Vaccine and masks?

Closed Thread
Old 11-10-2020, 11:08 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Only so many ways to say yes or no. And all have been said on here 100 times,,,,
The poster was asking will you wear a mask after receiving the vaccine. This was talked about 100 times?
Old 11-10-2020, 11:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Once vaccinated, I will NOT wear a mask again. After all, according to the mask moderators on here, the mask is only to protect them. Since I will not be threatening anymore, they will have no reason to demand that I wear a mask. As a matter of fact, I forgot to put my mask back on when I entered Publix a while back and no one even mentioned it to me. I suddenly realized that I did not have it on and reached into my pocket and put it on. I mentioned it to one employee that was watching me, and asked why they did not say anything to me. The employee said that they were instructed NOT to mention it and that they could not enforce mask wearing. After reading a lot of these forum threads on masks and the virus, I am no longer wearing my mask as much. As a matter of fact, I do not wear a mask in any restaurant and will not wear a mask unless the business I wish to enter posts a sign.
Don't get me wrong, I do not disparage anyone that wishes to protect themselves (or others) and wishes to wear a mask. And I do make it a habit to distance myself from others, wearing or not wearing a mask. I am just not going to allow hysteria and paralyzing fear to ruin my lifestyle.
I understand that there is a better than 90% success rate for the vaccine. Kudos for this administration and their fast pacing the vaccine creation. I am amazed at the fast response I have observed from our leaders in their effort to restore a depleted PPE stockpile and the corporations that were recruited to mass produce all these protective items that have been needed to combat the pandemic.
SO, the answer to the question is: Once the vaccine is available, I will NOT wear a mask. And I won't be wearing one during flu season either. Just the same, stay your distance from me.
Old 11-10-2020, 12:13 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Bloomberg

"The truth is that Pfizer didn’t receive any funding from Operation Warp Speed for the development, clinical trial and manufacturing of the vaccine. Rather, its partner, BioNTech SE, has received money -- from the German government."
Old 11-10-2020, 12:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
Bloomberg

"The truth is that Pfizer didn’t receive any funding from Operation Warp Speed for the development, clinical trial and manufacturing of the vaccine. Rather, its partner, BioNTech SE, has received money -- from the German government."
And you do not believe that Pfizer was motivated by the competition created by Op Warp Spd?
Old 11-10-2020, 12:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Good luck with that. Why don't you just try to get into a hospital that has some Covid patients, or find someone that is infected and see if you can catch it.
Interesting unkind post, to someone who may or may not have your views, to expose themselves.

So I was exposed for 5 months 50 plus hours a week. Don’t know if I ever contracted Covid, because unless you had symptoms, you were not tested.

So I took your possible deadly challenge for some, months ago, no idea if I did or didn’t become infected. So your theory doesn’t hold much promise.
Old 11-10-2020, 02:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
I don't recall any discussions about wearing a mask AFTER the vaccine is available. Just curious as to whether or not folks will still believe that a mask mandate should be enforced. Not to get into a political discussion, the new reign seems to believe in a mask mandate and I was wondering if anyone thinks it is necessary if a vaccine is available.
A mask mandate will be necessary until it has been determined that enough people have been vaccinated to achieve herd immunity. Until then, anyone who has not been vaccinated should wear a mask. I wonder if we will have to carry a card verifying the vaccination so it can be produced when ever necessary. I surely hope my mask wearing days will be over once I'm vaccinated.
Old 11-10-2020, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Until then, anyone who has not been vaccinated should wear a mask. I wonder if we will have to carry a card verifying the vaccination so it can be produced when ever necessary.
. . . . . . We are almost getting there....
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	86905  
Old 11-10-2020, 03:29 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going My Way View Post
. . . . . . We are almost getting there....
I would like this but can't because it's seems that's the way we are headed
Old 11-10-2020, 03:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
And you do not believe that Pfizer was motivated by the competition created by Op Warp Spd?
I do not believe Pfizer was motivated by Op Warp Spd. They were motivated to be first to market solving a problem which will make them boat loads of money without someone telling them how, when, how much they have to do with their own product. Why not participate in Op Warp Spd you ask. The short answer - So they can hold sole proprietary rights to a new product like they did for years with Lipitor.

As for will I wear a mask after the vaccine - I will do what Fauci recommends.

Last edited by rustyp; 11-10-2020 at 03:38 PM.
Old 11-10-2020, 03:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
The poster was asking will you wear a mask after receiving the vaccine. This was talked about 100 times?
Very true. We really have not had much discussion at all about who will or who will not take the vaccine. Can't wait for those discussions!
Old 11-10-2020, 03:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
The announcement of a vaccine does not stop the virus. The virus will also not be stopped the day the first vaccinations are given. The virus will only be stopped once a sufficient number of people have developed immunity either through exposure or vaccination.

Given that, I would choose to wear a mask for several months while vaccinations take place. Once several (three, six, nine?) months have passed and the US has had time to develop immunity I will begin to avoid businesses who continue to mandate masks.

Personally, I will never accept wearing masks as a new normal. Masks are only a temporary measure to get us to a vaccine.
I'm a huge proponent of wearing masks PROPERLY indoors but I certainly do agree with you. I do not want masks to be a new normal for Americans going forward.
Old 11-10-2020, 04:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,045 Times in 5,336 Posts

How long after you get the second dose does the vaccine take full effect?

On that date we burn our masks.
Old 11-10-2020, 05:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,511 Times in 3,104 Posts

I will probably continue wearing a mask in stores where social distancing is mostly impractical, if not impossible. I'll also carry a mask with me, in case I'm in a "close quarters" situation outside (such as an outdoor concert). But I'll be grateful to not wear, or feel any need to wear, a mask in some fairly open situation indoors (like the AT&T store - not likely to see a crowd of people there).

I'll definitely continue wearing a mask into any establishment that posts mask-wearing as a requirement. I will offer that amount of respect to the proprietor and its employees, if I have need to visit the establishment. Your place, your rules.

I'll probably continue this for 6 months to a year after I receive my second vaccine, or until Dr. Fauci and his entire crew agree that the virus is finally under control and it's safe for masks to become totally optional - instead of heavily encouraged.

I will NOT visit any establishment that -forbids- the use of masks, however.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Remember the main objective of wearing the mask is to protect other people from you.

I would think when the vaccine becomes available there will be new "recommendations" regarding when to mask/unmask.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Remember the main objective of wearing the mask is to protect other people from you.

I would think when the vaccine becomes available there will be new "recommendations" regarding when to mask/unmask.
Latest data shows wearing a mask provides some risk reduction for the wearer. CDC is now recommending for personal protection.

Scientific Brief: Community Use of Cloth Masks to Control the Spread of SARS-CoV-2 | CDC

Vaccines will not be 100% effective so probably good to continue wearing until infection rates are low.

Pfizer vaccine is no silver bullet - Axios

Last edited by Altavia; 11-10-2020 at 09:27 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
masks, vaccine, wear, adamant, opinions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.