U.S. Military and UFO's

Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2019, 09:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Keeping in mind y'all, that there is just as much actual proof or credible evidence proving UFO's are extraterrestrial...as there is that God exists.

Meaning none, as it really boils down to personal beliefs...and just 'faith.'

Just saying.

Faulty comparison. Better comparison:
UFOs exist vs. God exists.

Another better comparison:
UFOs are extraterrestrial vs. God is a supernatural being.

UFOs are actually secret government projects
vs.
God is actually a really big male who sits on a throne with a long white beard wearing a robe who talks like Charlton Heston with sound distortion turned on.

The problem with that is - we already know UFOs exist. We have the UFOs themselves as proof of this. What is their source of origin? That's another problem. Speculation is that the government KNOWS the source of origin, and they're just not telling you. Just like evangelical TV ministers insist they know God, that God speaks to them personally and wants you to buy them a jet plane.

Who is telling the truth, who is making things up? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 06-27-2019, 09:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Faulty comparison. Better comparison:
UFOs exist vs. God exists.

UFOs are extraterrestrial vs. God is a supernatural being.

UFOs are actually secret government projects
vs.
God is actually a really big male who sits on a throne with a long white beard wearing a robe who talks like Charlton Heston with sound distortion turned on.

The problem with that is - we already know UFOs exist. We have the UFOs themselves as proof of this. What is their source of origin? That's another problem. Speculation is that the government KNOWS the source of origin, and they're just not telling you. Just like evangelical TV ministers insist they know God, that God speaks to them personally and wants you to buy them a jet plane.

Who is telling the truth, who is making things up? Inquiring minds want to know.

Sorry...all wrong.

I'll stick with my original comparison...as it's the most accurate.
Old 06-28-2019, 08:22 AM

I would agree with you but Once you have seen one views change.I stood under something that was only a few hundred feet over me.Watched it heard it and saw who ever piloted it in it.The report even uses my last name as the it's name and was done by Hynek.Yes other people saw it.No it wasn't a disk it was like a 707 but only the wings no cabin.And it was a cloud free evening.It made a slight humming sound and stayed over me for 5 mins and then stated to drift away until I lost it in the tree line.I drove to a better viewing area but it was gone.This was 10/27/74 might be off by couple of days but it is public record and was only about 4 miles from Ohare airport in Chicago
Old 06-28-2019, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Just because you are unaware of credible evidence,doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You're welcome.
1. You "imply" that there IS credible evidence, and the poster is not aware. Please share.

2. Using your premise, we should discuss goblins under the bridge at Sumter Landing. Have no credible evidence thus it means it may exist.

Again, UFO....unidentified flying objects are just that...UNIDENTIFIED.
Old 06-28-2019, 06:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
This forum is for people to discuss and express their opinions Opinion | Definition of Opinion by Merriam-Webster
Not for some obnoxious self righteous know-it-alls to demand facts and links that are simply what they choose to believe. If you were actually an intelligent person you would realize that you know nothing Socrates - The only true wisdom is in knowing you know....
So take that “fact” and shove it where the sun doesn’t shine.

Now maybe they will delete my account!
You have to do way better than that. That doesn't even qualify for a trip to the Penalty Box..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 06-28-2019, 06:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
1. You "imply" that there IS credible evidence, and the poster is not aware. Please share.

2. Using your premise, we should discuss goblins under the bridge at Sumter Landing. Have no credible evidence thus it means it may exist.

Again, UFO....unidentified flying objects are just that...UNIDENTIFIED.
I don't know what hat you pulled it out of that I "implied" any such thing. Does Roswell or Project Blue Book mean anything to you? Just because I have never seen goblins under the bridge, doesn't mean they aren't there.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 06-28-2019, 07:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
This forum is for people to discuss and express their opinions Opinion | Definition of Opinion by Merriam-Webster
Not for some obnoxious self righteous know-it-alls to demand facts and links that are simply what they choose to believe. If you were actually an intelligent person you would realize that you know nothing Socrates - The only true wisdom is in knowing you know....
So take that “fact” and shove it where the sun doesn’t shine.

