Vietnam vs Florida

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2021, 12:10 PM
Veteran member
Default Vietnam vs Florida

In Vietnam, we lost 58,220 soldiers. Deaths of Floridians from COVID was recorded a week ago, at 51,240. Gov. DeSantis won the governorship by only 32,463 votes. So that's 18,777 more people have died from COVID than the number of voters he won by. Plus we're only 7,000 away from surpassing the total number of US miliarty killed in Vietnam.

Gotta love that personal choice agenda, especially when we're fighting an unseen enemy, known as COVID. Plus, I heard that a General Willey Coyote made a call to Moderna AND Pfizer, the enemy of our enemy...
Old 09-18-2021, 12:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
In Vietnam, we lost 58,220 soldiers. Deaths of Floridians from COVID was recorded a week ago, at 51,240. Gov. DeSantis won the governorship by only 32,463 votes. So that's 18,777 more people have died from COVID than the number of voters he won by. Plus we're only 7,000 away from surpassing the total number of US miliarty killed in Vietnam.

Gotta love that personal choice agenda, especially when we're fighting an unseen enemy, known as COVID. Plus, I heard that a General Willey Coyote made a call to Moderna AND Pfizer, the enemy of our enemy...
Yet NY, with TWO million less people has more deaths...

Oh, and btw, the NYT says it's significantly less than your stated # @ 51K (as of 18 hrs ago...)

-Tom Petty
Old 09-18-2021, 12:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

I don't know where you are going with this string, but if you wish to talk about Vietnam, how about counting the 60,000+ veterans that have committed suicide?
No matter how one dies, the fact is that EVERY one dies eventually. No one gets out alive. The problem in not how they died but that some should not have lived as long as they have.
Old 09-18-2021, 01:06 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

Two items to consider:

1) Florida has been an open state far longer than many other states
2) Florida, on a percentage of population basis, has one of the largest for senior citizens

Looking at the rate of death (looking only at the number of cases is deceiving as it does not account for population size) involving Covid as of yesterday we see that per 100,000 people:

Mississippi: 308
New Jersey: 306
Louisiana: 288
New York: 281
Massachusetts: 267

Florida sits 10th at: 237

So then either the states with the top five highest rates states of death involving Covid were even more supportive of a personal choice agenda than Florida, or could it be that lockdowns and less personal choice are statistically NOT more effective in reducing death rates involving Covid?
Old 09-18-2021, 02:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebama View Post
And how many who died from covid were in perfect health otherwise? If covid is so deadly, why not force vaccinate illegal aliens apprehended at the border, before releasing them unrestricted into the country? Covid is about control. Wear your Chinese made paper mask, you’ll be ok.
Are you in perfect health?

Are you overweight?

What is your blood pressure, cholesterol numbers, sugar score?

Are you vaccinated?

Just wondering who we are talking to. I say that politics and stance on Covid vaccine do not always match.
Old 09-18-2021, 02:17 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I don't know what his vote total has to do with anything. Or why you would use it in comparison with Covid numbers.

I'm kind of tired of those obsessed with themselves and being "safe". It's not a good look at any age but especially for seniors who have lived their lives and shouldn't be worrying about their mortality at the expense of the young. That's one of the more distasteful by-products of senior communities - the curmudgeon "get off my lawn" types who hate kids/young adults and are living in these communities to get away from them, as well as society's riff-raff. And you can include the unvaccinated in the latter category.
Old 09-18-2021, 02:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Not perfect, but pretty damn good...

Quote:
Are you overweight?
Only 10-15 pounds...

Quote:
110/70

99 (last blood test 6 weeks ago)

Never been over 90...

Quote:
Are you vaccinated?
Yes, and I also had covid 19 months ago

Would you care to know my shoe size or anything else?

Quote:
Just wondering who we are talking to. I say that politics and stance on Covid vaccine do not always match.
And I've never mentioned my political stance... It's against the rules, which I'm sure you know...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-18-2021, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Are you overweight?

Are you vaccinated?

I think what was meant, not sure, of course, was that often times those who are already in poor health from chronic illnesses get Covid, end up in the hospital and pass away. Their deaths are counted as Covid deaths even though it was most likely that the primary cause of death was due to other conditions.
Old 09-18-2021, 03:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape Artist View Post
I think what was meant, not sure, of course, was that often times those who are already in poor health from chronic illnesses get Covid, end up in the hospital and pass away. Their deaths are counted as Covid deaths even though it was most likely that the primary cause of death was due to other conditions.
I agree with the content of this post...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-18-2021, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
I agree with the content of this post...
Hopefully people that near death would get vaccinated. The problem is healthy people get Covid, give it to other people, and move on. This should be a PUBLIC HEALTH issue and not a political issue. Get the shot unless a real doctor says you shouldn't and let government pay that doctor for that opinion.

Always be humble and kind.
Old 09-18-2021, 04:52 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Died from COVID or died with COVID??
Old 09-18-2021, 05:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Died from COVID or died with COVID??
Do you have any stats that show people died with COVID (whatever that means) as opposed to died from COVID?
Old 09-18-2021, 05:39 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Do you have any stats that show people died with COVID (whatever that means) as opposed to died from COVID?
That's the point, hospitals and states are reporting COVID deaths if they have COVID, not only if COVID caused the death.

Last April, Deborah Birx, MD, coordinator of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, said this when asked about people who have COVID-19 but die from preexisting conditions: “If someone dies with COVID-19, we are counting that as a COVID-19 death.”

That statement, combined with some state health officials saying they follow the same policy, sparked charges that the COVID-19 totals were inflated by deaths from other diseases and even auto accidents if the victims happened to have COVID-19.
Old 09-18-2021, 05:43 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I just posted the figures I found on-line for the state we are living in. I do not believe in political parties, and I have been an Independent for 20+ years. I looked at the CEO of the state and the numbers. I did not post my thoughts about the job he was doing.
Well, yeah, there was an opinion expressed when the numbers being posted were followed by the personal choice agenda comment (see below).

Quote:

Gotta love that personal choice agenda, especially when we're fighting an unseen enemy, known as COVID.
Plus, I heard that a General Willey Coyote made a call to Moderna AND Pfizer, the enemy of our enemy...
Old 09-18-2021, 07:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by heims01 View Post
Hopefully people that near death would get vaccinated. The problem is healthy people get Covid, give it to other people, and move on. This should be a PUBLIC HEALTH issue and not a political issue. Get the shot unless a real doctor says you shouldn't and let government pay that doctor for that opinion.
Vaccinated people also get Covid, give it to other people and move on...

And I never once mentioned politics...

Oh, and I had Covid 19 months ago and also was vaccinated in January/February, lest you think I'm and anti-vaxer...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
vietnam, enemy, covid, won, number

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.