Verizon Cellphone Voicemail Glitch.....WOW..and beware.....!

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2022, 06:44 AM

more is coming.. just you wait .. C y b e r w a r f a r e .. back up today
Old 04-16-2022, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeloInspections View Post
Hello all. As a businessman, I have always prided myself on returning voicemails the same day. Today to my surprise I found out that I have 25 unheard voicemails on my business phone, starting as far back as last August...!

Verizon told me it was a problem on their end that have customers had...someone would leave a voicemail but the person would NEVER get it...it simply would not show up. My voicemail mailbox was totally clear, but if you dialed *86 to hear your voicemails you could find many more.

SO...I seem to have like 25 people who now probably think I chose not to return their calls. I was quite unhappy to find this out.

If you were one of those 25 people, I apologize. Please know that I ALWAYS return all phone calls and emails.....when I actually know about them.

I post this because if you have Verizon, you may want to dial *86 to see if you also have voicemails that you never really got.

Respectfully, Frank D'Angelo
Frank, thanks so much for your post. I just dialed *86 and found 9 messages. Four of these were from Honor Flight where I missed a meeting, etc. I’m now sure they thought me senile when I insisted I never got the messages. Very upsetting. Yet I’m appreciative you alerted me to this issue so I can call them and apologize.
Old 04-16-2022, 06:56 AM
Send a message via ICQ to gemini5001 Send a message via AIM to gemini5001

I have the same problem. I also have Verizon and many times when I dial *86 I find I have several voice messages that I was not aware of.
Very frustrating to know this and wondering what the customer is thinking.
Thanks for bringing this up. Good to know.

Manny The Handyman LLC
352-530-2583 home/office
610-570-5303 cell
Old 04-16-2022, 07:46 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,064 Times in 533 Posts

So, I just dialed *86, I had a message..... regarding my student loan. Hahahahaha
Old 04-16-2022, 09:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Exactly, we switched to T-Mobile too. I know some companies are better for one reason or another. I paid $100.+ for Verizon & I had to pay for Data. I’m with T-Mobile now & I get text, calls & data unlimited & it cost $23. Per phone. Unfortunately we don’t live in TV anymore.
Old 04-16-2022, 09:37 AM

Quote:
I post this because if you have Verizon, you may want to dial *86 to see if you also have voicemails that you never really got.

Respectfully, Frank D'Angelo
Thanks for the insight. I just dialed *86 and found that I had quite a few voicemail messages. The first one dated back to February. I thought, oh well, not too far back. A few messages later it said April 27th. I thought, wow they have future messages in my in-box - amazing. Then I realized the February ones were not this year but last year. All sales pitches so no loss. Thanks again.
Old 04-17-2022, 03:07 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ SLIM View Post
On a similar note, I left a request for an inspection appointment on your web site a couple days ago. Are those being monitored and replied to?
thanks,
Joe
Hello Joe,
I have you now. I had 12 website requests this 5 days and yours did slip by me. I apologize. I do not want to bother you on Easter, and promise to call you within the next 2 days. Between a recent death in the family I had to drive out of state for, and out of state family flying here for this Easter week it has not been business as usual...I apologize. Talk to you soon!

Frank D.

Last edited by DangeloInspections; 04-17-2022 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-17-2022, 04:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I have a great idea for many of you. Give Xfinity Mobile a chance. Much cheaper, some of the same dopey stuff happens but not as dopey as Verizon and not as many problems as Verizon.

I would use a rock a chisel and a prehistoric flying bird to bird mail before Verizon would ever get a nickel out of me ever again. They are thieves.
Old 04-18-2022, 06:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,044 Times in 5,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I have a great idea for many of you. Give Xfinity Mobile a chance. Much cheaper, some of the same dopey stuff happens but not as dopey as Verizon and not as many problems as Verizon.

I would use a rock a chisel and a prehistoric flying bird to bird mail before Verizon would ever get a nickel out of me ever again. They are thieves.
Since xfinity uses the verizon system how are things different? BTW after many years using Verizon we are done with them for good or perhaps even longer.
Old 06-15-2022, 07:55 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Sad Update.....

So....Verizon assured me that this would never happen again. Well, again I noticed that my voicemail started to say 90% full, when it clearly should not have been. I did the *86 thing only to find out it said I have 26 new voicemails that have never shown up on my visual voicemail.....again.

So...there are 26 customers that probably think I do not return my calls...sigh. Verizon tells me they are fixing it again. I will try to listen to those 26 calls, because I ALWAYS return calls the same day...!!!

I think I'll be changing my voicemail message to tell folks that if I do not return their calls within 24 hours to please try again due to this problem.

Business has been overwhelming the past week, and I have gotten over 200 calls which I have answered within the last 2-3 days.....but because of this Verizon glitch, I have never gotten 26 of them. Sorry....!

Lesson here is if you rely on visual voicemail now, (like everyone does) , every so often do the old style *86.....you might be surprised!

Frank D.
Old 06-15-2022, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,044 Times in 5,335 Posts

Quote:
So....Verizon assured me that this would never happen again. Well, again I noticed that my voicemail started to say 90% full, when it clearly should not have been. I did the *86 thing only to find out it said I have 26 new voicemails that have never shown up on my visual voicemail.....again.

So...there are 26 customers that probably think I do not return my calls...sigh. Verizon tells me they are fixing it again. I will try to listen to those 26 calls, because I ALWAYS return calls the same day...!!!

I think I'll be changing my voicemail message to tell folks that if I do not return their calls within 24 hours to please try again due to this problem.

Business has been overwhelming the past week, and I have gotten over 200 calls which I have answered within the last 2-3 days.....but because of this Verizon glitch, I have never gotten 26 of them. Sorry....!

Lesson here is if you rely on visual voicemail now, (like everyone does) , every so often do the old style *86.....you might be surprised!

Frank D.
Wow. Have also found that when we had a question or problem using our cell the store on 441 was pretty much useless. Finding that t mobile is far superior.
Closed Thread

Tags
voicemails, verizon, voicemail, return, calls

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.