Everglades Parking lot Filled with trucks

Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2021, 05:36 AM
Veteran member
Default Everglades Parking lot Filled with trucks

What was going on at Everglades last night. The entire parking lot was filled with huge dump trucks, cement mixers and cars.
Old 01-13-2021, 06:23 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

Increase Impact Fee and reverse 25% county real estate tax increase.

And how did that go??? =
Old 01-13-2021, 07:10 AM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner52 View Post
What was going on at Everglades last night. The entire parking lot was filled with huge dump trucks, cement mixers and cars.
Dump truck club meeting
Old 01-13-2021, 07:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post

And how did that go??? =
Yep. How did that go indeed.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
See front page todays Daily Sun.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Planned filling the parking lot with Developer contractors so that residents could not get it. Flash mob at its finest. Increase the fees on the Developer and not on the contractors...problem solved. Developer would never allow that.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Wow, big trucks could have an impact on Everglades parking lot. Where should the residents send a check to cover the damage?
Old 01-13-2021, 09:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post

And how did that go??? =
sounds like they postponed the vote--pushed it down the road apiece.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get real View Post
Planned filling the parking lot with Developer contractors so that residents could not get it. Flash mob at its finest. Increase the fees on the Developer and not on the contractors...problem solved. Developer would never allow that.
i'm not sure that's true. the place is HUGE & most would prob use golf cart. there's parking all the way down near edna's & beyond
Old 01-13-2021, 09:28 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,549 Times in 418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get real View Post
Ed Zachary.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:41 AM
John41

Quote:
Time to show support for the NEW commissioners fulfilling their promise to roll back the 25% tax increase passed by the developers puppets and overwhelming rejected by residents. More developer dirty tricks organizing this fake contractor protest. This is a very scary intimidation and show of force tactic by the developer taking over residents recreation facilities. The Sumter sheriff needs to protect the residents rights.

Last edited by John41; 01-13-2021 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-13-2021, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
See front page todays Daily Sun.
That was both the longest and most one sided piece I ever read in the Daily Sun.
Old 01-13-2021, 10:08 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
Time to show support for the NEW commissioners fulfilling their promise to roll back the 25% tax increase passed by the developers puppets and overwhelming rejected by residents. More developer dirty tricks organizing this fake contractor protest. This is a very scary intimidation and show of force tactic by the developer taking over residents recreation facilities. The Sumter sheriff needs to protect the residents rights.
I happened to be at Everglades. I spoke with some of those who showed up in their trucks. There were working men who are concerned about job cuts if future developement slows down. It appears that their words were listened to and considered.

This thinking that "The Developer" makes all things evil happen gets a little silly at times.

Here is another thing to think about. Sumter county is not just residents of The Villages. It would be extremely selfish of us to ignore the needs of the many working people who want to feed their families.
Old 01-13-2021, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
That was both the longest and most one sided piece I ever read in the Daily Sun.
Agree. I was amazed at how long that article was.

The article states developers are only required to pay 40% of the maximum impact fee allowed by law. Did that change when the 25% tax increase was put into place or has it always been that low.

Very misleading headline implying that the Commissioners are considering a tax increase has already confused a number of people.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 01-13-2021, 10:52 AM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
I happened to be at Everglades. I spoke with some of those who showed up in their trucks. There were working men who are concerned about job cuts if future developement slows down. It appears that their words were listened to and considered.

This thinking that "The Developer" makes all things evil happen gets a little silly at times.

Here is another thing to think about. Sumter county is not just residents of The Villages. It would be extremely selfish of us to ignore the needs of the many working people who want to feed their families.
It has the developer's fingerprints all over it. Remember when he wanted a zoning change for Bob Evans restaurant and sent threatening letters to residents if they opposed him. One of the non Villages newspapers needs to get involved.
Closed Thread

Tags
everglades, lot, filled, trucks, parking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.