Closed Thread
Old 05-16-2020, 03:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosells View Post
Why
No maintenance to speak of.
Old 05-16-2020, 03:48 PM

Just today we had Adam, from his company that I’d have to get the info for you if you’re interested, give us an estimate to remove stains from our paver driveway and color seal it. He’s doing the same to our landscape walls and paths within the area along the front and sides of the house. He’s also grinding off an ugly epoxy color and refinishing the cement on a small patio outside of our lanai.. He’s going to griNd down our garage floor, and without the expense of epoxy, but just as good and long lasting, he’s going to finish it for us. . I looked at a few different picture of the very, very creative ways that he has taken plain concrete to a whole new level using color and the natural texture of a cement. He does etching, etc., but I loved the natural look that came about by just being creative with the cement color sprays. We’ve had others quote in the range of $2000 just to power wash and seal the driveway, so either they were ridiculously high or Adam is very fair for all that he’s doing. If you want to do something that is out of the ordinary unlike the same driveways etched or other designs, and you’re into a more organic look, let me know and I’ll get the info and pass it on. pass on his information to you. He gave us some addresses where we can see his work.it all sounds great, but I’ll only be able to see it after he finishes it. I’ll let you know when it’s done if you aren’t in a rush or would like to see his work. You can also tell him that you’re interested and would like to see the driveways that he’s done. He appears to love the creative aspect of what he does. He’ll also add or change something if color isn’t exactly to your liking after it’s finished We’ll see...
Old 05-16-2020, 05:44 PM

I do hope you know that your driveway is warranty for 10 years against cracking. That is if you don’t coat it. Now with the kids in charge the house is in Fenney May be a little bit different. LOL
Old 05-18-2020, 11:50 AM
Veteran member

Did anyone notice how many of the driveway painters are out of business in this post? I think that alone tells you something. I like plain old concrete and don't need something else to maintain that requires any additional time or money.
Old 05-18-2020, 12:41 PM
Default Acid stain

Google Direct Color concrete acid stain.
Old 05-20-2020, 06:36 PM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

i'm still in the trade & there's no such thing as 3yr period for resealing yet,,, is that phrase part of your contract ? do they guarantee the 3yr schedule ?
what you're probably getting is an acrylic fortified polymer-modified cement w/acrylic top seal,,, check out 1 of the bags - should have a mfg # on it UNLESS the installer mixes & bags it in his shop
when we were down in jan, i saw ONE artisan's work that was, impo, pro work,,, all the rest looked like painter's & handymen - even saw 2 girls painting w/h&c - a product rarely used by decorative conc artisans,,, here's why gender was mentioned - neither could explain to me what/why/how - only that they were doing it again,,, you'd think they, at least, would've had some training, no ? saw 2 guys - they at least had plausible answers
for the best long-term performance, conc pavers are #1 in my book,,, more $, sure BUT they're easily repaired if damaged or sunken
by the way, our own driveway is not coated - its plain conc which i do NOT seal
acid-stains outside ? NOT without a uv-resistant sealer - they'll fade in a heartbeat
10yr guarantee w/o cracking ? even fed/state dot specs only call for 1 - that must include caveats - designed ONLY for automobile traffic which is their 'out' if the moving co's truck causes a crack - sitting loads weigh more ( static ) than moving/rolling ( dynamic )

Last edited by stadry; 05-20-2020 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:38 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,346 Times in 734 Posts

I have pavers which came with the home. They are one year old and I have sanded the joints with polymeric sand and sealed them at a DIY cost of 300.00. I will have to repeat in 3-5 years.

Compare to concrete at essentially zero maintenance.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:42 PM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

pavers are more expensive per sf than conc - part materials but mostly labor,,, maint is minimal w/pavers IF the installer knew his stuff
Closed Thread

Tags
concrete, driveway, bare, durable, connected

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.