What Do You Miss About Your Former Hometown?

Closed Thread
Old 11-28-2007, 08:57 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: What Do You Miss About Your Former Hometown?

ROFL about Trader Joe's -- was whining to my friend about not having one here the other day. Already have my Christmas order in to her. She'll but the stuff as an Xmas gift, but I have to pay for FedEx. Almost sounds fair. lol

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-28-2007, 08:59 PM

Moved to the Atlanta area 20+ years ago from Massachusetts/Rhode Island area - still miss the small towns, fall in New England, hot dog rolls (only made in this area of the country), clamcakes, quohogs, clam chowder, frappes, coffee syrup (again, only in this area of the country), lobster rolls, summers on the Cape....could go on and on...
Don't miss taxes, insurance, heating bills and snow for more than a day...
Despite this, can't wait to be a permanent resident of TV
Old 12-01-2007, 08:33 PM

When I get to the Villagers, not there yet , I'm going to miss raking leaves, shoveling SNOW, traffic jams, just to go food shopping, high property tax's, high green fees and most of all I'll miss hibernating for 5 months
Old 12-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Nothing! but I do miss my 3 car garage!
Old 12-02-2007, 03:33 AM

I am a life long Michigander. I will be in TV the first of January. The only thing I will miss is the "Welcome to Ohio" sign on southbound I-75.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:51 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

1rnfl gemorc

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Dancing Thyme

Hey Barb, I make a dynamite Eggplant Parm, glad to hear you like eggplant, so many people don't.

This is a promise!!! As soon as I get to TV in my new house, the first thing I'll do is make you an eggplant parm sandwich. Okay!!! We'll even have some nice Italian Red Wine to go with it. :2cool:

Gemorc, I agree with Red... 1rnfl 1rnfl

Kathie

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 12-03-2007, 04:04 AM
Sage

Funny you should bring this up. I've been here just a month and last night after the tree lighting I got so home sick, I couldn't believe it! I love it here, but we're from the suburbs of Chicago, so I can't believe I'm saying this but I do miss the lights on Michigan Ave. glistening through a few snowflakes. I miss knowing where everything is! I miss seeing the Museum of Natural History and remembering walking through it when I was 5 holding my father's hand. Also the school trips. I don't have any warm memories here yet, but I know they will come. Last night I watched tables full of people laughing, as if they've known each other for a long time. And I do know that will come with time. But I know we made the right move here, the people are all so friendly and I love our house and the market squares. So, probably this time next year, I'll be wondering what all of this mush was about! Anyway, great question. :bigthumbsup:
Old 12-03-2007, 04:58 AM
Sage

chelsea:

Being a former southsider, I miss the Museum of Science and Industry, Italian Beef Sandwiches, Good Pizza, Good Hot Dogs, State Street parades, small lakes in northern Indiana, Fourth of July picnics, and many others things even after being gone from the windy city for over 35 years.

I do not miss snow, sleet, ice, cold, the hawk, summer humidity!
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 12-04-2007, 01:50 AM
Veteran member

Funny the things that we miss where we lived before, then we ask ourslves why did we leave. I miss the Keys but I dont miss what it cost to live there. The weather was the best and yes, no love bugs.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.