What a farce for vaccinations

Closed Thread
Old 01-14-2021, 01:01 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,549 Times in 418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
There is no reason for someone giving you a vaccine that is provided free as a public health service, to require your social security number. Your social security number is none of their business. You should treat your social security number with the same respect you treat your bank account and routing number. Even employers don't need it - until you are offered and accept the job. In some states, it's illegal for employers to require a social security number during the application process. They can ask for it - but they can't require it. You can leave it blank, and they have to accept that they're not going to get that number unless you end up becoming an employee.

The whole reason they changed medicare card ID numbers was because they used to be your social security number, and there was so much fraud and identity theft as a result they HAD to change it.

So - don't give our your social security number to doctors. They have no need for it, and there's nothing they can do with it. Your insurance ID number is what they might need.
Wrong. The reason was explained 2 days ago in the Daily Sunshine Pumper.

"Additionally, upon hearing resident concerns, GMR is bypassing the input of Social Security information online. Officials said users can simply insert 111-11-1111 and the actual Social Security information will be collected on-site. The vaccines are free and the company does not receive any compensation, but they are allowed to file an insurance claim for reimbursement for the medical professionals giving the vaccines, which the social security number is needed for."
Old 01-14-2021, 03:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
Wrong. The reason was explained 2 days ago in the Daily Sunshine Pumper.

"Additionally, upon hearing resident concerns, GMR is bypassing the input of Social Security information online. Officials said users can simply insert 111-11-1111 and the actual Social Security information will be collected on-site. The vaccines are free and the company does not receive any compensation, but they are allowed to file an insurance claim for reimbursement for the medical professionals giving the vaccines, which the social security number is needed for."
Except that is incorrect. Your social security number is NOT needed to file an insurance claim. Your health care ID# or Medicare ID# is required to file an insurance claim. The Medicare ID# USED TO BE your SS#. It no longer is. That information from your daily nonsense paper is, and has been, obsolete. If the people giving the vaccine require it, then their information is also obsolete.
Old 01-14-2021, 05:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
What day did you first sign-up? I signed up Jan 12, in the afternoon.
I filled out the application on the Saferestart website on Monday, Jan. 11th. early afternoon.
Old 01-15-2021, 12:16 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I filled out the application on the Saferestart website on Monday, Jan. 11th. early afternoon.
I will most likely be in the next round being vaccinated. I think it's super important that we all get the second dose in the correct time. It's not easy, but I'm being patient.
Closed Thread

Tags
shot, virus, vietnam, shots, week

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.