The use of language in today's world.

Closed Thread
Old 08-14-2020, 09:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
An aerospace executive I know sells to the Saudis and other Arab countries, dealing with top echelon males. He has told me what alcoholic beverages they enjoy the most when they get an unobserved chance to imbibe. Scotch seems to be a favorite. They carry bottles in briefcases into their hotel suites.
I think some of you confuse the word "Muslim" with "Islam." And many of you don't realize there are different sects of Muslims, just as there are different sects of Jews and Christians. Each sect has its own rules, and its own interpretation of its broader religion's rules.

There are some Muslim sects that are permitted to drink alcohol. It's not common among Muslim sects, but just like with Kosher law - different sects interpret the laws differently.
Old 08-15-2020, 02:59 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I think some of you confuse the word "Muslim" with "Islam." And many of you don't realize there are different sects of Muslims, just as there are different sects of Jews and Christians. Each sect has its own rules, and its own interpretation of its broader religion's rules.

There are some Muslim sects that are permitted to drink alcohol. It's not common among Muslim sects, but just like with Kosher law - different sects interpret the laws differently.
Not in Saudi Arabia.
Old 08-15-2020, 03:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFER54 View Post
Gravy or Sauce ? In my Sicilian home, from Long Island, we said that sauce was put on pasta and gravy was put on mash potatoes, in pot roast, on turkey and used in many other recipes. But I have heard that gravy was referred to sauce on pasta also.

I've heard that too...my Italian in-laws never called red sauce 'gravy'...but ran into a few FBI's that did

guess it all depends upon which part of Italy one's family came from
Closed Thread

Tags
boomer, things, call, villages, pop

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.