What do you think happens when you die?

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2022, 05:47 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

No one truly knows/can prove (belief/faith is not fact) what happens after the mortal body ceases - except that it slowly decomposes. THAT can be proved. Another thing that has been proved over and over throughout history however, is that the promise and belief of perpetual utopia is the single best way to try and manipulate how adherents act during their lives, both good and bad. The sad part being, that having the 'faith/belief' that there is something great waiting after we die and one only needs to convert/believe (even at the very last second), somehow justifies the abhorrent behavior so many show toward fellow human beings (particularly against those who are not the same as oneself) - while alive.

Not to say that having belief and faith is a bad thing, as it certainly isn't and should be a huge positive toward having a better living world...and how we treat others while alive.

So why hasn't/doesn't it - actually work that way?
Old 10-16-2022, 05:50 AM
Platinum member
Default Bravo

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet View Post
i’m not sure what happens after death. I have a very close person pass away recently. Then a few days ago, as i was watching golf on the television and checking my emails on the ipad at the same time, this person came to me dressed as usual, from the air and gave me a sweet hug and left the same way. I have never, as a scientist, never believed in ghosts but this event was as real as the couch i’m sitting on.
thank you for sharing
Old 10-16-2022, 05:52 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Since we are finite creatures with a begining, middle, and end, infinity is a concept that, imho, is impossible to convey or conceive. My spur of the moment attempt goes like this. "With out end. No up, down, right, left, begining, ending. No point of reference. FOREVER."

Can you imagine you are on a line that goes to your righ and to your left. You go one we and I go the other. We both set out. We travel a trillion times the speed of light and we live a million life times. Neither of us are any closer to the end of the line because there is no end. No end! That would be infinity in one dimension. We exist in 3 dimensions. No mater what direction you go you are never any closer to an end, because the is no end. Eternal life would not get you closer to an end, and since you have eternal (never ending, infinite) life, even death can't release your never ending travel.

So, Infinity, could be a curse or a blessing. There is always the possibility of infinite joy and love.

What do you think?

"There is always the possibility of infinite joy and love."

"What do you think?"

Why is it so darned hard, for so many, to give it a trial run - while still alive?
Old 10-16-2022, 05:55 AM
Platinum member
Default Devout missionaries

Quote:
immersion conversion is a strategy to gain new converts. Hence your new convert roommate, and not just by chance i'm guessing.
in my career i've worked in many high crime areas. During this time i was amazed at how the mormon missionaries could walk the streets and be left alone to perform their vocation.
Old 10-16-2022, 05:55 AM
Default Lights out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanb View Post
Believers in Jesus will spend eternity In heaven with Him. Those who do not believe will spend eternity in hell If you repent and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ you will be saved. He is the only one who paid the price for sin. Many will say I’m narrow minded but you asked a really serious question and you deserved the Truth and a serious answer.
I don’t believe in hell, if I did I would say it’s what happens here on earth to people that have suffered or are now suffering from the way their fellow humans treat them…..
Old 10-16-2022, 05:59 AM

Amen
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
John Stuart Mill
Old 10-16-2022, 06:02 AM
Platinum member
Default " in my father's house there are many rooms"

Quote:
since we are finite creatures with a begining, middle, and end, infinity is a concept that, imho, is impossible to convey or conceive. My spur of the moment attempt goes like this. "with out end. No up, down, right, left, begining, ending. No point of reference. Forever."

can you imagine you are on a line that goes to your righ and to your left. You go one we and i go the other. We both set out. We travel a trillion times the speed of light and we live a million life times. Neither of us are any closer to the end of the line because there is no end. No end! That would be infinity in one dimension. We exist in 3 dimensions. No mater what direction you go you are never any closer to an end, because the is no end. Eternal life would not get you closer to an end, and since you have eternal (never ending, infinite) life, even death can't release your never ending travel.

So, infinity, could be a curse or a blessing. There is always the possibility of infinite joy and love.

What do you think?
since you asked. I've always pondered why some of us are born in good circumstances where one can thrive
to aspire to salvation. Others, say mongol warriors were born into a culture that demanded of them pillaging and murder. They had no choice. Why was i given one and not them? Hence i believe that some of us are granted another life, a different chance to gain salvation.
Old 10-16-2022, 06:09 AM
Gold member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life as I know it View Post
I don’t believe in hell, if I did I would say it’s what happens here on earth to people that have suffered or are now suffering from the way their fellow humans treat them…..
I totally agree.
Old 10-16-2022, 06:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure I'll no longer have to hunt a parking space at popular venues
Old 10-16-2022, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Mahmood asks "Where are my seventy-two virgins?"
The thing is ... no one said the 72 virgins were women.
Old 10-16-2022, 06:17 AM

Have had two open heart surgeries. 2005 post surgery dream encounter was a woman dressed in a long white gown that as I was sinking, pulled me out of the finest, softest gold dust you could ever imagine. For Believers, the streets of Heaven are paved in gold so pure you can see through it. 2019 had Cath Lab gone bad. Last word before the first Code Blue episode was "I feel dizzy!"

To this day and everyday I can still see the complete and utter darkness. A pitch black, lights out darkness that is like no other darkness you have ever seen. When you close your eyes light still passes through your eyelids and the brain and mind is still processing. I was brought back to life again. I did not "see or walk toward the light" nor did I experience hell. Though I did not have a heavenly encounter in 2019, I have not lost my faith in God's eternal promises.

GOD gives FREE WILL. To each their own on how they use it. For me, I choose to worship the Lord.

Last edited by GizmoWhiskers; 10-16-2022 at 06:35 AM.
Old 10-16-2022, 06:29 AM
Veteran member
Default Don't worry about it.

It doesn't matter if there is anything after you die you deal with it.
I'm not a believer. I always looked at the promise of a better place was to keep people in line.
If you're good boys and girls Santa will bring you gifts.
I've signed up to donate my organs after I die.
Does that mean if there is a better place, I will show up missing body parts
Old 10-16-2022, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy2231 View Post
Kind of like the question "What is Love?"
Ecclesiastes 9:10 - Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going.

So, there you go. Your body is buried and your consciousness ceases completely. You do not go to heaven. You sleep and await a resurrection.

John 3:13 - No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.

Revelation 20:4-6 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

Anything else any church teaches is lies and deception. Read your Bible. There is a good chance that what you have been taught is not in there.
Old 10-16-2022, 06:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out……
Nope, there is going to be NOTHING but a extremely big pile of ashes! Then I get to see everyone passed before me!
Old 10-16-2022, 06:48 AM

I appreciate the lightheartedness in some of the answers to this very important question. “Laughter is good medicine”
However, I feel I must interject to say that if we are honest with ourselves we somehow know that there is more after this life. I’m convinced in that same awareness that Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life; and no one gets to Heaven except through Him. Please take time to connect with Him, and His Word, on a regular basis.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.