Vaccine site on CR466 has been dismantled

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2021, 08:28 AM

There's an article in The *************.com today about GBR dismantling their site and skipping town with the remaining vaccine doses and "sensitive" patient/medical information. This is really concerning if it's true. When I registered with them for a vaccine, their system didn't ask for my SSN, but did ask for DOB, Medicare #, address, email, phone #, so they do have some info on me. I waited to register until after several sources insisted that this company was legit, including the Sumter Co Sheriff's office. Hopefully, this isn't another scam.
Old 01-19-2021, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
There are vaccine shortages everywhere and the gov has nothing to do with it.
That conclusion is based on what?

(I do not know if the statement is true or not.....but there must be a basis for the statement.....right?).
Old 01-19-2021, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimgarwel12@gmail.com View Post
There's an article in The *************.com today about GBR dismantling their site and skipping town with the remaining vaccine doses and "sensitive" patient/medical information. This is really concerning if it's true. When I registered with them for a vaccine, their system didn't ask for my SSN, but did ask for DOB, Medicare #, address, email, phone #, so they do have some info on me. I waited to register until after several sources insisted that this company was legit, including the Sumter Co Sheriff's office. Hopefully, this isn't another scam.
The source quoted warrants a credibility check!
Old 01-19-2021, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunky1 View Post
Just enough vaccine for a DeSantis show! The cameras are gone so is the vaccine.
This is no ones fault but the suppliers of the vaccine. My family comes from NH and Maine. They are having the same problems there. Not enough vaccine. Do you really think the States or anyone else right now are happy with the amount they are receiving. I doubt it. So stop blaming people who have no control over the supply they are receiving. I am sure they would love to have enough to vaccinate everyone tomorrow.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
My sister had an appointment this morning for her first vaccine shot. Just to see what was going on, she drove past the drive up site. The tents are gone!
Dismantled? You've been reading the reports on that other web site and letting them get to you. When they announced the suspension of vaccinations because of a shortage, they indicated that they were moving everything into storage pods.

No sense hiring security guards to monitor that large space 24/7 when you can easily take it down, store it and then put it back up when ready to go again. After all, I seem to remember this all went up very, very quickly.

To quote one of my favorite readers here "breathe".
Old 01-19-2021, 09:15 AM

That's being quite optimistic.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:35 AM

[/QUOTE]When they announced the suspension of vaccinations because of a shortage, they indicated that they were moving everything into storage pods.[/QUOTE]

Really? Don't remember that one.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,038 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown132 View Post
This is no ones fault but the suppliers of the vaccine. My family comes from NH and Maine. They are having the same problems there. Not enough vaccine. Do you really think the States or anyone else right now are happy with the amount they are receiving. I doubt it. So stop blaming people who have no control over the supply they are receiving. I am sure they would love to have enough to vaccinate everyone tomorrow.
If so why can noone let us know when vaccinations will restart or at least some idea what is going on?
Old 01-19-2021, 09:46 AM
Gold member

It's probably why this is so screwed up.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post

When they announced the suspension of vaccinations because of a shortage, they indicated that they were moving everything into storage pods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Apple View Post

Really? Don't remember that one.
I'll second that. I just checked all the announcements I could find but didn't see anything about pods.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 01-19-2021, 10:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down May have been lucky

We just may have been lucky. How many have read of the serious reactions to the Moderna
Vaccine in California and that they suspended it until they establish the cause and effect? With this in mind and the fact that CMR would not state the reason for suspending the Villages vaccine I feel we may have been lucky in not getting it yet? We can't trust the Government to give us the facts since they have historically been misleading. Staying home and wearing masks now sounds great!!! Please don't tell me it was a "unique batch problem in California" as who knows the truth. We were told there was enough vaccine to take care
of the ones who were scheduled and then all of a sudden it all disappeared? If you believe
the crap the government is feeding us then I have a great bridge for sale in Brooklyn cheap.
Old 01-19-2021, 10:31 AM

I really do hate to be a Debbie Downer, but has anyone been able to find out where else Global Medical Response is giving vaccines? On their website, the only one they speak about is the one in Sumter. I don't see any other vaccine centers listed, or any "news" about any other site. How many people did they "vaccinate" here, and can we be sure that these people actually got a real dose of real vaccine? This whole situation from having to give Social Security Numbers to them packing up after a few days seems very sketchy to me. Again, sorry for being an alarmist, and I hope I'm wrong.
Old 01-19-2021, 11:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,778 Times in 1,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
We just may have been lucky. How many have read of the serious reactions to the Moderna
Vaccine in California and that they suspended it until they establish the cause and effect? With this in mind and the fact that CMR would not state the reason for suspending the Villages vaccine I feel we may have been lucky in not getting it yet? We can't trust the Government to give us the facts since they have historically been misleading. Staying home and wearing masks now sounds great!!! Please don't tell me it was a "unique batch problem in California" as who knows the truth. We were told there was enough vaccine to take care
of the ones who were scheduled and then all of a sudden it all disappeared? If you believe
the crap the government is feeding us then I have a great bridge for sale in Brooklyn cheap.
Limited to one Moderna batch pulled globally in an abundance of caution after 10 allergic reactions at one site. Root cause in investigation.

California urges providers to halt use of batch of Moderna vaccines
Old 01-19-2021, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
If so why can noone let us know when vaccinations will restart or at least some idea what is going on?

How can you disseminate information you don't have? Or know? That's just common sense. What is the problem with people who say they are desperate. Desperate for what? Why did everyone think 2021 was going to be a whole new world. What would change for folk if they had received both shots Right Now? Nothing really. Still would be wearing masks. Still would be social distancing. Still would be avoiding large gatherings indoors. As long as there are people who haven't been vacinated Nothing changes. My husband and I are in the group of 7,500 people who are waiting for their first appointment. So what. We will continue to be super cautious as Covid would probably be a death sentence for him if he caught it. Just be grateful you don't have Covid and we all can see a dim light at the end of the pandemic tunnel.
Old 01-19-2021, 11:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,038 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by talleyjm View Post
How can you disseminate information you don't have? Or know? That's just common sense. What is the problem with people who say they are desperate. Desperate for what? Why did everyone think 2021 was going to be a whole new world. What would change for folk if they had received both shots Right Now? Nothing really. Still would be wearing masks. Still would be social distancing. Still would be avoiding large gatherings indoors. As long as there are people who haven't been vacinated Nothing changes. My husband and I are in the group of 7,500 people who are waiting for their first appointment. So what. We will continue to be super cautious as Covid would probably be a death sentence for him if he caught it. Just be grateful you don't have Covid and we all can see a dim light at the end of the pandemic tunnel.
I find it hard to believe that nobody in govt has any idea when there will be more doses available. And why would you not want to know what is going on?
Closed Thread

Tags
vaccine, site, tents, drive, drove

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.