Universal Masking for Source Control

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2021, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
That broad-brush statement has not been proven. There may be some examples where that seems to be the case but there are also some examples where death has preempted the development of natural immunity. Even when an individual survives Covid-19 it has not been proven how often, if ever, it is "better than vaccinated immunity." Studies are divided on the issue.
Oh please. Are you seeing reports in the news about rising numbers of reinfections? Or are you seeing more reports about breakthrough cases? I already know the answer. The CDC stopped counting breakthrough cases. Why you ask? They are afraid that if the numbers are reported, it may cause more resistance to getting vaxed. But the truth always comes out.

They New York Times did some research on breakthrough rates in the states that actually keep good records of this. Here is what they found:

To better understand the rates of infection in fully vaccinated people, The Times collected data from seven states—California, Colorado, Massachusetts, Oregon, Utah, Vermont, and Virginia—selected for keeping particularly detailed records. Analysis showed that in six of the states, breakthrough infections made up 18 to 28 percent of all newly diagnosed cases of COVID-19 in the past several weeks. Results also found that fully vaccinated people made up 12 to 24 percent of all COVID-related hospitalizations, and while the number of deaths was too small to be considered significant, it is likely higher than the original Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates of .5 percent.

Early Data Hints at a Rise in Breakthrough Infections - The New York Times

This Is How Common Breakthrough Infections Really Are, New Data Says

The data from Israel, whose health department is far more transparent than our own, found the following.

Israeli Researchers:
Study: Natural immunity 'stronger, longer' than vaccine immunity
New Israeli study shows recovered patients tended to have better outcomes than vaccine alone - though vaccine can enhance natural immunity.

A new Israeli study on coronavirus immunity suggests that people who were previously infected with the virus benefit from significantly stronger and longer-lasting immunity than the immunity provided by vaccination alone.

The study, a retrospective observational study conducted by Maccabi Healthcare Services, Tel Aviv University, Ashdod University Hospital, compared Israelis from three groups: people who had received vaccine and were never infected (SARS-CoV-2 naïve), people who were previously infected and did not receive the vaccine, and people who were infected with SARS-CoV-2 and then vaccinated after recovering.

Researchers found that natural immunity is stronger and longer-lasting than vaccination, but also noted that a single-dose of vaccine likely can offer additional protection from the Delta Variant to those who recovered from SARS-CoV-2.

For the study, researchers analyzed anonymized Electronic Health Records, a database which covers records for 2.5 million people in Israeli, spanning March 1st 2020 to August 14th 2021.

The study grouped the subjects into categories based on vaccination status and previous infection, correcting for demographic factors including age, sex, location of residence, as well as the timing of infection or vaccination.

In the first analysis, which only compared natural immunity to vaccinated immunity among the SARS-CoV-2 naïve, two cohorts of 16,215 people each were studied, with equal representation of age, sex, location, and time of infection or vaccination.

This model showed 256 total cases of infection, 238 were ‘breakthrough infections’ of the vaccinated and COVID naive, while 19 were reinfections among the unvaccinated, previously infected group. Adjusting for comorbidities, vaccinated COVID-naïve people had 13 times greater risk for infection than did the previously infected.

Of 199 symptomatic cases, 191 were among the vaccinated, just 8 were among the previously infected. After adjusting for comorbidities, researchers found the vaccinated were 27 times more likely to suffer a symptomatic case of the virus in comparison to the risk previously infected people had of having symptomatic reinfection case.

A total of nine hospitalizations were reported, eight of them among the vaccinated COVID-naïve group, with one among the previously infected. No deaths were reported in either cohort.

Study: Natural immunity 'stronger, longer' than vaccine immunity - Israel National News
Old 09-17-2021, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
Finally someone has actually posted the real reason people are pushing to vaccinate kids, who are in no real danger from Covid. To save themselves! They would rather have a child, with an infinitesimal chance of dying from Covid, receive a vaccine with no data on the long term side effects, just to make themselves safer! I find that thinking to be totally abhorrent.
Exactly, well said! I would like to add maybe something to think about. Early on, before the vaccine we were told herd immunity was the way out of this mess. We were also told early on herd immunity to be something around 65%-70% of the population. With roughly 180 million fully vaccinated and very roughly over 110 million with natural immunity that is roughly around 89%. Of course there as some who fall into both categories.
Old 09-17-2021, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
This may be an unpopular opinion but here goes..........

OK, children may not "need" the vaccine to protect them but those children need to be vaccinated to contribute to a much needed herd immunity. Our country will never reach herd immunity without vaccinated children. There are adults who can not be vaccinated due to medical reasons and they need the protection of herd immunity.
Don't agree. My granddaughter just came down with covid. Fully vaccinated less than 4 months ago. Lives in WA State which has in and outdoor mask mandate. She's doing fine, thanks, with sore throat and runny nose. Vaccine didn't give her protection or herd immunity. After she recovers, however, then she'll have both. Kids with compromised immunity should get the vaccine. The rest; no masks or vaccines. That's how we'll get to herd immunity.
Old 09-17-2021, 03:18 PM

Quote:
You have that incorrect. I’m fully vaccinated and will get the booster when I’m eligible. Herd immunity will not benefit me as it would for people who can not be vaccinated. Sorry if I was not more clear about that.
There can be no true herd immunity without a sterilizing vaccine. And you do not typically vaccinate the healthy portion of the population in the middle of a pandemic to achieve herd immunity. Or you can let the virus run its course unfettered with natural selection determining herd immunity.

