Vietnam vs Florida

Closed Thread
Old 09-28-2021, 02:58 PM
Veteran member
Default death by open state ?

as some one who used t owork in YC . I enjoy youtube videos , 6/7/8th avenues used to be vibrant places with store keeped paying hundreds of thousands in rent.

Saw a recent video on Manhatan and it was like newark , nj after the riots ! ... I wonder how many shopkeepers commited suicide in NY ???

I'd take our health concerns vs NY anyday to keep businesses up and running.

Use common sense . wear a mask and don't get to close to me!

statistics are almost meaningless , unless you compare apples to apples , age brackets and pre existing conditions..!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Yet NY, with TWO million less people has more deaths...

Oh, and btw, the NYT says it's significantly less than your stated # @ 51K (as of 18 hrs ago...)
Old 09-29-2021, 07:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post
as some one who used t owork in YC . I enjoy youtube videos , 6/7/8th avenues used to be vibrant places with store keeped paying hundreds of thousands in rent.

Saw a recent video on Manhatan and it was like newark , nj after the riots ! ... I wonder how many shopkeepers commited suicide in NY ???

statistics are almost meaningless , unless you compare apples to apples , age brackets and pre existing conditions..!!!!!!!!!

I don't wear a mask and if you don't want me near you then maintain your distance FROM me. It's not my responsibility to protect strangers from some invisible menace.
Old 10-01-2021, 07:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
I don't wear a mask and if you don't want me near you then maintain your distance FROM me. It's not my responsibility to protect strangers from some invisible menace.
There are times when it is not easy to maintain that distance. I have had people stand very close to me as I'm waiting on line for the register at Publix. Early on in the pandemic, I would keep my shopping cart behind me to use as a barrier. I will never forget, one guy reached over my cart to tap me on the shoulder to ask me a question. I guess he didn't see anything wrong with that.

See what I mean?
Old 10-01-2021, 07:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,251 Times in 4,283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
There are times when it is not easy to maintain that distance. I have had people stand very close to me as I'm waiting on line for the register at Publix. Early on in the pandemic, I would keep my shopping cart behind me to use as a barrier. I will never forget, one guy reached over my cart to tap me on the shoulder to ask me a question. I guess he didn't see anything wrong with that.

See what I mean?
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 10-06-2021, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Sorry but I have to ask. Where are they sending all the illegals? Where? Why won't they tell Americans where they have placed all these mostly untested, unvaccinated illegals?
Hopefully the Villages so you folks can get some decent service when you eat out. Call your senator and demand it cause Americans don't want to work.
Old 10-06-2021, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post

Commit suicide because they lost money ? That's some sad thinking.
Old 10-06-2021, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Get your booster when you can , if you felt protected after the first 2 shots you’ll feel bulletproof after the booster I have. FYI I had no side effects and I’m 82
Old 10-06-2021, 09:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
They lost EVERYTHING...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-06-2021, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayderjoe View Post
Two items to consider:

1) Florida has been an open state far longer than many other states
2) Florida, on a percentage of population basis, has one of the largest for senior citizens

Looking at the rate of death (looking only at the number of cases is deceiving as it does not account for population size) involving Covid as of yesterday we see that per 100,000 people:

Mississippi: 308
New Jersey: 306
Louisiana: 288
New York: 281
Massachusetts: 267

Florida sits 10th at: 237

So then either the states with the top five highest rates states of death involving Covid were even more supportive of a personal choice agenda than Florida, or could it be that lockdowns and less personal choice are statistically NOT more effective in reducing death rates involving Covid?
Stop with the facts. Don't you know this is a pandemic, My neighbor personally knows 28,000 people who died from the Pandemic. Anyone travelling to Florida should buy a cemetery plot as well. The only responsible thing to do is to leave Florida and move to NY where they take this Pandemic much more seriously (dare we dream). Doesn't matter they are dropping quickly in NY, their lockdowns, forced vaccines, preventing close to 70% of people of color from going to a restaurant, shows they are caring non white supremacist humanitarians. The President has told us 200 million people in Delaware alone have died. Obey Fauci. Like he said yesterday, taking away someone's ability to shop, have a job, work and provide food for their family, will lead to people "willingly" getting the jab (I almost did not get it out).
Old 10-06-2021, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
People are committing suicide because they can not pay for their children's food. Unable to pay for their health care, a roof over their head. All may not understand it, but these things mean something to some.
Old 10-06-2021, 09:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyseguy View Post
The "Spokesperson" tells us these illegals being send throughout the country are only here for a short while. Covid knows that and will not spread to others.
The Spokesperson"?

The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 10-06-2021, 10:05 AM
TOTV Moderator

This thread has caused far too much work for the moderators. It is now closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
vietnam, enemy, covid, won, number

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.