Veterans Support Organization Scam alert

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Yes, please ask for a military ID. If you give money to crooks, you are guilty of encouraging the behavior of fraud, stealing, and cheating.

If you want to donate money to veterans, please take the time to make sure it really is going to veterans, or to homeless, or to others in need. Otherwise, you may be giving your money to evil-doers. That's not what you want, is it?

Go back up to the first post and take a few minutes to watch that video.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Gold member

Tbugs, you are entirely correct about the major veteran's organizations being lobbyists. That's why I try to limit my donations to my local legion or VFW post, where most of the money stays local, and never to the state or national organization if I can avoid it. I don't belong to the AARP for exactly that reason - I don't support their politics or their lobbying efforts and refuse to pay for them. I won't criticize anyone for donating. What they do with their hard-earned money is their business. But I'm not going to donate to anyone I don't know and trust.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:57 PM
Sage

Thank you Sparky-30 for the information. Lying, coveting and stealing are not only morally wrong; they are against God's commandments.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:34 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

These guys are dishonest scam artists - not vets (or possibly only Coincidentally vets). To give money to them only supports their dishonesty AND, to contribute to a scam makes you a participant (knowingly or unknowingly) in that scam. I think it is admirable to support vets and to contribute to their support. Just make your contributions count - give to a recognized organization that actually helps veterans - like the USO, DAV, American Legion, VFW, etc. Don't throw your money to con artists.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Default VSO Fraudulant Organization

The Veterans Support Organization is a fraud. The money it collects does not go to legitimate veterans support groups. Lets get these guys off our streets.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.