Miona Lake Golf Course Closed

Closed Thread
Old 07-10-2019, 03:44 PM
Default Miona Lake Golf Course Closed

Out for a drive today and decided to swing through the housing development on the Miona Lake Golf Course. I knew the course was for sale, but to my surprise, the course looked as if it has been abandoned for several years.

Checking around the internet, there were reviews as recent as 2 months ago saying the conditions were bad. A person last week noted that there is a sign on the door that stated they would be back in August, but that definitely won't be the case.

Amazing how fast mother nature can take over a course like it has.

Last edited by thomp679; 07-10-2019 at 07:43 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:31 PM

It’s Miona Lake
Old 07-10-2019, 05:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Played it one time 2 years ago; a goat pasture is the best way to describe it.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:01 PM
Default Zillow has the sale pending for $2.5 million

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5...94159756_zpid/

It does border The Villages. It will be interesting to see who the buyer is.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I played it once about six years ago in the winter for $22, I thought this is great. When I was finished, I felt like they should of paid me. The driving range only went to 165 yards. When the starter said, you're up, I said who are those people in the middle of my fairway coming this way. He said, oh they're on the ninth hole. The first and ninth are both doglegs and the two holes together would of made one decent fairway. There is a par 3 that actually crosses over the entrance road, so you have to have someone watch and make sure a car is not coming. What they have is an 18 hole course built on land that maybe a 12 hole course should of been built. One good thing for TV, there is one fairway that has, I believe it's Pennecamp, villas running down the side of the fairway and it's not setback but right up on the course. I thought that was interesting.

The strangest thing about my round, was I was paired with a couple who were living in an RV on a campground on 44. They asked how nice TV courses were since they couldn't to play them. I then began wondering, why am I playing this place. The man kept making phone calls, he had bought 3 pairs of new shorts at Belks and he said they were too long and he had a seamstress in Wildwood shortening his pants. I've been to Belks, if anything, the mens shorts they sell are mostly from the 80's.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default A golf course near The Villages is finally closed after years of going downhill.

The title of another thread may make some think it is part of The Villages, since the course is called

Miona Lake Golf Course.

It isn't part of The Villages.

miona lake golf course - Bing
Old 07-11-2019, 04:12 PM

It's in contract now, 1 local resident and 1 villager are buying it should close in the next few months!! We met one of the buyers and he is very excited about fixing up the course and really making it nice they expect to reopen the course this fall!! We are so happy to see the course is not being developed by a builder and turning it into more housing.
Closed Thread

Tags
lake, golf, miona, person, bad

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.