Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Vaccine Good News (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/vaccine-good-news-316321/)

raynan 02-14-2021 04:56 PM

I just received my code for Saferestart (GMR). I went on that list on 1/12 at 11AM so that will give some an idea of how long before they are called. I had my first shot last week at Lake County and there is no way to cancel this GMR reservation.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 02-14-2021 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobdeb (Post 1902135)
Sister and brother in law live in Massachusetts and have both received their vaccinations.

I'm still waiting in Sumter County.

Curious as to what percentage of the 60% are choosing not to be vaccinated? I personally know of two who won't.

I would guess that just like any other vaccine those that chose not to take it will be a very small minority. Once everyone in this state is vaccinated there will be no need to wear masks and social distance. As for those that refuse it, at that point they are only a danger to themselves.

While people in Massachusetts certainly have been vaccinated the number is low compared to Florida. You might as well say that other people in Florida have received both their shots but you haven't. What's your point? As I stated, people over the age of 65 have between a one out of six and one out of ten chance of getting the vaccine depending on how many doses are sent by the federal government.

Florida is doing a better job of getting those vaccines in the arms of people than any other state.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 02-14-2021 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 44Apple (Post 1902196)
Don't know about the OP's claims.

As of Friday, percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: Florida 68.49%, NY 68.19, NJ 67.6, CA 65.6, MA 64. Lowest Kansas at 59%, highest Utah 88%. Is Florida really that great?

My statement is that Florida has injected the most people per capita than any other state. That's different from the highest percentage of vaccines received that have been administered.

I have to question these numbers as well. With so many people trying to get the vaccine it's difficult for me to believe that every dose sent here hasn't been administered, other than the fact that they may be saving doses for second doses. When I got my first shot, I got an appointment for my second shot. I guess that it's possible that they are holding those second doses until the date of the second appointment. That would explain the numbers in the 60th percentile.

It's possible that Utah has administered 88% of the doses received while only hoping that the second dose will be there when it's time.

villageuser 02-15-2021 06:01 AM

Not sure from where you got your data. This is as of Feb 12: States ranked by percentage of COVID-19 vaccines administered: Feb. 12
Florida was #24

jaxrines 02-15-2021 06:25 AM

It appears that only about 23% of seniors have been vaccinated thus far. 1,044,00 shots for 4,500,000 senior in Florida.

MickeyStevens 02-15-2021 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobdeb (Post 1902135)
Sister and brother in law live in Massachusetts and have both received their vaccinations.

I'm still waiting in Sumter County.

Curious as to what percentage of the 60% are choosing not to be vaccinated? I personally know of two who won't.

I have a friend in Massachusetts he and his wife are just under 75, she has pre-existing conditions and they are not even close to being on a list to be vaccinated.

Skunky1 02-15-2021 06:48 AM

Oh thank you I feel so much better now

Psacc0 02-15-2021 07:37 AM

Thanks for getting the vaccine.

For all the difficulties getting registered, waiting in lines, etc. thanks to all those who got the shot! The more who get it, the better! Waiting my turn.:icon_wink:

Beyond The Wall 02-15-2021 07:48 AM

The process here in Florida is not seamless but if persistent , you will get an appointment and the shots. NY is a typical mess.

Beyond The Wall 02-15-2021 07:50 AM

Per capita, it is the highest in the nation

cafw1 02-15-2021 08:00 AM

Do you actually believe the statistics that Desantis or any other governor gives out. I feel that they could be factual but politicians have been known to lie.

Bob.Betty 02-15-2021 08:08 AM

My wife and I will not get the shot

noslices1 02-15-2021 08:21 AM

Don’t say much

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowtorc (Post 1902099)
Can't say much for Sumter county doing it's part

Then maybe you shouldn’t.

noslices1 02-15-2021 08:23 AM

No shot?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob.Betty (Post 1902385)
My wife and I will not get the shot

You would rather get and spread Covid? Very intelligent, NOT!

Bill14564 02-15-2021 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyond The Wall (Post 1902366)
The process here in Florida is not seamless but if persistent , you will get an appointment and the shots. NY is a typical mess.

Interesting data point: A relative in NY was able to make online appointments for two individuals under 65 who had underlying conditions. From everything I've seen on this site, that cannot be done here in Florida.

Florida seems to be doing very well distributing the vaccines they are receiving. However, it would be nice if there was a way to accommodate those with underlying conditions. (and if I've missed something, please let me know)