U.S. Military and UFO's

Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2019, 04:25 PM
Sage

That's funny. I don't doubt that we are not the only life in the universe. Suggesting that we have been visited is faith based, as opposed to science based, thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Pretty naive to think humans are the only special species in the universe, which we know virtually .9% of the universe. Just cause you read books, studied and pass test don’t make the authority on stuff we know little about. These incidents has nothing to do with Hollywood movies.

Probably the biggest cover up was Roswell incident. It don’t take months to clean up weather balloon That came down.

Last edited by biker1; 06-23-2019 at 08:25 PM.
Old 06-23-2019, 04:27 PM
Sage

That sort of thinking is devoid of the distance and technology required to traverse the distances involved. Believe what you will but at least acknowledge that it is faith based and not science based.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Although intelligent life is likely rare in the universe it is surely out there. As the earth’s sun is recent compared to many stars other civilizations may have had many millions of years to evolve ahead of us.

Two of the smartest men I know have privately told they were certain they had observed ufos. One had seen a lone one moving about his airplane then flying off. The other saw a group at a distance. The LEO who checked out the Roswell area landing spot observed physical affects to the environment.

For those so inclined it is not too late to get to Roswell’s annual UFO festival. For those not into UFOs while I was growing up in NM the prettiest young ladies in HS and college came from Roswell. No joke. Must be something in the water down there. 2019 UFO Festival – Official UFO Festival Roswell Website
Old 06-23-2019, 04:35 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,573 Times in 1,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
That sort of thinking is devoid of the distance and technology required to traverse the distances involved. Believe what you will but at least acknowledge that it is faith based and not science based.
Yes my statements are based on faith, faith in science, its proofs, discoveries, analyses and applications and faith in mathematics, statistics in the instant case.

As far as distance and technology goes I seriously doubt the human beings of even 10,000 years ago, who were just as smart or smarter than we are today, could imagine automobiles, refrigeration, appendectomies and other common aspects of life today much less smart phones, airplanes and our recent start in developing space travel via rockets akin to the Wright brothers at Kitty Hawk and their aircraft. The sky is no longer the limit!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 06-23-2019 at 05:41 PM.
Old 06-23-2019, 08:24 PM
Sage

The closest star is over 4 light years away. I believe the nearest habitable planet we are currently aware of is about 12 light years away. Traveling that distance in a reasonable amount of time is much different than building a car. Poor analogy on your part. Given the enormous distances in the universe, the chances that an advanced civilization capable of near light speed travel would come here is remote. Assuming that the creation of wormholes is even possible, you need to ask yourself why would a civilization capable of such technology choose to come here out of all of the possible galaxies? Again, Occam's Razor is at play when considering the origin of UFOs.

Quote:
Yes my statements are based on faith, faith in science, its proofs, discoveries, analyses and applications and faith in mathematics, statistics in the instant case.

As far as distance and technology goes I seriously doubt the human beings of even 10,000 years ago, who were just as smart or smarter than we are today, could imagine automobiles, refrigeration, appendectomies and other common aspects of life today much less smart phones, airplanes and our recent start in developing space travel via rockets akin to the Wright brothers at Kitty Hawk and their aircraft. The sky is no longer the limit!

Last edited by biker1; 06-23-2019 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-23-2019, 08:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
The closest star is over 4 light years away. I believe the nearest habitable planet we are currently aware of is about 12 light years away. Traveling that distance in a reasonable amount of time is much different than building a car. Poor analogy on your part. Given the enormous distances in the universe, the chances that an advanced civilization capable of light speed travel would come here is remote.
I agree that when limited to light speed the chances of alien visitation is remote. However if we had another million or hundred million years during which to evolve and advance we might be able to get around that. After all primitive humans could only travel as fast as they could run. I shall stick with my analogies which I consider valid.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-23-2019, 08:39 PM
Sage

Whatever. Advanced civilizations capable of near light speed travel, or somehow warping space, are not going to be visiting us in metal flying saucers. You still made a bad analogy.

Quote:
I agree that when limited to light speed the chances of alien visitation is remote. However if we had another million or hundred million years during which to evolve and advance we might be able to get around that. After all primitive humans could only travel as fast as they could run. I shall stick with my analogies which I consider valid.
Old 06-23-2019, 08:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Whatever. Advanced civilizations capable of near light speed travel, or somehow warping space, are not going to be visiting us in metal flying saucers. You still made a bad analogy.
How do you know they are flying saucers? And that they are metal?

Old 06-23-2019, 09:01 PM
Sage

Exactly what do you think has been reported over the years? The technology required for extended space travel will almost certainly not look like anything that can be imagined or reported. What point are you actually trying to make?

Quote:
How do you know they are flying saucers? And that they are metal?
Old 06-23-2019, 09:06 PM
Sage

My point is that science likely advances over time in every intelligent life civilization. Perhaps they will have learned to navigate the space-time continuum in some fashion so that the speed of light is not a hindrance or a limit. After all some forms of intelligent life may have been in existence for hundreds of millions of years or more. Gravity Probe B - Special & General Relativity Questions and Answers

Old 06-23-2019, 09:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Access Denied

Who knows what alien ships look like? But they are probably up there at some time or another. I expect if they have been an advanced civilization for millions of years they have kept tabs on more primitive civilizations and seeing how they evolve on their own.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
Thank God for that.
All these years I have been worried about a Klingon invasion.
I will sleep better tonight!
Old 06-24-2019, 05:25 AM
Sage

You are trying to morph the thread into a discussion about whether technology advances with time. Yes, it does. In our own case, however, it has been essentially stagnant for the last 50 years with regard to space travel. Why is this? For beginners, the technology to travel in space efficiently is very difficult to develop. Secondly, space is a very hostile environment. Regardless, suggestions that we have been visited by other civilizations is without proof and exceedingly unlikely. Is there life elsewhere in the multiverse? Yes, almost certainly. Can they get here? Yes, in sci-fi movies.

Quote:
My point is that science likely advances over time in every intelligent life civilization. Perhaps they will have learned to navigate the space-time continuum in some fashion so that the speed of light is not a hindrance or a limit. After all some forms of intelligent life may have been in existence for hundreds of millions of years or more. Gravity Probe B - Special & General Relativity Questions and Answers

Last edited by biker1; 06-24-2019 at 05:32 AM.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:28 AM
Sage

Probably up there? Exactly where is "up there"? If you are suggesting that "up there" is in orbit around the earth, it is much more likely that nobody is up there and never has been. Sorry to burst the bubble, but sci-fi movies are long on fiction and short on science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Access Denied

Who knows what alien ships look like? But they are probably up there at some time or another. I expect if they have been an advanced civilization for millions of years they have kept tabs on more primitive civilizations and seeing how they evolve on their own.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:29 AM
Sage

I am glad to put your mind at ease. I sleep well every night ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Thank God for that.
All these years I have been worried about a Klingon invasion.
I will sleep better tonight!
Old 06-24-2019, 07:18 AM
Veteran member
Default Believer Here

I saw a UFO as a teenager, and since that was about the time of Kitty Hawk, I'm pretty sure it wasn't ours. It was round (about moon sized in appearance), bright, and arced across the entire sky in just several seconds. It was not a meteor as I have seen several of those, and it had a flight pattern, not just something plowing down through our atmosphere.
Closed Thread

Tags
military, pilots, speeds, hypersonic, sightings

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.