U.S. Military and UFO's

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2019, 06:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Who’s science? Ours in our solar system?

Then, why the cover ups? The federal government is master of cover ups. From the bottom to top and from the top down. Only few really know what really happens and minimize the publicity due to career ambition. IMO the reason for most covers ups are due to major of people are mentally incapable of dealing with the truth.
The government couldn't keep the biggest secret of WW II - the atomic bomb! Stalin knew about it long before we used it on Japan. How do you think they could keep real aliens secret?
Old 06-24-2019, 08:17 PM
Send a message via AIM to vitacr

Why they would have an interest in Earth is hard to understand. It appears they are far superior in technology. I saw a UFO in NJ 11pm one evening in the early 70's. No doubt, it was too close - no sound, cigar shaped with lights all around - moved slowly up the peninsula & shown a very bright light periodically - returned to my location & sped off into the sky at supersonic speed & no noise. Unforgetable...........
Old 06-24-2019, 08:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitacr View Post
Why they would have an interest in Earth is hard to understand. It appears they are far superior in technology. I saw a UFO in NJ 11pm one evening in the early 70's. No doubt, it was too close - no sound, cigar shaped with lights all around - moved slowly up the peninsula & shown a very bright light periodically - returned to my location & sped off into the sky at supersonic speed & no noise. Unforgetable...........
Probably to see when and if we can get further than the moon and what kind of weapons we have now. Nuclear weaponry would be a worry even if they were far more sophisticated technologically than us.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:35 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Probably to see when and if we can get further than the moon and what kind of weapons we have now. Nuclear weaponry would be a worry even if they were far more sophisticated technologically than us.
I imagine a civilization a million to one hundred million or more years older than ours would consider our nukes children’s fireworks.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-24-2019, 10:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
The government couldn't keep the biggest secret of WW II - the atomic bomb! Stalin knew about it long before we used it on Japan. How do you think they could keep real aliens secret?
Do you know anything about government?
Old 06-24-2019, 10:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Blah ,blah, blah. Clueless till the end ;-)
See, I knew you would be impressed, chip off the old block
Old 06-25-2019, 08:03 AM
Veteran member

As Steven Hawking said (paraphrasing) - If aliens arrive from somewhere way out there we better hope they are friendly.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishJW View Post
As Steven Hawking said (paraphrasing) - If aliens arrive from somewhere way out there we better hope they are friendly.
Yes because what would be the purpose of their exploration other than to locate and settle on inhabitable planets themselves?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-25-2019, 08:24 AM
Sage

Not necessarily. They might want to explore strange new worlds and seek out new life and new civilizations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Yes because what would be the purpose of their exploration other than to locate and settle on inhabitable planets themselves?
Old 06-25-2019, 12:55 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Not necessarily. They might want to explore strange new worlds and seek out new life and new civilizations.
Or looking for a place to ship their recyclables.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:43 PM

You know when you actually see one it tends to shape your opinion. Fifty years ago one night my friend and I were in my back yard in CT. It was the 60's and we would get a kick out of spotting satellites. All of a sudden these 3 glowing disks go right over us at less than 1000 feet.. about the size of small planes. The thing of it was they were going at a very high rate of speed and did not make a single sound. At the time I was in Civil Air Patrol and knew alot about different types of aircraft.. and I know what I saw was not one of 'ours'. Of course our parents laughed it off.

I found out a few years later that a cop on the night shift in the next town over sat in his cruiser one night and watched a disk hover over an electric sub station for several minutes. This sub station is about a mile from my house. He reported it and was ridiculed off the force. I think he wrote a book or an article that was published somewhere about the incident and it's aftermath.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:39 PM
Sage

One of the men I knew who experienced a UFO sighting was a high level executive in a US subsidiary of a large Japanese company. He was Japanese, not an American. The other one had founded, built and run two successful Silicon Valley companies. Both had engineering degrees. I have known a few others who shared UFO stories confidentially after they got to know me well. They were scientists or engineers, not flakes.

Old 06-25-2019, 05:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishJW View Post
And hope they're papers are in order, otherwise they would be...illegal aliens.

Old 06-26-2019, 09:34 AM
Gold member

Our club called Exopolitics meets here in The Villages on the third Friday at Laurel Manor. We have been covering this subject for over five years now. If you want to learn more then drop in and learn a few things. Sorry to say, almost all of you have no idea what your talking about. To put it lightly WERE LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF YOU! Have a nice day...

Last edited by Lottoguy; 06-26-2019 at 09:47 AM.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:37 AM
Gold member

Just because we can't get there doesn't mean they can't get here. They would be so far advanced that to us it would look like magic. These sightings have been going of for centuries.
Closed Thread

Tags
military, pilots, speeds, hypersonic, sightings

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.