What if...

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2019, 10:18 AM

I grew up wanting to teach. I did not get to go to college until I was older so I didn't teach until then. It would have been a great job if the kids didn't have parents, "not my little Jimmy", or "He's a boy what do you expect?" Umm, maybe what many of the other boys did...behave. Finally quit doing that and became a hospital chaplain. That job together with treating cancer patients for 29 years allowed me to retire knowing I had made a difference. All in all I may have hated some of it, I loved some of it also, but it got my children educated and into good careers! Now I can do whatever I want!!!
Old 04-27-2019, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallybowron View Post
I grew up wanting to teach. I did not get to go to college until I was older so I didn't teach until then. It would have been a great job if the kids didn't have parents, "not my little Jimmy", or "He's a boy what do you expect?" Umm, maybe what many of the other boys did...behave. Finally quit doing that and became a hospital chaplain. That job together with treating cancer patients for 29 years allowed me to retire knowing I had made a difference. All in all I may have hated some of it, I loved some of it also, but it got my children educated and into good careers! Now I can do whatever I want!!!
Bless you for what you did. That is exceptional and wonderful.

My wife spent over 30 years in the classroom with little ones, and I am very proud of her many accomplishments and lives molded as per letters she still gets from former students and parents.

WHAT YOU DID with your life...amazing...hospital chaplain and treating cancer patients takes lots of love, caring and empathy. You have been an impact in your life, much more than you realize.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:42 PM

I wouldn't change a thing. I thoroughly enjoyed my 40-or-so years in tech.
--
bc
Closed Thread

Tags
racing, types, successful, dreams, skills

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.