Vietnam vs Florida

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2021, 07:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,177 Times in 4,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Died from COVID or died with COVID??
Problem is, that line has been blurred since they started counting...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-18-2021, 07:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,177 Times in 4,234 Posts

Quote:
That's the point, hospitals and states are reporting COVID deaths if they have COVID, not only if COVID caused the death.

Last April, Deborah Birx, MD, coordinator of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, said this when asked about people who have COVID-19 but die from preexisting conditions: “If someone dies with COVID-19, we are counting that as a COVID-19 death.”

That statement, combined with some state health officials saying they follow the same policy, sparked charges that the COVID-19 totals were inflated by deaths from other diseases and even auto accidents if the victims happened to have COVID-19.
Prezactly...

It doesn't help with the messaging, which has been all over the place...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-18-2021, 11:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
In Vietnam, we lost 58,220 soldiers. Deaths of Floridians from COVID was recorded a week ago, at 51,240. Gov. DeSantis won the governorship by only 32,463 votes. So that's 18,777 more people have died from COVID than the number of voters he won by. Plus we're only 7,000 away from surpassing the total number of US miliarty killed in Vietnam.

Gotta love that personal choice agenda, especially when we're fighting an unseen enemy, known as COVID. Plus, I heard that a General Willey Coyote made a call to Moderna AND Pfizer, the enemy of our enemy...
So, you done good making you political agenda point. Good job .
Old 09-18-2021, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Vaccinated people also get Covid, give it to other people and move on...

And I never once mentioned politics...

Oh, and I had Covid 19 months ago and also was vaccinated in January/February, lest you think I'm and anti-vaxer...
I understand your health is a private matter, but I'm curious about your antibodies (haha). You said you had Covid in early 2020 and then you also received the vaccine early this year. Were you tested for Abs before you had the vaccine? Just wondering how this works in the human body because there's been so much conflicting information. For instance, the CDC insists those who have had Covid should still get the vaccine. But natural immunity is probably longer-lasting than the Abs from the vaccine. Some say perhaps lifetime immunity, or near it, for a particular strain, of course.

Last edited by Escape Artist; 09-18-2021 at 11:50 PM.
Old 09-19-2021, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape Artist View Post
Yeah, I don't know what his vote total has to do with anything. Or why you would use it in comparison with Covid numbers.

I'm kind of tired of those obsessed with themselves and being "safe". It's not a good look at any age but especially for seniors who have lived their lives and shouldn't be worrying about their mortality at the expense of the young. That's one of the more distasteful by-products of senior communities - the curmudgeon "get off my lawn" types who hate kids/young adults and are living in these communities to get away from them, as well as society's riff-raff. And you can include the unvaccinated in the latter category.
...And, my personal experience is that the folks you mention also dislike those of us who have kept ourselves in fairly good health, by NOT engaging in UNhealthy life styles.

...And, referring to the OP's original statement, "Figures don't lie, but liar's figure". In other words don't believe MOST of what you hear, read and see.
Old 09-19-2021, 04:58 AM
Veteran member
Default Excellent response

And I am sure that in the future years professors doctors and infectious disease medical professionals will study the statistics from around the world and still not know why some places created more deaths than others. All I know is I'm vaccinated and I'm 95% effectively safe but still I do wear a mask when I go out and I avoid large crowds when I can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayderjoe View Post
Two items to consider:

1) Florida has been an open state far longer than many other states
2) Florida, on a percentage of population basis, has one of the largest for senior citizens

Looking at the rate of death (looking only at the number of cases is deceiving as it does not account for population size) involving Covid as of yesterday we see that per 100,000 people:

Mississippi: 308
New Jersey: 306
Louisiana: 288
New York: 281
Massachusetts: 267

Florida sits 10th at: 237

So then either the states with the top five highest rates states of death involving Covid were even more supportive of a personal choice agenda than Florida, or could it be that lockdowns and less personal choice are statistically NOT more effective in reducing death rates involving Covid?
Old 09-19-2021, 05:04 AM
Veteran member

To compare New York to Florida, especially NYC deifies reasoning.
You have more people crammed into one building in the city than you have in one acre in Florida.
The building I lived in had 96 apartment, that's 96 families not 96 people.
I'm surprised more than people didn't die in N.Y.
Old 09-19-2021, 05:14 AM

It's all about the math, 100% of the people that died of covid in Florida are dead.
Old 09-19-2021, 05:45 AM
Platinum member
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbird45 View Post
To compare New York to Florida, especially NYC deifies reasoning.

I'm surprised more than people didn't die in N.Y.
As in dogs, cats, rats, or other animals???
Old 09-19-2021, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Yet NY, with TWO million less people has more deaths...

Oh, and btw, the NYT says it's significantly less than your stated # @ 51K (as of 18 hrs ago...)
The density of everyday NY living unfortunately necessitates close living conditions, like apartment buildings. Ever ride the NY subway!
Of course Covid spreads more rapidly in NY
Old 09-19-2021, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswirs View Post
...And, my personal experience is that the folks you mention also dislike those of us who have kept ourselves in fairly good health, by NOT engaging in UNhealthy life styles.

...And, referring to the OP's original statement, "Figures don't lie, but liar's figure". In other words don't believe MOST of what you hear, read and see.
Roger that. You can take any number and twist it to any conclusion you want just like the OP did. My common sense tells me living in the Free State of Florida is a darn good thing.
Old 09-19-2021, 06:19 AM

Over 1300 people die every day from smoking related issues.That’s around 500,000 a year,if you don’t want the vaccine that’s ok.freedom isn’t free.
Old 09-19-2021, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
In Vietnam, we lost 58,220 soldiers. Deaths of Floridians from COVID was recorded a week ago, at 51,240. Gov. DeSantis won the governorship by only 32,463 votes. So that's 18,777 more people have died from COVID than the number of voters he won by. Plus we're only 7,000 away from surpassing the total number of US miliarty killed in Vietnam.

Gotta love that personal choice agenda, especially when we're fighting an unseen enemy, known as COVID. Plus, I heard that a General Willey Coyote made a call to Moderna AND Pfizer, the enemy of our enemy...
New York is still the leader!!!
Old 09-19-2021, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Died from COVID or died with COVID??
Would they have died without it is the question, and most often the answer is no.
Old 09-19-2021, 06:41 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnesail View Post
Would they have died without it is the question, and most often the answer is no.
False Statement

Tags
vietnam, enemy, covid, won, number

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.