Disappearing Posts?

Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2007, 04:08 PM
Veteran member
Default Disappearing Posts?

Has anyone ever made a post and then and a few minutes later....it vanished? That just happened to post I made this morning. Glad it wasn't lengthy. This isn't the only time that's happened. Curious.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 11-22-2007, 04:31 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Disappearing Posts?

The Talk Hosts reserve the right to remove posts that appear to be commercial advertising or against the TOTV guidelines. I posted a link to one of the TOTV rivals by accident and they removed it - but they did send me a note telling me why.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman
The Talk Hosts reserve the right to remove posts that appear to be commercial advertising or against the TOTV guidelines. I posted a link to one of the TOTV rivals by accident and they removed it - but they did send me a note telling me why.
TOTV Administrators are pretty good about not removing posts that are borderline. Unlike some of the other message boards I have used which seem more like the painting canvas of the Administrators rather than a collective canvas of the various posters. Just using a metaphor. Simile? I get those two confused at times. :dontknow:
Old 11-23-2007, 01:56 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ
Has anyone ever made a post and then and a few minutes later....it vanished? That just happened to post I made this morning. Glad it wasn't lengthy. This isn't the only time that's happened. Curious.
John,

I can tell you that I was on my motorcycle between Boynton Beach and The Villages today so, I know that I didn't remove anything. Usually Tony, Darrel and I talk before we remove a post, although each of us has the administrative power to do so. I cannot imagine for a minute that you posted anything that would have been so offense that we pulled it. I'll check with the others.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Administrator

John,

Nobody removed it. I checked the forum logs and it does not show any posts being removed by any of the three of us.

I have mistakenly "deleted" my own posts by not clicking the "Post" button after I wrote the post. Instead I had clicked another link, like the topic link at the top. That effectively deleted my post.

Is there a chance you did that?

Old 11-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer BeBack
I thought it had happened to me when I responded to a question about real estate market analysis. I tend to only read the forum that is under the general TV discussion and assumed I was responding there. I later found that the post had been moved to the real estate section of the forum.
John explained it above. He responded to a post that was in another category and did not notice it. I have done the same thing and it drives me crazy until I figure out what I did wrong.

I try to check and see what category the post was in before I respond these days.ow.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:30 PM
Veteran member

Z, thanks. I think you're correct. An episode of neuroflatulence on my part. Sorry for the trouble guys.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 11-23-2007, 11:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member

it's hell gettin old
Old 11-24-2007, 12:07 AM
Veteran member

Hey golfnut, I'm not even retired yet. Today, while at work, duriing a phone call with my much better looking half, I learned that I left the water running in the bathroom sink. Then, this afternoon, I forgot to remove my ATM card from the damn machine....and it ate it (no kidding....just ask Patty). Has anyone tried Ginko Biloba to improve memory? I got some of that stuff once.....but I kept forgetting to take it. Absent minded professor....should be a proverb.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 11-24-2007, 01:18 AM

JohnZ, I know for my own missing posts I have found or realized at the last minute that I have typed my comments and then automatically hit the "enter" key and not the "post".
It irritates the :edit: out of me!
Old 11-28-2007, 01:42 AM
Veteran member

I've had this happen a few times before and assumed I did something wrong. Today, I posted a reply to the Mardi Gras thread and I did not do anything wrong and it did not appear. I definitely hit post and a few minutes later, checked on it and it was not there. A mystery or a bug?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.