UFO encounters?

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2011, 05:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default I assume you didn't get the picture...

Wow!.....Thank you so much for sharing your story....We are both amazed at the stores told on this thread......Keep them coming....Thank you again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
In August 1969 around 3:00PM I was driving on a curvy hilly road that connected two state highways. Looked up saw a strange metallic object pulled to the left side of the highway and in that time this massive metallic object was close to the ground blocking out the horizon. i did not see any lights or windows nor did i hear the sounds of an engine. It was like looking under a steel bowl when looking up. I was in awe. I stood there for what seem liked a minute or so then rembered I had a camera in my car.
with the window down reached in grabbed the camera and aimed it at the UFO. In an instant and what I describe as a backward Z pattern the UFO disappeared. It took me five years just to tell my spouse because I knew she like many other people would never believe me.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:38 PM

I grew up believing in "flying saucers", my father was a police officer in a small town, working the night shift when he got a call from a panicky lady that something was shining a bright light in her back field. My father drove out to investigate and saw a large "spot light" coming from beneath the outline of a saucer shaped object and it was shining the light around the field ......he drove into the lady's yard as he drove past the house towards the field in back ...the object lifted up into the sky and quickly disappeared. ...this was late '40s (1948-1949)....the object was not a helicopter, it made no sound.

My Story, 1972 St Augustine, Fl...I lived on Sailboat and a friend and I were sitting in the cockpit facing the east looking over the ocean chatting.....My friend says out of the blue "did you see what I just saw"....I asked "What did you see"......What we both saw, was sitting high in the eastern sky 12 o'clock position was a very bright light (star, we thought)...this was at dusk and from out of the south came a pinpoint light very fast at about the 4 o'clock position then went up and (into) the brighter light.....within seconds both went straight up out of sight.....We both decided there was no aircraft we knew of that could do this.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:50 PM
Sage

300 feet? Do you know how close that is in the air?

not saying he didn't see what he thinks he saw but would you get within 300 feet of a football field size object in space? Not likely.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:52 PM

We all seen alot of strange stuff in 1969!

Old 02-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default UFO Part II

Jebartle The sight of the camera is what caused this UFO to disappear faster then it took me to aim that camera. Again moving from left motion to right then upward then right to left completing the top of a Z and it was gone. I tried over the years to believe that perhaps it was a government secret project but to this day the military has not come close to displaying this sort of technology. By the way it was in the shape of a saucer. Again from where I was standing it was like looking underneath a stainless steel kitchen bowl.

I suspect there are many people who claim sightings and are lying or mistaken. However there are so many credible people like the pilot cited earlier in this thread.

Yet this was a broad daylight August day on a Friday afternoon with not a cloud in the sky. So I had a clear view of what was in front of me. Again the speed with which it left is unimagineable. If we could go back in time that is one time I would choose for myself. It had a profound and lasting effect on my life.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Jebartle The sight of the camera is what caused this UFO to disappear faster then it took me to aim that camera. Again moving from left motion to right then upward then right to left completing the top of a Z and it was gone. I tried over the years to believe that perhaps it was a government secret project but to this day the military has not come close to displaying this sort of technology. By the way it was in the shape of a saucer. Again from where I was standing it was like looking underneath a stainless steel kitchen bowl.

I suspect there are many people who claim sightings and are lying or mistaken. However there are so many credible people like the pilot cited earlier in this thread.

Yet this was a broad daylight August day on a Friday afternoon with not a cloud in the sky. So I had a clear view of what was in front of me. Again the speed with which it left is unimagineable. If we could go back in time that is one time I would choose for myself. It had a profound and lasting effect on my life.
Thank you so much for sharing this event with all of us here, thank you.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by novie2 View Post
I grew up believing in "flying saucers", my father was a police officer in a small town, working the night shift when he got a call from a panicky lady that something was shining a bright light in her back field. My father drove out to investigate and saw a large "spot light" coming from beneath the outline of a saucer shaped object and it was shining the light around the field ......he drove into the lady's yard as he drove past the house towards the field in back ...the object lifted up into the sky and quickly disappeared. ...this was late '40s (1948-1949)....the object was not a helicopter, it made no sound.

