USPS "Informed Delivery"

Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2017, 10:59 PM
Default Less Trips

I have been receiving the emails for a couple of weeks. It really takes the mystery out of running to get the mail. Several times since we have just let it ride until something worthwhile comes along.

A very good system but I would think once they get people hooked there will be a charge.

Quest to play every golf hole in TV is 91 % complete
Old 06-28-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Well, I just signed up. I hope it works, because it will save me a lot of wasted trips to the mailbox to pick up junk mail. I would rather just opt out of USPS mail altogether, but the government won't allow that.
You can, Just don't pick up your mail.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:07 PM

USPS.....this is a great idea.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:06 PM
Gold member

Another day, more letters, but no notification.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,707 Times in 5,240 Posts

Does the mail need to have your name on it to be scanned?
Old 06-29-2017, 06:50 AM
Default Answers to these questions

Informed Delivery<sup>(R)</sup> - FAQ
Old 06-29-2017, 06:33 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
Another day, more letters, but no notification.
Started working today. Must take a few days to get set up. I'm going to like this.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:52 PM
Veteran member

I got my first notice today! Whoopee. This is great. I don't need to make senseless trips to pick up junk mail. Thank you so very much.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
Started working today. Must take a few days to get set up. I'm going to like this.
It took several days before I received my first email. Hopefully the timing of the email will be improved.....got the email at 10 PM showing me the mail I already had picked up earlier in the day.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoSteveO View Post
Thanks for the FAQ link and to the OP for starting this interesting discussion. Does anyone know if you get email notification when you have your mail on hold while traveling? I ask this because in the FAQ link it mentions "notifications are only sent on days when mail is being processed and delivered to the home". Sounds like a great service for snowflakes/snowbirds who want to keep track of their mail back home while in TV.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Thanks for the FAQ link and to the OP for starting this interesting discussion. Does anyone know if you get email notification when you have your mail on hold while traveling? I ask this because in the FAQ link it mentions "notifications are only sent on days when mail is being processed and delivered to the home". Sounds like a great service for snowflakes/snowbirds who want to keep track of their mail back home while in TV.
Yes, I received the emails even when my mail was on hold.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Guy View Post
Yes, I received the emails even when my mail was on hold.
That's good to know. Sounds like a very useful service. Looks like I'll be signing on.......thanks!
Old 10-05-2017, 01:12 PM

Uh-oh. If it sounds too good to be true... Read the attached article. Sounds like we all need to sign up for Informed Delivery merely to get there ahead of the thief who wants to sign up "for" us.

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2017/10/...talkers-dream/
Old 10-05-2017, 02:17 PM
Gold member
Default You may want to check

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
How about FedEx or ups? It seems ridiculous that the Federal Government, via USPS, delivers billions of pieces of junk mail to millions of people, and also uses the same system to deliver official legal documents to people who are required to acknowledge receipt for them. If the IRS or a court sends you a letter through the USPS, then you have been legally notified of the content of that letter. My point is that, I should be able to opt out of USPS, so that anyone who sends me an official document would be notified that they need to deliver the document to me by another method. If I could opt out, then I wouldn't ever need to go to the mailbox and they could remove the mailbox. Have you ever wondered why you don't get junk mail from FedEx or ups? It is because your tax dollars are effectively paying for the delivery of the junk mail. So, you as a taxpayer, have to pay for the delivery of junk mail, and you have go to the mailbox and remove the junk mail, while you check to see if someone has decided to send an official document or notification to you that a court will consider legal notification.
re: Official document and you being responsible for knowing what is in it. I believe that is true if it is sent registered return receipt. The post office needs to attempt delivery three times. At that point, you are responsible for having received the letter.

PRIORITY MAIL- is a great option.
You can track the progress. Delivery is 2-3 days. By the way. you mention Fedex. I read somewhere that Priority mail is mostly carried by Fedex. Not sure if the delivery has legal standing.

As we've all experienced. There are many jokes on the experience. THE CHECK IS IN THE MAIL. More than once I've said it is simply amazing how checks get lost but bills always arrive
Old 10-05-2017, 02:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Do I understand correctly that the same unwanted mail will still be in the mailbox whenever one goes to retrieve the wanted mail?
Closed Thread

Tags
usps, informed, delivery, june, interested

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.