WHAT A YEAR THIS HAS BEEN!!!!

Closed Thread
Old 01-01-2008, 01:25 AM
Veteran member
Default WHAT A YEAR THIS HAS BEEN!!!!

Today is a day that many of us reflect on the past year....and ponder the next. Looking back, what a year this has been!!! January of this year brought a maximum of 19 TOTV members online.....and as of this month....188 sets a new record online. TOTV has gone from 17,167 pages views in January 2007 to over 408,000 today. New posts....224 in January and 5,034 just a moment ago. All of the credit for this astonishing progress goes to all of you....the TOTV forum. We've traded jokes and barbs. We've laughed and we've cried. We've scratched our heads and muttered to ourselves "what the _____", and we've blown-off a little steam. But, in the final analysis.....it's all good. The thread of commonality that binds us and keeps drawing us to this site....is a desire to connect with each other and it's wonderful to see. While we have different perspectives on many things....we are the same in many, many ways.

Predictions for 2008? Two come to mind. I predict TOTV to reach 1,000,000 page views per month by year-end '08 and a community of 10,000 members. I predict the formation of an Official Villages TOTV Club with regular meetings/or and get-togethers (neat suggestion huh?).

We wish you and your loved ones a joy-filled, healthy and prosperous New Year. May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be always at your back and may God's love shine upon you.

John and Patty

Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 01-01-2008, 04:00 AM
Dancing Thyme
Default Re: WHAT A YEAR THIS HAS BEEN!!!!

Thanks John and Patty, beautifully written as usual. And the same to you and yours.

I'm bumping this cause I want all our drunken friends out partying to see this hopefully in the morning and to appreciate what we all have. Thanks, and a safe and happy new year.

Kathie

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 01-01-2008, 04:03 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Well said John. Now, could you please help me beat up Tony? Well, maybe Kathie should do it -- she's closer to him.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-01-2008, 04:15 AM
Dancing Thyme

I'll help, but it all depends on how big Tony is.... and remember how shy I am :redface: :redface: :redface:

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

Old 01-01-2008, 04:23 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

John & Patty,

Good health, happiness and all God's Blessings for 2008..The Villages Florida

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 01-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Platinum member

Thanks JZ,

Looking forward to having a cold bowl at pattys.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:39 PM
Dancing Thyme

Bump!!

Want you to see John & Patty's note from yesterday. Well done, J&P, thanks.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.