Watch "Shark Tank"?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Sage
Default Watch "Shark Tank"?

Television show....Some of the ideas are dumb, but spouse thinks my idea is silly....I always thought that everyone with a yard in the fall (in Florida that would be spring)could use my giant hair net for all those d***m leaves...Last night someone had a beer cooler for golf bag, not very unique!...Best idea last night was a stay-at-home Dad with a sweeper/scraper that popped out for tough jobs!
Long b4 soda pop cup holders were introduced to movie theatres, I thought of that one also....Bottom line, necessity is the mother of invention, Right?
I'm sure some of you have those neat rolliing door screens for the home that would be great for golf carts....Some of these golf cart doors are rough on my long legs getting in and out.....Do you have any ideas?

Last edited by jebartle; 04-23-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:33 AM
Veteran member

love it! My favorite biz was the 'Netflix' method of ordering toys, so you could return them for different/more age appropriate toys as the child grows; oh, I wish that had been available when my 3 were little!

Thank goodness for DVR to allow us to record shows that are televised during the prime times for being out in TV!

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.

Last edited by Freeda; 04-24-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:23 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

i have had several!
1] churches should collect donated communion and confirmation outfits for use in the future; only cost to families would be to pay for cleaning after the event.

2] communion and confirmation rehearsals should include photo sessions so that parents do not have to pop up and down to snag pictures of their little darling during a solemn church rite.

3] pta orgs should collect class projects [like the 3rd grade indian long house or the solar system display] and save them for distribution to future students/parents for their use! pta could make a bundle renting out these projects thru the years! sorta like when we went to college and dug thru frat/sorority files to find the term papers/projects/exams that we needed!

but my fave would be to sell "old fashioned n.j. cooking water" and "good old n.j. dirt" - 2 things that jersey natives suffer without when they relocate to other parts of the states/world! back when a friend's uncle used to come back to jersey to visit family and friends he always returned to florida with buckets of 'backyard dirt' so that he could plant his tomatoes [he saved the seeds from his jersey tomatoes from year to year in his old medicine bottles]. and we from jersey know that you can't get italian bread, pizza dough and bagels like the ones from jersey anywhere - cause it's all about the water! after all, why were there so many breweries in newark, nj in the 'old days'? - because of newark water. to my knowledge, the head brew meister for budweiser is still in newark, nj and their other breweries submit their local water samples there in order to get a recipe for adaptation to make it like newark water!

Old 04-23-2011, 09:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Love Shark Tank!

And love jebartle's idea for rolling screens for golf carts. How about those sun shade screens to keep out the sun but allow breezes to flow thru?
Old 05-07-2011, 02:02 AM
Sage
Default 5/6 shark tank

a couple of good ideas....snap on fixture for outside faucet or fire hydrant....and spouse's fav: inventor developed vibration instrument that will transfer sound to anything, bose tried to buy this patent from them....

Actually my best idea is something that will transfer my golf game from Ugh! to Wow!, just haven't refined the details!
Old 05-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Gold member

Loved the snap on faucet thing....I need it now !
Old 05-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Sage

I love Shark Tank, and Dragon's Den. Excellent reality TV. Last night's episode about the Firefighter that invented a fast nozzle attachment to a fire hydrant sure paid off for him! It is interesting when the Sharks get into a bidding war.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Gold member

I wonder if Mark Cuban has ever been in a Home Depot or Lowes. If he has, he would know that there are already devices that allow quick connects for garden hoses. Unless there is something about this invention that is vastly superior to what is already out there, I think he just wasted over a million bucks.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.