Last edited by Escape Artist; 09-17-2021 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-17-2021, 03:27 PM

Quote:
When there are still people who feel "masks do nothing" then YES, YES, YES, YES, we need another mask thread. Masks most certainly help to mitigate the spread of this virus These kids need all the protection they can possibly get. And yet.....we have mask mandates that are prohibited in our state for school children in the classroom. That simple mitigation effort for these kids is absolutely necessary to keep them safer in the classroom.

As I have already said in my OP.......EVERYONE in the classroom must wear a mask for Universal Masking to be effective. Why is it that the people who should be up on this stuff are casting the science aside?

Universal masking is in effect for airline travel in this country. Why not protect our children in the same manner?
Universal masking means EVERYONE. Including those of us that have been vaccinated since breakthroughs are known to exist.
Old 09-17-2021, 03:28 PM

Masks are BS, stop the madness!
Old 09-17-2021, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagele View Post
Don't agree. My granddaughter just came down with covid. Fully vaccinated less than 4 months ago. Lives in WA State which has in and outdoor mask mandate. She's doing fine, thanks, with sore throat and runny nose. Vaccine didn't give her protection or herd immunity. After she recovers, however, then she'll have both. Kids with compromised immunity should get the vaccine. The rest; no masks or vaccines. That's how we'll get to herd immunity.
Thanks for sharing your family's story. I have a similar one. Two members of my family have been fully vaccinated since late March and got Covid first week in August, so about 4 months later. One just had bad cold symptoms, the other had to go into the hospital for a couple of days (had a compromised immune system).

As you wisely stated, natural immunity acquired from the virus will give you longer lasting immunity than the vaccine. I have a feeling it only lasts a couple of months at best. I'm fully vaccinated but I'm certainly not going to get mRNA boosters every few months. As you said it should only be given to those at high risk of complications because it doesn't prevent infection, you can still carry and shed it to others, and even those who have been vaccinated can still get it, so what's the point?
Old 09-17-2021, 03:33 PM

Quote:
You have that incorrect. I’m fully vaccinated and will get the booster when I’m eligible. Herd immunity will not benefit me as it would for people who can not be vaccinated. Sorry if I was not more clear about that.
I did understand your post, that this response was aimed at, to target protecting those that are unable to get the vaccination but isn’t it paradoxical to suggest that schools require masking but those that have been vaccinated are exempt from those same mandates. Breakthroughs are happening with greater frequencies so vaccinated folks are just as capable of passing on the virus to the unvaccinated as school age kids.
Old 09-17-2021, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
That broad-brush statement has not been proven. There may be some examples where that seems to be the case but there are also some examples where death has preempted the development of natural immunity. Even when an individual survives Covid-19 it has not been proven how often, if ever, it is "better than vaccinated immunity." Studies are divided on the issue.
So-called "immunity" from a vaccine, which really isn't a vaccine, is dubious. Maybe lasts 2 or 3 months? Whereas every virus we contract provides natural immunity lasting many months, if not longer. That's been proven through experiences with the flu and also the common cold, which are coronaviruses. They say you never get the same cold twice because you have immunity to it. However, there are hundreds of strains of the cold so we are bound to get one we haven't had yet. That's why as we get older, as compared to childhood, we get colds less frequently and also our immune systems are mature and stronger.

Who knows what multiple shots of mRNA will do to our immune systems? No one knows, not Fauci, not anyone. We can already see how little the "experts" know about the vaccine's long-term efficacy, let alone it's side effects.
Old 09-17-2021, 03:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C. View Post
If your eyeglasses fog up when wearing a mask, you might be eligible for condensation.
Don’t you mean reparations and eligible for handicapped sticker?
Old 09-17-2021, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,177 Times in 4,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape Artist View Post
As you wisely stated, natural immunity acquired from the virus will give you longer lasting immunity than the vaccine. I have a feeling it only lasts a couple of months at best.
I had Covid at the end of February 2020.

I had a recent blood test (last month) and was tested for natural antibodies. Still present and accounted for...

Thats 18 months and counting...

-Tom Petty

Last edited by JMintzer; 09-17-2021 at 06:59 PM.
Old 09-17-2021, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
I had Coved at the end of February 2020.

I had a recent blood test (last month) and was tested for natural antibodies. Still present and accounted for...

Thats 18 months and counting...
Yep, Israel data showed the same lasting durability.
Old 09-17-2021, 04:17 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Those who can’t be vaccinated make up less than 1% of the US population (excluding children). You want to vaccinate 48 million children with a vaccine whose long term effects are unknown, in order to protect less than 1% of the population?!?
Old 09-30-2021, 12:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,642 Times in 1,513 Posts

Quote:
So, let me see if I understand this correctly. You get vaccinated and you still have a higher probability of being infected and even dying than an un-vaccinated child, yet they must wear a mask and you do not feel the need to wear a mask.

There is almost the same chance of a child being adversely affected by the vaccine as them becoming infected. But, I guarantee that the feds will mandate vaccinations for the children before long.
Old 09-30-2021, 05:37 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,221 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by heims01 View Post
How about common sense for a change! If you think it's harmful to wear a mask then keep the kids home. This argument about masks is just nuts. Last years cold and flew season was a non event. Doesn't that tell you masks do some good? The Delta version was not around last year. It's something of a new ball game for those who would talk about last school year.
The real reason the flu season was a non event last year was because of kids being at home and not in school rooms, many people quarantined at home, stores and restaurants closed or take out only, and many people laid off from work staying at home.
Closed Thread

Tags
universal, masking, mask, wears, parents

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.