Westboro Baptist to Protest Liz Taylor's Funeral

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2011, 01:29 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion
Default Westboro Baptist to Protest Liz Taylor's Funeral

The hateful pastor and members of his gay hating Westboro Baptist Church plan to protest at the funeral of of the already legendary actress, Elizabeth Taylor.

They hate her because of her many years of devotion as an aids awareness activist.

Can there be any greater sin than to hate in the name of God. There's a special place in hell waiting for these people.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/gayso...r-funeral.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/20...s_funeral.html
Old 03-24-2011, 01:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,500 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

It doesn't matter whether it is the funeral of Liz Taylor, a service veteran, a baby, an old person or a 40 year old who committed suicide.

The person who died will be missed terribly by the people who knew them and loved them.

The basic tenant of the Christian faith is to treat others like you would like to be treated

If I knew these mean and cruel people would come with their hate messages to anyone's funeral that I knew of and it was close enough to attend, I would have to try to do something to protect the suffering family.

It is just NOT right.

There must be a way to stop them.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Sadly, they get exactly what they want from these protests: publicity. If the media would totally ignore them; if no one would say a word; if we could just ignore such evil, they'd quit doing it. As long as there are reports about them; as long as their name gets in the news, there will be others who condone and applaud their evil, who will give them money, attend their church, cheer them on.

Who knows, protesting Ms. Taylor's funeral may be their downfall. She has way too many fans and admirers. They may just do exactly what Gracie would like to do. Let's just hope the fans don't get punished too harshly for letting these things (sorry, refuse to acknowledge them as humans) know how despicable their actions are.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-24-2011, 02:23 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Sadly, they get exactly what they want from these protests: publicity. If the media would totally ignore them; if no one would say a word; if we could just ignore such evil, they'd quit doing it. As long as there are reports about them; as long as their name gets in the news, there will be others who condone and applaud their evil, who will give them money, attend their church, cheer them on.

Who knows, protesting Ms. Taylor's funeral may be their downfall. She has way too many fans and admirers. They may just do exactly what Gracie would like to do. Let's just hope the fans don't get punished too harshly for letting these things (sorry, refuse to acknowledge them as humans) know how despicable their actions are.
Red, Gracie and Richie - I agree.

These people are hate mongers and publicity hounds. I do hope it backfires on them.
\
Old 03-24-2011, 03:06 PM
Veteran member

Can there be any greater sin than to hate in the name of God. There's a special place in hell waiting for these people.

Totally agree Richie.

I was disgusted when Westboro protested at the funerals of military members killed in action. Their "so called religion" is a front for their pervasive hatred of gays, military and our government and society.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Gold member

I'm an old and patient guy (mainly old), after a few more uncomfortable and and unfortunate demonstrations, I'm hoping these curiousities go the way of most, and are quickly forgotten.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Platinum member

From what I've read, these people are not actually members of a church but members of one family calling themselves a "church" with a self-appointed "minister".

Red's right, quit giving them any press or media of any sort and they will go away. They're like a 2-year old in tantrum mode....when it works, they're happy. When it's no longer effective, what's the point and then it's not worth the effort.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 03-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
From what I've read, these people are not actually members of a church but members of one family calling themselves a "church" with a self-appointed "minister".
Westboro Baptist is a church, but it is true that the majority of members are from the Phelps family. Fred Phelps is the "minister", and the head of the family. Fred is a disbarred lawyer, and Margie, his daughter is a practicing attorney, who loves to litigate against anyone who tries to stand in their way. We lived on a small farm near Topeka, where I worked, and went to church at First Lutheran. First Lutheran was ELCA, which voted a few years ago to ordain gay clergy. As a result the good folks of Westboro spent many of their Sundays, not in their own church, but picketing ours from across the street. The Phelps are seen so often picketing various things in Topeka that they are almost a disgusting but everpresent part of the landscape. I have long beleived that Freddie is a latent homosexual pedophile, who acts out to disguise his true character. Of course I could be wrong.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:51 PM
Default Richie, You And I Finally

agree on something. These are very bad people.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:43 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
The hateful pastor and members of his gay hating Westboro Baptist Church plan to protest at the funeral of of the already legendary actress, Elizabeth Taylor.

They hate her because of her many years of devotion as an aids awareness activist.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/gayso...r-funeral.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/20...s_funeral.html
In a way, I am pleased to see this. Westboro Baptist Church has disgusted many military people as well as good, solid American people who can distinguish right from wrong. With this action, they show clearly they have no respect for anyone. Any person who thought to excuse their actions as anti-war can now see them as the haters they are.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:58 AM
Veteran member

Christians or commies? Like Charlie Sheen they're out for headlines....

Old 03-25-2011, 07:17 AM
Veteran member

I read that they consider her a gay enabler and Aids activist. I don't understand how these anti-gay churches can even call themselves a church when they spew that kind of hatred.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:08 AM
Sage

Didn't someone write somewhere on here (???) some time ago that this is a family, rather than what most of us think of as a "church" .

Aha. I found this information in Wikipedia .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_phelps
Old 03-25-2011, 08:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Westboro Baptist is a church, but it is true that the majority of members are from the Phelps family. Fred Phelps is the "minister", and the head of the family. Fred is a disbarred lawyer, and Margie, his daughter is a practicing attorney, who loves to litigate against anyone who tries to stand in their way. We lived on a small farm near Topeka, where I worked, and went to church at First Lutheran. First Lutheran was ELCA, which voted a few years ago to ordain gay clergy. As a result the good folks of Westboro spent many of their Sundays, not in their own church, but picketing ours from across the street. The Phelps are seen so often picketing various things in Topeka that they are almost a disgusting but everpresent part of the landscape. I have long beleived that Freddie is a latent homosexual pedophile, who acts out to disguise his true character. Of course I could be wrong.
OOOPs. Ed already posted this....sorry!
Old 03-25-2011, 09:48 AM

Clearly the hateful & hurtful plans of this group were foiled again. According to Jewish tradition Elizabeth was quietly intered at Forest Lawn in Glendale less than 48 hours after her death. Only a small contingent of family and extremely close friends (less than 50 I heard) were in attendance.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.