March 2011 Villages Magazine?

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Gold member
Default March 2011 Villages Magazine?

Has anyone received the March '11 online version of The Villages Magazine? I got the March V Mail update, but the most recent magazine available there seems to be Feb '11. Thanks for any help/info.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Gold member

I mistakenly put this thread in Non Villages Discussion vs. General. Any help is appreciated....
Old 03-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009
Default New one is out

New one came hard copy in The Daily Sun last week (Mar. 1st?)
Old 03-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Default March Villages Magazine

You can pick up a copy at any Citizens First
Bank
Old 03-10-2011, 08:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKat1 View Post
Has anyone received the March '11 online version of The Villages Magazine? I got the March V Mail update, but the most recent magazine available there seems to be Feb '11. Thanks for any help/info.
The on line version is only available, as far as I can tell, through the Daily Sun web site by clicking on the links tab. The old trick of changing the date in the Nxtbook URL does not work so it may be that TV has changed vendors for their digital media.

Compare the URL that you get in the V-mail to the one in the Daily Sun and you will see the difference. In the V-mail URL change the date to something a few months ago and it will bring up past issues.

If you go the the Daily Sun site and click on the link you will see the current issue and there is no way to save a copy to your computer.

I have sent an e-mail to the Daily Sun regarding this issue and have not had a reply as yet. I may try an e-mail to Nxtbook.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:16 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwind View Post
The on line version is only available, as far as I can tell, through the Daily Sun web site by clicking on the links tab. The old trick of changing the date in the Nxtbook URL does not work so it may be that TV has changed vendors for their digital media.

Compare the URL that you get in the V-mail to the one in the Daily Sun and you will see the difference. In the V-mail URL change the date to something a few months ago and it will bring up past issues.

If you go the the Daily Sun site and click on the link you will see the current issue and there is no way to save a copy to your computer.

I have sent an e-mail to the Daily Sun regarding this issue and have not had a reply as yet. I may try an e-mail to Nxtbook.
Thanks for the tip but I went to the Sun's web site, clicked Links, and Feb '11 was the most recent available, no March. All of the previous issues were there, but no March. Did you see the March issue when you went thru the Daily Sun site?
Old 03-10-2011, 08:46 PM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKat1 View Post
Thanks for the tip but I went to the Sun's web site, clicked Links, and Feb '11 was the most recent available, no March. All of the previous issues were there, but no March. Did you see the March issue when you went thru the Daily Sun site?
When you click on the Feb 2011 with the baseball player. It is the March issue. No idea why it does not say March.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Veteran member

Looks like The Daily Sun made a mistake and did not change the date. Just click on the baseball cover and it will take you to the March issue and if you find a way to download it please let me know.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:36 PM
Gold member

Bingo! Thanks nkrifats and Hawkwind...
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.