What motivates some posters?

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
All of us have read posts on this forum from posters who always seem to have a chip on their shoulders at best and seem downright mean, hostile, confrontational and almost cruel at worst.

They rarely have an avatar or a clue as to who they are, whether they live here, or why they seem so ANGRY.

In your opinion, what motivates them?

How should we respond?....if at all?

If you try to say anything, they usually say that people are bullies and try to flame them...when in truth is the things they post are so angry making so many times, it is hard to ignore them.

They have NEVER shown up at Crispers when I was there anyway..., and seem to relish their anonymous "jabs".

I am not talking about disagreeing, I am talking about stirring the pot.
The reality is that not everyone is a "Goody Two-Shoes"!
Old 04-20-2013, 10:44 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimball View Post
The reality is that not everyone is a "Goody Two-Shoes"!
Obviously.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Since the Political Forum has been taken down, I believe that the posts are generally more friendly - with some exceptions, of course.

The Political Forum posters had a tendency to get personal and in-your-face quite often. However, I did manage to meet some of the the Political posters on a one-to-one basis and they are very nice guys even though we are on totally opposite ends of the political fence. I extended invites to meet some others but got rebuffed as is their right to meet whomever they want. I certainly would not want anyone to try and find out my identity if I did not want it known. I have gone to Crispers a few times and met some of the Political and other posters (including Gracie). Great to always meet new people.

It is hard to believe there are curmudjons (look that one up in your Funk & Wagnell's) on these forums who actually would want to find out personal idendities in order to bully or hurt others. I know there are some but very few and far between. I suppose they are just generally unhappy people with nothing else to do in life except to look for things to gripe about.
Very well put, buggyone. Not to mention curmudgeon is one of my favorite words.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
All of us have read posts on this forum from posters who always seem to have a chip on their shoulders at best and seem downright mean, hostile, confrontational and almost cruel at worst.

They rarely have an avatar or a clue as to who they are, whether they live here, or why they seem so ANGRY.

In your opinion, what motivates them?

How should we respond?....if at all?

If you try to say anything, they usually say that people are bullies and try to flame them...when in truth is the things they post are so angry making so many times, it is hard to ignore them.

They have NEVER shown up at Crispers when I was there anyway..., and seem to relish their anonymous "jabs".

I am not talking about disagreeing, I am talking about stirring the pot.
I cannot respond as I really haven't seen any mean nasty messages on this board. ??
Old 04-20-2013, 11:13 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
Thank you! I've been bashed so much lately for the smallest of things by the same group of people, its nice to hear from the other side. I've had some nice pm's from people with similar thoughts as well. Enjoy your day.
I think there are a lot more like us, but they prefer not to get caught up in all of the petty drama....or battle those who seem to have no life beyond TOTV.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

The Villages Florida
Old 04-20-2013, 11:46 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
The Villages Florida
Old 04-20-2013, 01:32 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
THIS is downright scary !!!

Did you report the invasion of personal space ? I may be overreacting but folks who a "go to great lengths to find out your personal identity so they can conduct unwarranted personal nasty attacks in an effort to hurt, anger or intimidate those of us who are not in lockstep with their mindset." should be thrown out of any group in which they are a member and I am not sure of the legality of this action also.
I've sent you a PM as I really don't want to get attacked again by one of the offenders by fully discussing it publicly.

I will say though that in one case the attack was politically motivated, even though I rarely post anything that can be viewed as a political discussion, except for the few days I did join the political forum long before it was closed or the attack occurred. I did report that attack to the Admin like I would for any attack, and when the poster repeated the attack I also reported that attack. However, I don't know if it did any good as the person is still around, but at least behaving... for now.

If their attacks ever resume, at least I now have adequate identifying information about the poster to provide to an attorney should it become necessary to consider legal remedy!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-20-2013, 01:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Anonymity is fertile ground for forum terrorism.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
Anonymity is fertile ground for forum terrorism.
Oh puhleeze.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
The Villages Florida
The original Good Two shoes?
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	original goody 2shoes.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	12754  
Old 04-20-2013, 02:13 PM
Sage

Old 04-20-2013, 02:14 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
THIS is downright scary !!!

Did you report the invasion of personal space ? I may be overreacting but folks who a "go to great lengths to find out your personal identity so they can conduct unwarranted personal nasty attacks in an effort to hurt, anger or intimidate those of us who are not in lockstep with their mindset." should be thrown out of any group in which they are a member and I am not sure of the legality of this action also.
Hi bucco: I suspect like stalking unless the stalker has broken the law there is nothing that can be done. So I believe in this case even if in writing on this forum it may be nothing can be done except perhaps deleting the post,unless the wording is such that a lawyer , LOE deems the wording to clearly indicating a threat. We had a guy whowould call up my employees and turn the room blue with his language and nothing could be done according to the police. However, he finally went overboard and moved toward threats. The police called him and asked that he come to the police station so they could talk with him. they also told him that if he called us gain cam to our offices, etc he would immediately be arrested.
I my view the original call were enough but not according to the police.
Its tricky
Old 04-20-2013, 02:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Hi bucco: I suspect like stalking unless the stalker has broken the law there is nothing that can be done. So I believe in this case even if in writing on this forum it may be nothing can be done except perhaps deleting the post,unless the wording is such that a lawyer , LOE deems the wording to clearly indicating a threat. We had a guy whowould call up my employees and turn the room blue with his language and nothing could be done according to the police. However, he finally went overboard and moved toward threats. The police called him and asked that he come to the police station so they could talk with him. they also told him that if he called us gain cam to our offices, etc he would immediately be arrested.
I my view the original call were enough but not according to the police.
Its tricky
And scary. I think that the same person keeps getting tossed and reappears with a new name. There is only so much you can do to trace an anonymous poster.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
And scary. I think that the same person keeps getting tossed and reappears with a new name. There is only so much you can do to trace an anonymous poster.
Wow. This is getting better than the old Political Forum except that Richie Lion is not around to dish out and field abuse after abuse. You folks all need to get a hobby and stop paying so much attention to this BS. Don't let life pass you by as you spend hour after hour with your nose in your PC monitor worrying about TOTV posts.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.