Vintage Schwinn Bicycle

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2021, 03:58 PM
Default Vintage Schwinn Bicycle

I recently acquired a Schwinn ladies bicycle in excellent condition. Schwinn Cruiser Six.

The serial number on the bottom of the frame is : TY96070851.

I'm trying to get some info on the bike: Year mfg. value, etc. I've exhausted all possibilities from my end.

Any help will be appreciated. Pictures available.
Old 01-08-2021, 05:39 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by len84pa View Post
I recently acquired a Schwinn ladies bicycle in excellent condition. Schwinn Cruiser Six.

I'm trying to get some info on the bike: Year mfg. value, etc. I've exhausted all possibilities from my end.

Google a terrible thing to waste.

Schwinn Bike Serial Numbers - maneasysite

Schwinn Bike Serial Number List

Gene from genesbmx.com web site provided this great info on figuring out your old trusty Schwinn; Schwinn Bike Dating After 1965, Schwinn serial number sequences, while appearing to be confusing on first sight, follow several general rules. If the first letter is a 'A' through 'M' it refers to production month. All serial number records before 8/18/1948 were lost in a factory fire. For pre-1948 Schwinns try taking out the crankset to check for a date code. If you have a Schwinn from this era, please, PLEASE send us pictures of your bike and serial number (Cutter@Re-Cycle.com). We are in the process of collecting pre-1948 serial. A serial number on the underside of a bottom bracket. Another serial number beneath the bottom bracket, aligned parallel to the frame. Some Schwinn bicycles have the unique identifying number on their head tube (which is on the front of the bike). A serial number located on a rear drop out.
Old 01-09-2021, 08:12 AM

Thank You for the information. I'm sure the bike is after 1965 however the serial number doesn't begin with A to M, it starts with a TY and I have been unable to find any documentation acknowledging a serial number starting with a TY.
Old 01-09-2021, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by len84pa View Post

I found another site where someone was asking for similar info about their Cruiser 6: Schwinn Cruiser 6 - $75 | All Things Schwinn | The Classic and Antique Bicycle Exchange
I hope this helps answer your questions!
Old 01-10-2021, 04:30 PM
Default Schwinn Cruiser Six

Thank You Roscoguy. I have the identical bike as Anna Marie with the similar TY number stamped on the bottom of the sprocket. The number stamped on my nameplate is 1976.

The bike is in excellent condition and I paid $85 just before Christmas 2020.

Great riding bike.
Closed Thread

Tags
schwinn, bicycle, vintage, bike, year

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.