U.S. Military and UFO's

U.S. Military and UFO's

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 06-23-2019, 08:39 PM
Platinum member

Whatever. Advanced civilizations capable of near light speed travel, or somehow warping space, are not going to be visiting us in metal flying saucers. You still made a bad analogy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
I agree that when limited to light speed the chances of alien visitation is remote. However if we had another million or hundred million years during which to evolve and advance we might be able to get around that. After all primitive humans could only travel as fast as they could run. I shall stick with my analogies which I consider valid.

Old 06-23-2019, 08:57 PM
Sage

Location: NJ, NY, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NM, CA and ID, not necessarily in that order

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Whatever. Advanced civilizations capable of near light speed travel, or somehow warping space, are not going to be visiting us in metal flying saucers. You still made a bad analogy.
How do you know they are flying saucers? And that they are metal?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2019, 09:01 PM
Platinum member

Exactly what do you think has been reported over the years? The technology required for extended space travel will almost certainly not look like anything that can be imagined or reported. What point are you actually trying to make?

Quote:
How do you know they are flying saucers? And that they are metal?
Old 06-23-2019, 09:06 PM
Sage

Location: NJ, NY, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NM, CA and ID, not necessarily in that order

My point is that science likely advances over time in every intelligent life civilization. Perhaps they will have learned to navigate the space-time continuum in some fashion so that the speed of light is not a hindrance or a limit. After all some forms of intelligent life may have been in existence for hundreds of millions of years or more. Gravity Probe B - Special & General Relativity Questions and Answers

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-23-2019, 09:37 PM
Sage

Access Denied

Who knows what alien ships look like? But they are probably up there at some time or another. I expect if they have been an advanced civilization for millions of years they have kept tabs on more primitive civilizations and seeing how they evolve on their own.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:24 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Thank God for that.
All these years I have been worried about a Klingon invasion.
I will sleep better tonight!
Old 06-24-2019, 05:25 AM
Platinum member

You are trying to morph the thread into a discussion about whether technology advances with time. Yes, it does. In our own case, however, it has been essentially stagnant for the last 50 years with regard to space travel. Why is this? For beginners, the technology to travel in space efficiently is very difficult to develop. Secondly, space is a very hostile environment. Regardless, suggestions that we have been visited by other civilizations is without proof and exceedingly unlikely. Is there life elsewhere in the multiverse? Yes, almost certainly. Can they get here? Yes, in sci-fi movies.

Quote:
My point is that science likely advances over time in every intelligent life civilization. Perhaps they will have learned to navigate the space-time continuum in some fashion so that the speed of light is not a hindrance or a limit. After all some forms of intelligent life may have been in existence for hundreds of millions of years or more. Gravity Probe B - Special & General Relativity Questions and Answers

Last edited by biker1; 06-24-2019 at 05:32 AM.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:28 AM
Platinum member

Probably up there? Exactly where is "up there"? If you are suggesting that "up there" is in orbit around the earth, it is much more likely that nobody is up there and never has been. Sorry to burst the bubble, but sci-fi movies are long on fiction and short on science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Access Denied

Who knows what alien ships look like? But they are probably up there at some time or another. I expect if they have been an advanced civilization for millions of years they have kept tabs on more primitive civilizations and seeing how they evolve on their own.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:29 AM
Platinum member

I am glad to put your mind at ease. I sleep well every night ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Thank God for that.
All these years I have been worried about a Klingon invasion.
I will sleep better tonight!
Believer Here
Old 06-24-2019, 07:18 AM

Default Believer Here

I saw a UFO as a teenager, and since that was about the time of Kitty Hawk, I'm pretty sure it wasn't ours. It was round (about moon sized in appearance), bright, and arced across the entire sky in just several seconds. It was not a meteor as I have seen several of those, and it had a flight pattern, not just something plowing down through our atmosphere.

Tags
military, pilots, speeds, hypersonic, sightings