Walgreens express pickup, opinions?

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2018, 01:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,420 Times in 5,110 Posts
Default Walgreens express pickup, opinions?

Walgreens has a new express pickup service. You sign up, prepay for your prescriptions, and then show up at the express window to pick up the prescription. According to the Walgreens guy, even if there are 5 people ahead of you, you are supposed to go immediately to the express window and bypass the other customers in line. I asked him if this makes people in line angry, and he said, "sometimes". It seems to me that this new service will create a lot of complaints, especially when they are busy. I think the express window should be located in a different area, and serviced by a separate employee.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 11-21-2018 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:42 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I can just see it now — 20 people at the express window because they paid; 3 people in the regular line. And, because you prepaid, you can’t go to the shorter line. Sounds like a really dumb plan to me.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-21-2018, 07:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Walgreens has a new express pickup service. You sign up, prepay for your prescriptions, and then show up at the express window to pick up the prescription. According to the Walgreens guy, even if there are 5 people ahead of you, you are supposed to go immediately to the express window and bypass the other customers in line. I asked him if this makes people in line angry, and he said, "sometimes". It seems to me that this new service will create a lot of complaints, especially when they are busy. I think the express window should be located in a different area, and serviced by a separate employee.
Very good solution.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 11-21-2018, 09:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Walgreen's in my experience in The Villages area in Florida is NOT Worth The Sweat Off A Grape! The lie, they are unorganized, they are way understaffed, they are argumentative. They are losing customers at an alarming rate. Maybe the service will get better once they lose enough customers. Oh yeah, they have shorted the pill count twice. Only by a couple of pills but it still happened which caused another ride to get the ones they shorted us.

This new plan they came up with should do the trick. People will be clearing out in waves. Disrespectful, not managed properly, beer muscled pinheads. I sure they have stellar people also unfortunately not at the stores on 441 that we have to choose from. I have communicated my thoughts with Walgreens Corporate, waiting for a response. I'll keep you posted.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Walgreen's in my experience in The Villages area in Florida is NOT Worth The Sweat Off A Grape! The lie, they are unorganized, they are way understaffed, they are argumentative. They are losing customers at an alarming rate. Maybe the service will get better once they lose enough customers. Oh yeah, they have shorted the pill count twice. Only by a couple of pills but it still happened which caused another ride to get the ones they shorted us.

This new plan they came up with should do the trick. People will be clearing out in waves. Disrespectful, not managed properly, beer muscled pinheads. I sure they have stellar people also unfortunately not at the stores on 441 that we have to choose from. I have communicated my thoughts with Walgreens Corporate, waiting for a response. I'll keep you posted.
Corporate is the best way to get results. Thank you.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 11-22-2018, 08:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post

Yikes, my experiences at 3 Villages-area Walgreens have been the exact opposite of what you describe - at 466 & Tall Trees, Pinellas Plaza and Colony Plaza.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Yikes, my experiences at 3 Villages-area Walgreens have been the exact opposite of what you describe - at 466 & Tall Trees, Pinellas Plaza and Colony Plaza.
In N.J. Walgreens was NOTHING short of Heroic. Above and beyond reasonable expectations, they even deliver to our house twice when we were knocked out by flu-like symptoms. Unheard of but just like the Old Days like when Doctors made house calls.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:15 AM
Platinum member

Except for new prescriptions sent from my doctor, I do all my refills from Walgreens by mail. You order on line and choose free shipping. You have to allow about 10 days but it makes my life a lot easier. Walgreens is always busy and waiting in line does get frustrating, so I avoid it at all costs.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

The Walgreens on Parr works just fine. Never had a problem before moving here either.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 11-22-2018, 06:49 PM
Veteran member

Having the cashier leave the "normal" line in order to check out express customers would irritate me if I was a normal customer. I also wouldn't be happy as an express customer if that line had 4-5 people in front of me. Walgreens is promising something (faster checkout) that it may not be able to make good on.

I agree that mail order is the way to go if possible. I use medicine that needs to be refrigerated, but the shipping waste of large styrofoam cartons and multiple gel packs made me feel too guilty!

I'll also put in a plug for Publix pharmacy. Accurate, polite and short or no waits. (I usually go later in the evening, though.) I switched from CVS because of their long lines and errors/disorganization and am much happier.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Sounds like Disney's FastPass.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
express, window, walgreens, people, line

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.