Now maybe they will delete my account!
That is pretty simplistic.

You suggest that the loudest, biggest mouth, best actor, no matter if what he or she says is incorrect or untrue, who should be listened to. Those who differ, but supply credible facts to support, are to be ignored.

In my life, never in any intelligent discussion among adults was the presentation of factual information frowned upon, or generated such anger.

Actually your quote from Socrates refers to being humble and being aware you know nothing, i.e. Be aware you can learn facts.

Perhaps my education and experience is questionable because, investigation of facts to learn, and listening and reading to learn was the essence of everyone and everything.
Old 06-28-2019, 07:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
I don't know what hat you pulled it out of that I "implied" any such thing. Does Roswell or Project Blue Book mean anything to you? Just because I have never seen goblins under the bridge, doesn't mean they aren't there.
I will assume that you are not speaking of the various tv shows, movies and books about these subjects.

In actuality, Rosewell and Project Blue Book established nothing, and I think Project Blue Book was disbanded in the late 60's and if you read the facts, which now seems to be a dirty word on here, you will find nothing approaching the "Hollywood" or "conspiracy theories" in various supermarket tabloids. Nothing.

I appreciate folks enjoy this stuff, but when presented as fact, when none exist is....well, again in my world unacceptable.

Oh, and if you wish to believe in the goblins, that is your right. There is so very much to be learned in this universe, this world, this country, this county, I prefer to read about the real world, although enjoy sci fi movies, but understand they are MOVIES, nothing else. Too many folks watch YouTube and absorp tripe that simply messes your mind. No, not saying everyone on YouTube lies, but if anyone watched the hearings on the "messing" with our countries infrastructure, and American systems by those who wish us harm, then you might have an interest in stopping that behavior, and embrace facts more readily.

Last edited by Bucco; 06-28-2019 at 07:28 PM.
Old 06-29-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Just because you are unaware of credible evidence,doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You're welcome.
I'd be interested in seeing some of this credible evidence.
Old 06-29-2019, 08:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastskiguy View Post
I'd be interested in seeing some of this credible evidence.
You will not see any because it does not exist, despite years and years of TV, movies and book.

This thread amazes me because of the ease in which people get caught up in "fantasy" and choose to ignore the real world.

Our REAL world needs a lot of help, and in a sense this thread manifests concern as we openly criticize truth and facts and hold on to, and in facts, seemingly embrace openly things that are patently untrue.

It sounds like some wish to live in this fantasy world of space ships and aliens, while totally and completely ignoring REAL and true threats to our world, and for me, that is scary.

Real honest cyber attacks are ignored and "pooh poohed" while we have this need to believe in fantasies.
Old 06-29-2019, 08:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Why we should take UFO sightings seriously | Cosmos

This is quite interesting.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Allow me to be clear.

I have no objection to the STUDY of this or anything. As I keep sayin, searching for facts and truth is something I readily endorse.

Accepting WITHOUT FACTS is a problem for me.

Rejecting or mocking presentation of facts is a REAL problem for me. Those who mock that but embrace the opposite simply scare me, because the entire basis of their beliefs is based on lies and fantasy.

The link is interesting for sure, but still nothing new is presented except for new studies.

My point is....why do we object to, even make fun of interference in our life that is REAL and absolutely fact proven. Why do we not want to address reality ?

Anyone who says with authority and confidence that the universe offers nothing else living is foolish, and. Do not claim that.

I only post, objecting in the strongest possible way, mocking if facts, truth or the search and need for both.

That is truely objectionable, and embracing fantasy while ignoring the real world is distasteful, scary, and to express anger or mock anyone who wants truth and facts is not only puzzling, but, in my opinion, very abnormal.

We seem to reach out for NON real things, made up fantasies, instead of looking to understand our world as it REALLY and truely is.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Allow me to be clear.

I have no objection to the STUDY of this or anything. As I keep sayin, searching for facts and truth is something I readily endorse.

Accepting WITHOUT FACTS is a problem for me.

Rejecting or mocking presentation of facts is a REAL problem for me. Those who mock that but embrace the opposite simply scare me, because the entire basis of their beliefs is based on lies and fantasy.

