U.S. Military and UFO's

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2019, 07:18 AM
Veteran member

I have no doubt that we have been & continue to be visited. To think we are the only civilization seems naive to me. It was not that long ago that sound waves were unimaginable. Because we cannot see it does not mean it isn't there.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:44 AM
Veteran member

Unless physics is different in the rest of the universe, UFOs are just that - Unidentified. Show me a piece of physical evidence that has passed scientific review and I'll believe. When I was a child I had a big notebook full of UFO clipings, but once I grew up and looked at the "evidence" in an educated way, I threw it away.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:03 AM

There is no such thing as Bigfoot and we have not been visited by aliens.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,906 Times in 2,444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
That's funny. I don't doubt that we are not the only life in the universe. Suggesting that we have been visited is faith based, as opposed to science based, thinking.
Who’s science? Ours in our solar system?

Then, why the cover ups? The federal government is master of cover ups. From the bottom to top and from the top down. Only few really know what really happens and minimize the publicity due to career ambition. IMO the reason for most covers ups are due to major of people are mentally incapable of dealing with the truth.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:42 AM
Sage

I don't spend time on conspiracy theories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Who’s science? Ours in our solar system?

Then, why the cover ups? The federal government is master of cover ups. From the bottom to top and from the top down. Only few really know what really happens and minimize the publicity due to career ambition. IMO the reason for most covers ups are due to major of people are mentally incapable of dealing with the truth.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
My point is that science likely advances over time in every intelligent life civilization. Perhaps they will have learned to navigate the space-time continuum in some fashion so that the speed of light is not a hindrance or a limit. After all some forms of intelligent life may have been in existence for hundreds of millions of years or more. Gravity Probe B - Special & General Relativity Questions and Answers
Hey, if Santa Claus can do it, why not aliens?

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 06-24-2019, 09:53 AM
Sage

Let's look at some numbers. The Milky Way Galaxy (our Galaxy) is 100,000 light years across and contains about 100 billion stars. There are about 100 billion galaxies. We have been transmitting electromagnetic energy to space for about 100 years. That means other civilizations within 100 light years may know about us, if they were listening on the correct frequency. Assuming a civilization within 100 light years knows about us, what is probability that they have advanced enough technology to travel here in a reasonable amount of time? What is the probability that if they had sufficient technology to come here that they would? There is no evidence that we have been visited and the extreme distances and large number of possibly habitable planets makes the probability of visitations to our particular planet remote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutmama View Post
I have no doubt that we have been & continue to be visited. To think we are the only civilization seems naive to me. It was not that long ago that sound waves were unimaginable. Because we cannot see it does not mean it isn't there.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
You are trying to morph the thread into a discussion about whether technology advances with time. Yes, it does. In our own case, however, it has been essentially stagnant for the last 50 years with regard to space travel. Why is this? For beginners, the technology to travel in space efficiently is very difficult to develop. Secondly, space is a very hostile environment. Regardless, suggestions that we have been visited by other civilizations is without proof and exceedingly unlikely. Is there life elsewhere in the multiverse? Yes, almost certainly. Can they get here? Yes, in sci-fi movies.
They are already here, my friend, and some of them live right here in The Villages.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeser View Post
I saw a UFO as a teenager, and since that was about the time of Kitty Hawk, I'm pretty sure it wasn't ours. It was round (about moon sized in appearance), bright, and arced across the entire sky in just several seconds. It was not a meteor as I have seen several of those, and it had a flight pattern, not just something plowing down through our atmosphere.
I believe you, as I also have seen one. I still get goose bumps when I picture it.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

This thread has turned into a discussion of "flying saucers" and I am using that term instead of UFO because what is the difference.

Sightings of UFO's are pretty much individual and NOBODY ever sees them but the one reporting.

Not one piece of credible evidence has ever been offered to substantiate these visitors from another orbit or where ever you imagine them to be.

LOTS of evidence of weather things in the air, of government testing (I keep reminding all of the UFO sighting in the late 50's and 60's which much can be explained by our government experimenting and testing things, LIKE THE U2 SPY PLANE, all credible and validated.

Why everyone prefers those theories right out of the National Enquirer rather than scientists and astronomers is well beyond me.

Reading today and being aware, you must know that almost every country with any resources is experimenting in ways to watch and listen in the most "cyber" kind of way, yet we talk of flying saucers and other worlds.

Of course anything is possible, but ALL evidence points to something other than other worlds visiting us...ALL evidence. If unexplained THAT IS NOT EVIDENCE, simply unexplained.

Anyone who claims to see a Unidentified Flying Object, I believe did, in facts, see an UNIDENTIFIED Flying Object.
Old 06-24-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I do not, frankly, see why they would want anything to do with us.
Most alien abduction stories involve some sort of "probing" so...maybe it's that?
Old 06-24-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Let's look at some numbers. The Milky Way Galaxy (our Galaxy) is 100,000 light years across and contains about 100 billion stars. There are about 100 billion galaxies. We have been transmitting electromagnetic energy to space for about 100 years. That means other civilizations within 100 light years may know about us, if they were listening on the correct frequency. Assuming a civilization within 100 light years knows about us, what is probability that they have advanced enough technology to travel here in a reasonable amount of time? What is the probability that if they had sufficient technology to come here that they would? There is no evidence that we have been visited and the extreme distances and large number of possibly habitable planets makes the probability of visitations to our particular planet remote.
This ^^

It's hard to imaging any way to go faster than the speed of light and with the distances we're talking...that is way way too slow. Plus you've got the time distortion issue to deal with. Take a trip to Earth and when you get back you find your great great great grandchildren are older than you.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,906 Times in 2,444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel 1952 View Post
Finely a know it all with all the answers biker will be impressed
Old 06-24-2019, 06:43 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel 1952 View Post
And circa 1491 “We all know the earth is flat.”

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-24-2019, 06:45 PM
Sage

Blah ,blah, blah. Clueless till the end ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Finely a know it all with all the answers biker will be impressed
Closed Thread

Tags
military, pilots, speeds, hypersonic, sightings

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.