Wells Fargo Bank Txt Message Alert

Closed Thread
Old 07-02-2019, 11:00 AM
Platinum member
Default Wells Fargo Bank Txt Message Alert

This morning I received a txt message from Wellsfrauddetection. Delete it because it’s bogus and contains a link to a malicious web site. We do not have a relationship with Wells Fargo so it was obvious, but I could imagine that anyone with a Wells Fargo bank account or credit card might click out of curiosity.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:09 AM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

Thanks.. my little dealings with them have all been terrible .. I had a very low interest auto loan w them and they have taken a month to transfer the title to Florida, holding up vehicle registration. The wait times for customer service are outrageous. Several years ago i had a home mortgage with them, which they subsequently sold to PNC .. Neither would give me any payoff or other information on the loan.. claiming the other owned it in their "private" account. Finally BBT came to rescue and they refinanced me and got rid of the misery. Lastly, within the last two months I;ve had two hard hits on my credit report from Wells. And they sent me a credit card i never applied for, but was related to the hits .. I called the fraud department . spent a half hour w them, they cancelled the card and were supposed to follow up w me .. but havent .. They are in my useless category
Old 07-02-2019, 06:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Dropped them two years ago.....best move.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 07-02-2019, 08:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

I agree, with all of the publicly that was reported, I was glad when I was able to get rid of them.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:07 AM
Platinum member

Wow! Has this thread drifted from a virus alert to negative opinions about Wells Fargo. From the many management missteps I’m not a fan of this bank but just be aware that internet thieves are very creative and have morphed from email to text messaging.
Closed Thread

Tags
fargo, wells, bank, message, txt

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.