The link is interesting for sure, but still nothing new is presented except for new studies.

My point is....why do we object to, even make fun of interference in our life that is REAL and absolutely fact proven. Why do we not want to address reality ?

Anyone who says with authority and confidence that the universe offers nothing else living is foolish, and. Do not claim that.

I only post, objecting in the strongest possible way, mocking if facts, truth or the search and need for both.

That is truely objectionable, and embracing fantasy while ignoring the real world is distasteful, scary, and to express anger or mock anyone who wants truth and facts is not only puzzling, but, in my opinion, very abnormal.

We seem to reach out for NON real things, made up fantasies, instead of looking to understand our world as it REALLY and truely is.
Cyber warfare is very real and there is a lot of evidence for it. As are many problems plaguing the world but there is very little than most of us can do anything about it. And I better not say more or else it will get political.

I do think that aliens are watching us to keep track of our developments in key areas but ignore us most of the time unless we pose a threat to them. And they would have to get test subjects to see what kind of diseases have evolved in our bodies, etc.

I do believe some of the stories of abduction.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 06-29-2019 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Cyber warfare is very real and there is a lot of evidence for it. As are many problems plaguing the world but there is very little than most of us can do anything about it. And I better not say more or else it will get political.

I do thing that aliens are watching us to keep track of our developments in key areas but ignore us most of the time unless we pose a threat to them. And they would have to get test subjects to see what kind of diseases have evolved in our bodies, etc.

I do believe some of the stories of abduction.
It is NOT political to be concerned and cyber warfare is a real, tangible threat unattended nor even condemned.

BUT....my point was that folks on here recently on this thread in particular but in general seem to have a bad hatred for truth and facts.

That is something new to me. Hard to believe that people just decided the truth does not count. It is very apparent on here as I, and others, are mocked because we supply backup for our posts or ask where others got any information when they make claims about anything and it is easily proven untrue.

It appears to be a "thing" on the forum, and I simply find it hard to accept that people who post on here could be ANTI fact, or ANTI truth.....boggles the mind.

Any discussion, in the past on this forum was a give and take based on facts and truths...the discussions were not based on whether the facts presented were true because people supplied credible links and the discussion was all revolved around the facts.

You cannot.....CANNOT...have an adult discussion without truths. It is a playground yelling match among kids instead an adult discussion.

I simply am posting saying the mocking of folks who respect facts and truth is sort of like young children who have a tantrum.

I am sick of being mocked on other threads simply because I ask somebody to show me how you arrived at what I think and try to show as a lie.
Old 06-29-2019, 04:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
It is NOT political to be concerned and cyber warfare is a real, tangible threat unattended nor even condemned.

BUT....my point was that folks on here recently on this thread in particular but in general seem to have a bad hatred for truth and facts.

That is something new to me. Hard to believe that people just decided the truth does not count. It is very apparent on here as I, and others, are mocked because we supply backup for our posts or ask where others got any information when they make claims about anything and it is easily proven untrue.

It appears to be a "thing" on the forum, and I simply find it hard to accept that people who post on here could be ANTI fact, or ANTI truth.....boggles the mind.

Any discussion, in the past on this forum was a give and take based on facts and truths...the discussions were not based on whether the facts presented were true because people supplied credible links and the discussion was all revolved around the facts.

You cannot.....CANNOT...have an adult discussion without truths. It is a playground yelling match among kids instead an adult discussion.

I simply am posting saying the mocking of folks who respect facts and truth is sort of like young children who have a tantrum.

I am sick of being mocked on other threads simply because I ask somebody to show me how you arrived at what I think and try to show as a lie.
Well said.

It's a fact, that some folks don't understand the difference in an opinion...and the truth/facts.

When dealing with actual facts, one can always speculate or provide their opinion on how that something became a fact, but to simply state that "everything is an opinion," or even that all opinions are created equal (regardless of the credible research, or lack thereof, behind those opinions)...is simply ludicrous.
Closed Thread

Tags
military, pilots, speeds, hypersonic, sightings

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.