American Sniper killer fair trial.

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2015, 02:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts
Default American Sniper killer fair trial.

I was listening to the Fox talking heads about whether or not the American Sniper murderer got a fair trial and they started going on about whether or nor various jury members had seen this wonderful movie about post traumatic stress. Did they -- I mean the Fox talkers-- not get the point of the movie? It is about the pain soldiers go through-- over there and then here coping with their memories. Why would seeing such a movie work against the defendant getting a fair trial?

It seemed pretty cut and tried to me that this man killed these two men knowing full well what the consequences would be. He fled the scene and had to be arrested by police.

I wish some people would use more common sense when talking about subjects like this and show some empathy. Not a subject covered all that well at the two law schools I attended even if I was only at BYU (Class of 1985) for a week or so. I did graduate from the University of Minnesota Law School (Class of 1989) and was working for prisoners at Minnesota Correctional Facility-Stillwater for two law school academic years along with a summer. I have also been a victim/survivor rights' activist since 1991.

They also talked about outside influences on the jury like the movie. What world do these people live in? How do you make sure that no jury members have ever heard about the movie American Sniper? Get a jury with all Greenlanders who have no internet access.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 02-26-2015 at 07:24 AM.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

The parts of the law and it's processing for a lot of us get very questionnable as "murderer"/perpetrator/terriorist/rapist/et al is slowly transformed into a victim for the sake of lessor charges or being set free.

There is always the need to separate the person from the deed to create doubt, pity, etc.

To win the case these actions are taken to a fault.

For me it moves from seeking justice to winning the case right or wrong....guilty or not.

In this case it was very obvious he was in control of his faculties at all times. The momentary insanity was nothing more than a legal tactic....having nothing to do with reality.....and I believe this is how the jury concluded as they did.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I was listening to the Fox talking heads about whether or not the American Sniper murderer got a fair trial and they started going on about whether or nor various jury members had seen this wonderful movie about post traumatic stress. Did they -- I mean the Fox talkers-- not get the point of the movie? It is about the pain soldiers go through-- over there and then here coping with their memories. Why would seeing such a movie work against the defendant getting a fair trial?

It seemed pretty cut and tried to me that this man killed these two men knowing full well what the consequences would be. He fled the scene and had to be arrested by police.

I wish some people would use more common sense when talking about subjects like this and show some empathy. Not a subject covered all that well at the two law schools I attended even if I was only at BYU (Class of 1985) for a weiek or so. I did graduate from the University of Minnesota Law School (Class of 1989) and was working for prisoners at Minnesota Correctional Facility-Stillwater for law school academic years along with a summer. I have also been a victim/survivor rights' activist since 1991.

They also talked about outside influences on the jury like the movie. What world do these people live in? How do you make sure that no jury members have ever heard about the movie American Sniper? Get a jury with all Greenlanders who have no internet access.
I guess you just have to consider the source, fox. Them pretty babes do get distracted from the facts & common sense from time to time.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:14 PM
Eternal Member

Nothing wrong with the GUILTY verdict. He did kill two people and there is no doubt about that. He will be in prison rest of his life. Nothing wrong with that, either.

Even if he was found not guilty by reason of insanity, he would be in a mental hospital rest of his life.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,882 Times in 2,428 Posts

This should be very simple you cold blooded kill, you die. No going to metal hospital, no being feed for the rest of life. I can think of several cases over 10 years old where mass murders are still breathing. Why? Please don't say in the name of justice or fairness.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.