Weather underground site in TVs

Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2017, 09:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts
Default Weather underground site in TVs

IMO, the wunderground.com sites in the villages are not very accurate. One up in my area says the wind is 10 MPH and only rained 4 inches. When back to previous page (last night) and the wind readyings or rain totals don't add up. Other than temperatures IMO pretty useless???
Old 09-11-2017, 09:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member

It matters where the personal weather stations are installed. If they are installed in a wind or rain shadow then the reading may be off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
IMO, the wunderground.com sites in the villages are not very accurate. One up in my area says the wind is 10 MPH and only rained 4 inches. When back to previous page (last night) and the wind readyings or rain totals don't add up. Other than temperatures IMO pretty useless???
Old 09-11-2017, 09:41 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I use the Storm app on my IPhone and IPad. They get their data from Weather Underground. I have found that is better and more accurate if the settings use "collective data" rather than single site.

Tags
imo, wind, page, night, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.