Vaping. Is it considered smoking?

Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2015, 07:04 PM
Platinum member

WhO knows what is in those e cigarettes.
I think they should be banned just like cigarettes.
Old 07-16-2015, 02:57 PM
Veteran member

The reason Governments are trying to ban e-cigarettes is that they don't tax them.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:18 PM
Gold member

If you are going to give up smoking (and you should the evidence is clear) just do it. Vaping is not a good idea.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Most establishments that post signs, usually have signs that read 'no smoking allowed' or 'no smoking'. I don't remember too many going into detail, such as no smoking pipes, no smoking cigars, no smoking cigarettes, no smokng e-cigarettes. I think a sign that reads no smoking is pretty clear when it comes to these products.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Old 07-16-2015, 03:48 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian View Post
The reason Governments are trying to ban e-cigarettes is that they don't tax them.
Then how do you explain the prohibitions on regular cigarettes?
Suffering from TV envy
Old 07-16-2015, 11:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcxr750 View Post
TSA doesn't want lithium-ion batteries in cargo because they may explode? So they are carried in the passenger compartment?
Laptops and cell phones can explode and cause fires also. It's rare but it can and does happen, just like an e-cig battery.

Laptop Battery Explosion
Old 07-17-2015, 04:49 AM
Email Reported As Spam

It may be an optical illusion but it appears people are severely critical of cigarette/cigar/pipe/ e-vape but seem to believe that recreational marijuana is a non-issue when the latter has more critical social/health issues than the former. I never did drugs and it took me a long time to figure out a person I know was smoking marijuana and I can tell you that I'd rather have a e-gig blown in my face than the awful odor emitted from marijuana
Old 07-17-2015, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

http://www.no-smoke.org/pdf/ecigslaws.pdf

Here is a list of places which partially or totally ban e-cig use. However how individual businesses interpret a no-smoking ban may go beyond these specific regulations. It would seem however that if the legislators felt a need to add e-cigs to the existing anti-tobacco regulations there is an implied belief that anti-smoking rules did not automatically include anti-e-cig coverage. In the list you will see that Marion county Florida bans e-cig use in places where smoking is prohibited.

County passes restrictions on e-cigarettes | Ocala.com

It is a tricky and interesting question whether the reasons for the anti-smoking bans should apply to vaping. There are no documented second hand inhalation issues, there is no actual smoke. There is a visual simulation of cigarette smoking, there may or may not be long term health issues for the user in nicotine addiction. But we don't ban use of other nicotine delivery systems, gum or patch, in public spaces. And we don't ban the use or carrying of steamy odor producing products, cup of coffee.

So can a restaurant tell a diner not to vape? Being a private business it may regulate the behavior of customers in any way it chooses and does not need a law to permit such regulation. You must wear a suit, no outside food or drinks, no shirt no service, are all examples of rules the restaurant makes up and enforces.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
http://www.no-smoke.org/pdf/ecigslaws.pdf

Here is a list of places which partially or totally ban e-cig use. However how individual businesses interpret a no-smoking ban may go beyond these specific regulations. It would seem however that if the legislators felt a need to add e-cigs to the existing anti-tobacco regulations there is an implied belief that anti-smoking rules did not automatically include anti-e-cig coverage. In the list you will see that Marion county Florida bans e-cig use in places where smoking is prohibited.

County passes restrictions on e-cigarettes | Ocala.com

It is a tricky and interesting question whether the reasons for the anti-smoking bans should apply to vaping. There are no documented second hand inhalation issues, there is no actual smoke. There is a visual simulation of cigarette smoking, there may or may not be long term health issues for the user in nicotine addiction. But we don't ban use of other nicotine delivery systems, gum or patch, in public spaces. And we don't ban the use or carrying of steamy odor producing products, cup of coffee.

So can a restaurant tell a diner not to vape? Being a private business it may regulate the behavior of customers in any way it chooses and does not need a law to permit such regulation. You must wear a suit, no outside food or drinks, no shirt no service, are all examples of rules the restaurant makes up and enforces.

I thought everyone must be treated equally. So if you are purple or unhappy or very skinny or smell funny or are almost naked or have a shirt with obscenities or are carrying a snake......................or have a holster..........sit right down. Some of those things are fine with me and some aren't. But we can't address everyone's dislike or issue with laws. And personally, up until now, I can't think of any reason a business can't make rules about who they serve. I hope there won't soon be a sign that says "We don't serve wrinkled old Catholic ladies who take too long studying the menu".

Last edited by graciegirl; 07-17-2015 at 09:40 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
individuals, smoking, finally, management, ensued, stopping, sucking, nasty, cigarettes, discussions, eating, considered, establishments, vaping, week, devices

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.