What would you do

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2015, 08:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I think I'm gonna toss mine.
(Perhaps I shouldn't ask. But I will anyway.) How far?
Old 03-14-2015, 09:11 AM

Perhaps we should step away from the cookies (I tell myself that all the time.) and maybe segue into a discussion of workplace dynamics.

I am a little curious.

Is there someone standing behind the OP who wants to hold her coat so she can go fight? -- Those types are often in a state of self-righteous indignation. Oh so aware of real and imagined grievances. That's a personality type. Steer clear of them.

Is there a drama queen in the mix? -- Your umbrage becomes their umbrage. That's because they love a scene. Varies slightly from the coat-holder. The coat-holder will be more hostile and self-righteous. The drama queen can appear to be sympathetic, giving you a shoulder to cry on, but hoping for that big finale. Steer clear.

But if it is you, self-motivated you, willing to cost someone their job over something so flimsy, willing to drag the boss into it, well, take a good look in the mirror. Take a deep breath. Do a little self-talk. And step away from the cookies. (And maybe look up that famous quote from Pogo.)

I can tell you right now that if you elevate this to a big deal, it will hurt you. There will be those in the workplace who will steer clear of you. Your boss, if a good boss, will not be impressed. Your boss, if a bad boss who wants a tattle-tale, will use you for that. Is that who you want to be?

And please, next time, put that nice plate of cookies on a table in the employee area for everyone. If you want everybody to know they are from you, just add a little "Happy Whatever" card or note. Don't dole them out to only those you choose.

(Aw, gee, I was not going to get into this thread, but it was starting to drive me crazy. Advice was asked for, after all.)

So anyway, enough about the cookies. Let's move on to the cheese. I really doubt you want to be like the cheese -- who stands alone.

Bossy Laurie

Last edited by Laurie2; 03-14-2015 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-14-2015, 09:51 AM
Veteran member

See... what you need to do is to tie a string around the cookies so that nobody can take them. Then, four hours later, you eat just a few of them and a bunch just sit there uneaten.

Oh... wait... I'm getting my threads mixed up...

Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn
Old 03-14-2015, 10:25 AM
deestatham

Totally understand how you feel and I'd feel the same way. But quite honestly, I don't think its worth any more efforts. It would just stress you out and it just isn't worth it. She was an ass and if I were you, I'd just store this bit of information in the back of my mind and make sure it never happens again. Could be that the word got out about the cookies and someone told her they were in your locker - who knows?
Old 03-14-2015, 10:44 AM
Veteran member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deseylou View Post
I brought cookies to work to be shared among my fellow workers
I saw people before clocking in and offered them a cookie
I did tell them I was sharing
I then put cookies in my locker
A few minutes later a fellow worker thanked me for cookie
I did not offer her cookie, I did not tell her to help herself to my locker
She went in and helped herself
I feel like she stole from me and I feel violated
Would you tell management if it means she might be terminated
Was your locker left open?
Did you actually see her eat the cookie?
Could she just be thanking you for a nice gesture and not for the cookie per se?
At the end of the day...Let It Go.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:46 AM
Gold member

You could ask the person, "Why did you feel free to go into my locker and take something from it? Is everyone free to open and take things from yours?"
Old 03-14-2015, 10:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
(Perhaps I shouldn't ask. But I will anyway.) How far?
I throw like a girl.
Old 03-14-2015, 11:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie2 View Post
Perhaps we should step away from the cookies (I tell myself that all the time.) and maybe segue into a discussion of workplace dynamics.

I am a little curious.

Is there someone standing behind the OP who wants to hold her coat so she can go fight? -- Those types are often in a state of self-righteous indignation. Oh so aware of real and imagined grievances. That's a personality type. Steer clear of them.

Is there a drama queen in the mix? -- Your umbrage becomes their umbrage. That's because they love a scene. Varies slightly from the coat-holder. The coat-holder will be more hostile and self-righteous. The drama queen can appear to be sympathetic, giving you a shoulder to cry on, but hoping for that big finale. Steer clear.

But if it is you, self-motivated you, willing to cost someone their job over something so flimsy, willing to drag the boss into it, well, take a good look in the mirror. Take a deep breath. Do a little self-talk. And step away from the cookies. (And maybe look up that famous quote from Pogo.)

I can tell you right now that if you elevate this to a big deal, it will hurt you. There will be those in the workplace who will steer clear of you. Your boss, if a good boss, will not be impressed. Your boss, if a bad boss who wants a tattle-tale, will use you for that. Is that who you want to be?

And please, next time, put that nice plate of cookies on a table in the employee area for everyone. If you want everybody to know they are from you, just add a little "Happy Whatever" card or note. Don't dole them out to only those you choose.

(Aw, gee, I was not going to get into this thread, but it was starting to drive me crazy. Advice was asked for, after all.)

So anyway, enough about the cookies. Let's move on to the cheese. I really doubt you want to be like the cheese -- who stands alone.

Bossy Laurie
Well said. I'm glad you got into the thread, Bossy Laurie!
Old 03-14-2015, 11:14 AM
Platinum member

What if they were Circus Peanuts?

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 03-14-2015, 11:25 AM

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS AS A " SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE SKIT "
Old 03-14-2015, 11:33 AM
Platinum member

If I was working in that office with these "ladies" I would put in for a transfer.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 03-14-2015, 11:48 AM
deestatham

Hate to sound insensitive, but this has really made me laugh out loud. This could be a Saturday Night Live skit!
Old 03-14-2015, 11:52 AM
Platinum member

Or a Seinfeld episode!
Old 03-14-2015, 02:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Or a Seinfeld episode!
This is exactly what I said to my husband somewhere early on in this thread. I can totally see George and Elaine hashing this out.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:32 PM
Sage

46 post over a "fricken" cookie. OH wait...........................................

Now 47!!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.