My Story, 1972 St Augustine, Fl...I lived on Sailboat and a friend and I were sitting in the cockpit facing the east looking over the ocean chatting.....My friend says out of the blue "did you see what I just saw"....I asked "What did you see"......What we both saw, was sitting high in the eastern sky 12 o'clock position was a very bright light (star, we thought)...this was at dusk and from out of the south came a pinpoint light very fast at about the 4 o'clock position then went up and (into) the brighter light.....within seconds both went straight up out of sight.....We both decided there was no aircraft we knew of that could do this.
Appreciate you sharing your story. It's always so very interesting to learn about what others have witnessed. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:21 PM
Eternal Member

First of all let me say that I do believe that there is life out there in the universe. And they are probably completely different than us. I do believe that people posting have seen these phenomena.

And I have a question: We keep sending probes to these different planets to see if there is water. For some reason our scientists believe that water equals life. Why do these scientists think that any other life form in the universe or other galaxy is like us and needs water to exist?

Just curious.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
First of all let me say that I do believe that there is life out there in the universe. And they are probably completely different than us. I do believe that people posting have seen these phenomena.

And I have a question: We keep sending probes to these different planets to see if there is water. For some reason our scientists believe that water equals life. Why do these scientists think that any other life form in the universe or other galaxy is like us and needs water to exist?

Just curious.

Z
Actually, they're looking for LIQUID water, not ice or vapor. I've provided a link to "Life's Little Essential" from NOVA. It's interesting reading. Check out the link for a good explaination about why water is necessary for life.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/origins/essential.html
Old 02-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
Actually, they're looking for LIQUID water, not ice or vapor. I've provided a link to "Life's Little Essential" from NOVA. It's interesting reading. Check out the link for a good explaination about why water is necessary for life.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/origins/essential.html
If you go to the Nova Mars Dead or Alive at the bottom of this article and go to Ask The Expert, there is this Q&A:

Q: Is it possible that the things necessary to sustain life are different on other planets than they are on Earth?
Westview 8th Grade, Denver, Colorado

A: It may be possible, but life as we know it needs relatively moderate temperatures and water to live. So, places with those conditions are the first place to look. We know that, at a minimum, life needs an energy source of some sort.

So the conjecture is "life as we know it". I guess I will have to go with that.

Thanks for the links.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:35 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
Okay- I confess. My planet sent me here a year ago to study the habits of Earthlings. I somehow ended up on TOTV. I keep reporting to my superiors back home how strange this civilization is. Everyone is so happy. At least when they are not involved in a political debat. I see no reason to send down our fleet to destroy these what you call HUMANS. My other soldiers have reported how destructive and hateful they are throughout the world but I don't see it in this community. If we decide to destroy this planet, I will suggest they spare the Village People. There is hope for them.
Tom, I think the fleet and your mothership is back looking for you.
The Villages Florida

Has anyone heard from Tom lately? I sure hope the mother ship didn't get him!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 02-25-2011, 05:24 AM
Sage
Default I'm so amazed

that this many stories have come out of this corner of the world....I'm sure having so many military has something to do with it!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:05 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Has anyone heard from Tom lately? I sure hope the mother ship didn't get him!

Because you asked, SkyGuy............
The mother ship will not come for me until I finish my research. Although most reports from other astronauts say, “This planet will self destruct”, I feel you Village People are a peaceful bunch and I need to continue my studies a bit longer until I find out why. Are you taking happy pills or is there something in that terrible tasting water?
Old 02-25-2011, 07:57 AM
Founder

How's this for an idea.

There is a belief held among some that earthlings were put here by beings from another plant for whatever reason. Maybe they wanted to see what happens (kinda like an ant farm) or their planet was in danger of demise or what ever.

In any event, it's been found that ancients have made references to beings and visitors. It's been found in their writings and wall paintings.

Next step: Most of us believe in God. If God made people, then he made all the people who might be living on all the planets, right? So, did he make all the people on all the planets to look the same way?

During these early visits, the new earthlings could well have thought the visitors from the sky were a deity. Then, if in fact we were brought here by beings from other planets who look like us, that lends an interesting theory to the biblical passage that God "made man in his own image and likeness."
Old 02-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Sage
Default I really started this post for 2dogs

He is sooo into ufo's, I don't think he has missed one history channel special on this subject.....The reports from Villagers has been great and would love to hear more
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.