Universal Masking for Source Control

Closed Thread
Old 09-14-2021, 02:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts
Default Universal Masking for Source Control

A mask mandate for children in school is necessary to slow the spread of this Covid virus. Parents should not have the ability or freedom to choose whether their child wears a mask in the classroom. That decision should not be up to the parents. Universal masking is effective only when EVERYONE (all the children and teachers) wears a mask in the classroom. Masks should be worn PROPERLY by covering the NOSE and MOUTH at all times. One reason why masking has not worked for us is that compliance of wearing masks properly is practically non existent.

This is what the CDC says about the effectiveness of Universal masking as source control.....

Science Brief: Community Use of Cloth Masks to Control the Spread of SARS-CoV-2 | CDC
Old 09-14-2021, 02:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,205 Posts

Masking is the only risk reduction available to children.

Powerpoint summary of the Science behind masking to reduce the risk of transmitting COVID.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...sking-full.pdf
Old 09-14-2021, 02:32 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,311 Times in 381 Posts

Oh god..another mask thread...just what we need
Old 09-14-2021, 03:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Oh please..masks..be grateful u can still see to read them!
Old 09-14-2021, 03:37 PM

That's what someone says this week......
Old 09-14-2021, 04:16 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
A mask mandate for children in school is necessary to slow the spread of this Covid virus. Parents should not have the ability or freedom to choose whether their child wears a mask in the classroom. That decision should not be up to the parents. Universal masking is effective only when EVERYONE (all the children and teachers) wears a mask in the classroom. Masks should be worn PROPERLY by covering the NOSE and MOUTH at all times. One reason why masking has not worked for us is that compliance of wearing masks properly is practically non existent.

This is what the CDC says about the effectiveness of Universal masking as source control.....

Science Brief: Community Use of Cloth Masks to Control the Spread of SARS-CoV-2 | CDC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
Masking is the only risk reduction available to children.

Powerpoint summary of the Science behind masking to reduce the risk of transmitting COVID.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...sking-full.pdf
So you still have confidence in the CDC's "science" re children wearing masks after all of the teacher's union influence/interference?
cdc influenced by teacher's union at DuckDuckGo

And that court decision on mask wearing and parents seem to still be up in the air!
Access Denied

Old 09-14-2021, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
So you still have confidence in the CDC's "science" re children wearing masks after all of the teacher's union influence/interference?
cdc influenced by teacher's union at DuckDuckGo

And that court decision on mask wearing and parents seem to still be up in the air!
Access Denied
How about common sense for a change! If you think it's harmful to wear a mask then keep the kids home. This argument about masks is just nuts. Last years cold and flew season was a non event. Doesn't that tell you masks do some good? The Delta version was not around last year. It's something of a new ball game for those who would talk about last school year.

Always be humble and kind.

Last edited by TSO/ISPF; 09-14-2021 at 05:01 PM. Reason: added statement
Old 09-14-2021, 05:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
And the same posters with there bias opinions…….right nothing new to be learned here.
Old 09-14-2021, 05:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,177 Times in 4,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by heims01 View Post
How about common sense for a change! If you think it's harmful to wear a mask then keep the kids home. This argument about masks is just nuts. Last years cold and flew season was a non event. Doesn't that tell you masks do some good? The Delta version was not around last year. It's something of a new ball game for those who would talk about last school year.
Cold and flu was down because everyone was working from home, kids were zooming for classes and people finally figured out how to wash their hands...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-14-2021, 06:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

I recommend we should have mask permanently sowed to our faces with only tiny slit for straw. The would solve several problems. Mask zombies, overweight problems, and obnoxiously loud people to name few.
Old 09-14-2021, 06:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:

Totally agree.

I'm just going to re-post what I posted on another thread on the same subject which was closed because, as usual, people could not keep their dumb political comments to themselves.

Background----I posted that this decision should not be left to parents or even school boards because 90+% of them lack the knowledge to make such a decision. The usual culprit, and rather lamely this time, stated that I insulted 90+% of parents, and then quipped "My child has a temp of 103. Hello congressman, what should I do"

So here was my response:

Yes, when the topic is the understanding of the virology and epidemiology of a COVID pandemic and the value of masks for both the vaccinated and unvaccinated, adults and children, I AM going to insult 90+% of not only parents, but all adults as well. It is simply NOT a decision that should be left to either amateurs or politicians.

BTW, It's hardly an "insult". If you tell me I don't have the expertise to land an F-16 on the deck of an aircraft carrier, are you insulting me?

and as a to: "My child has a fever of 103. Hello, congressman. What should I do?"---How about "Hello, pediatrician, what should I do"?
Old 09-14-2021, 07:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Totally agree.

I'm just going to re-post what I posted on another thread on the same subject which was closed because, as usual, people could not keep their dumb political comments to themselves.

Background----I posted that this decision should not be left to parents or even school boards because 90+% of them lack the knowledge to make such a decision. The usual culprit, and rather lamely this time, stated that I insulted 90+% of parents, and then quipped "My child has a temp of 103. Hello congressman, what should I do"

So here was my response:

Yes, when the topic is the understanding of the virology and epidemiology of a COVID pandemic and the value of masks for both the vaccinated and unvaccinated, adults and children, I AM going to insult 90+% of not only parents, but all adults as well. It is simply NOT a decision that should be left to either amateurs or politicians.

BTW, It's hardly an "insult". If you tell me I don't have the expertise to land an F-16 on the deck of an aircraft carrier, are you insulting me?

and as a to: "My child has a fever of 103. Hello, congressman. What should I do?"---How about "Hello, pediatrician, what should I do"?
Why should anyone in the Villages care about whether children are put in harm's way? Their kids are all grown.

Let the parents of today's schoolkids decide whether or not to teach their kids to look both ways before crossing the street. Let them decide whether or not to give their kids a shotgun for their 10th birthday, or let their 12-year-old take the golf cart for a spin when they visit. Let the parents of today's kids decide whether or not they should be inconvenienced by a mask so that they don't catch a deadly disease that they aren't eligible to vaccinate against yet.

Let them decide whether or not to let them play with fireworks in the back yard.

Let them decide whether or not to bring up irresponsible children who were never taught that common sense is a good thing to have, and that as members of civilization, they are expected to grow up to be civilized adults.

Y'all had your turn making those decisions for YOUR kids. If the generation failed, it's because you failed them. Now sit back and let them raise or kill their own children as they see fit.
Old 09-15-2021, 04:44 AM
Veteran member

“Take this mask and shove it I ain’t wearin’n it no more “, sorta stole that from a Paycheck song lol
Old 09-15-2021, 04:44 AM

Quote:

This information is very relevant to a retirement community. <sarcasm>
Old 09-15-2021, 04:52 AM

Masks are political statements, I demand this post to be shut down.
Closed Thread

Tags
universal, masking, mask, wears, parents

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.