Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Vaccine Good News (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/vaccine-good-news-316321/)

AlFricchione 02-15-2021 07:35 PM

Well my wife and I have tried every website and registered too but nothing is happening here in Sumpter for us. Everything is full. Still waiting but frustrated that I hear some have finished their second shot!!

jimjamuser 02-15-2021 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donbettyr (Post 1902454)
Family in Virginia, Washington,DC, and Tennessee have all been vaccinated, with none over 65, while we wait here in Sumter County

That is not so wonderful, unless they all work in hospitals.

Bowtorc 02-15-2021 08:03 PM

YOU are the only one

Quote:

Originally Posted by shut the front door (Post 1902109)
Sorry to interrupt the pity party, but you couldn't be more wrong. Sumter county has continuously led the state in percentage of citizens who have been vaccinated.

That is really strange . everyone I have talked to have gone to other counties. Ask the general population in the villages

Spsmith444 02-15-2021 09:01 PM

I got a call today to schedule my 1st shot but by the time she finished with her questions all the slots filled up. I asked when they might contact me again to schedule and she had no idea. She apologized and hung up. Rats! I am ready. Hopefully they will contact me again soon. Anyone else been through this?

MarieFricchione 02-16-2021 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bjeanj (Post 1902066)
It’s good to get perspective on this. We got our second Moderna shot last Wednesday and consider us lucky. Our granddaughter is getting married in March, and I wanted to attend. Now I will, and also be able to visit with others. Will still wear a mask, but level of anxiety will be so much lower.

How did you get your shots so quickly? I’m trying and getting nowhere fast?
Thanks
Marie Fricchione

MarieFricchione 02-16-2021 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shut the front door (Post 1902109)
Sorry to interrupt the pity party, but you couldn't be more wrong. Sumter county has continuously led the state in percentage of citizens who have been vaccinated.

How do I get one then?

coffeebean 02-16-2021 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlFricchione (Post 1902709)
Well my wife and I have tried every website and registered too but nothing is happening here in Sumpter for us. Everything is full. Still waiting but frustrated that I hear some have finished their second shot!!

I have had two calls from the Florida state website but my iPhone silences the calls because it does not recognize the number. When I registered with this site, I gave my email address and my cell phone number to be used for texting, not a phone call.

I called the number back to let them know I have been fully vaccinated but was not able to speak to anyone. The message said their appointments were filled. Thank you for calling. Then I'm disconnected. I've tried twice to contact them. Will keep trying to let them know they can take me off their list..

Bill14564 02-16-2021 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarieFricchione (Post 1903093)
How do I get one then?

Keep trying.

60,000+ people who want the vaccine. 3,000 or so every week. Gonna take some weeks to satisfy the 60,000+

If anyone finds a shortcut, I'm interested. My wife and I are under 65 and she is quite concerned. I'll get one eventually but I'd really like to get one for her soonest. But it looks like I'll have to be more patient than the rest of you.

bjp1673 02-16-2021 11:11 PM

Publix’s has cancelled upcoming appointments

Publix’s has announced cancellation of upcoming appointments because of inability to get vaccines due to weather.