Any TVers from Missouri?

Closed Thread
Old 12-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach
Default Any TVers from Missouri?

What are your experiences? I was raised in small town about 40 miles from Kansas City. Lived in N.D., Minn., Ks, Ia., moved back to Northwest Mo. in 2003 and live in a lake community, Lake Viking, near Cameron, MO. I am semi-retired and my wife and I are thinking we would like to explore life in TV. It would prolly be at least a year and a half before we would move, which gives us some time to visit and feel out the lifestyle. Our kids and grandkids are all in the K.C. area, and we would enjoy spending part of the year with them.

In reading TOV it appears most are very happy. I have watched the DVD, and looked at real estate online, and seems I could buy a nice home in my price range (about 200K). Would be glad to hear from any midwesterner, but am particularly interested in opinions of those from Mo. BTW I am a HUGE Mizzou fan:-) Our avitar picture was taken in the Mizzou Alumni Association suite at Faurot Field.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:49 PM

My Husband and I are both born and raised in the St. Louis area When we retired in 1993 we moved to our lake house in Cuba, MO. for 15 years. We moved here in 2008. I think the vllage livestyle is what you choose to make it. We do not golf, but have found other activities such as bocce, shuffleboard and square dancing to occupy our time. Ny husband also plays some pickleball.As with any community it has its good and so-so sides. YOu just need to talk to alot of people and get as many opinions as you can to make the right decision.
Wish you well.
emann
Old 12-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Platinum member

eweissenbach:

I grew up in the Boston area, but moved to St. Louis in '58, 'cause my bride was already working there and I had no reason not to.

Lived in the same St. Louis (Central West End) house for nearly 43 years, including several after my wife passed away.

My friends there thought (no, they knew) that I'd lost my mind when I announced that I was moving to Florida! For many of them, that meant an unaffordable 7th-floor, one-bedroom, dumpster-view condo in a 40-story building on a grogeous but crowded beach, for too much money.

That I bought my lot here in TV the same week that Hurricane Frances swept through confirmed their opinion of my state of mind!

Guess who now wonders if my "bed & breakfast" has room on such-and-such dates!

I've made more friends here than I ever had "up north." Among my many social activities is a mostly-monthly get-together with the St. Louis Club. The membership roster is, I think, more than 300, and 100 may be a small attendance at parties.

As you are sure to acknowledge, there's a world of difference between us eastern Missourians and you westerners! How to pronounce Missouri being a key indicator, I guess. The same differences seem to surface between various other mid-west regions - Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, etc. But, when people get here, those disappear and become positives of your past!

Whatever, you really, really should take a week sometime and do a Lifestyle Preview Visit here. You'll not want to go home, again!

SWR
Old 12-20-2009, 11:42 AM

We split our time between St.Charles and Lake of the Ozarks. For the last eight years we have spent Jan-Feb in TV and love it. We rent when in TV, and really don't have plans to move there (now) but that could change. I have to admit, we look forward to our two months there and will be leaving here in 10 days. Can't wait.
South Amboy, NJ
St. Louis, MO
St. Charles, MO
Lake of the Ozarks, MO

"What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about"?
Old 12-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Sage

My brother has his house in Platte City on the market. He now lives in the historic side of TV. He doesn't do TOTV (yet).

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.