What is your guess as to percentage of Villagers who are vaccinated against Covid-19?

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2021, 06:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default What is your guess as to percentage of Villagers who are vaccinated against Covid-19?

Heard on the news that half the country has been vaccinated. I saw a map with deep colors showing counties with the most vaccination. Sumter county stands out right away on a map of Florida.

I wonder what percentage of Villagers have been vaccinated.

I am guessing about 70%.

I am proud of our careful thinking of ourselves and others.
Old 04-19-2021, 06:49 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Heard on the news that half the country has been vaccinated. I saw a map with deep colors showing counties with the most vaccination. Sumter county stands out right away on a map of Florida.

I am guessing about 70%.

I agree. Lots of smart people here..
Old 04-19-2021, 06:50 AM

Gracie
I heard a comment on TV last week saying that 80% of Sumter county residents had a least one shot. So my guess forTV would be 85%
Old 04-19-2021, 08:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Might even be 90%. Happy to see clubs and other activities reopening.

Went to a club breakfast just over a week ago and you had to tell the organizer you have the vaccine before being ok to go. Was very happy to see that.
Old 04-19-2021, 09:02 AM

And maybe we'll get to do it all over again in 6 months?
Old 04-19-2021, 09:03 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdeb View Post
And maybe we'll get to do it all over again in 6 months?
Sure, who cares? Better to be immune than dead.
Old 04-19-2021, 09:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member

67% of Sumter County has had 1 shot, 54% has had 2 shots as of 4/18.

Sumter County, FL COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker | theadvertiser.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neils View Post
Gracie
I heard a comment on TV last week saying that 80% of Sumter county residents had a least one shot. So my guess forTV would be 85%
Old 04-19-2021, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

My guess is that at least 70% have had their first shot or the J&J shot, in Sumter County. I think the reason for that, is because it has a LOT of people who are older than 65, which means they had access to a vaccine longer than anyone else. On the other hand, there are neighborhoods and sections of the county that are NOT Villages, where families live, who have NOT had access to the vaccine until the past few weeks. So they are less likely to have had their first shot by now, than the seniors.

In addition, up until this month, there were THOUSANDS more seniors here, than there are now. Those seniors also have had their shots. But they're not here anymore. They count in the category of "vaccines distributed in this county" but they don't count as "people who are living here right now who have been vaccinated."

So I don't think the percentage is going to mean much, if you're counting something as vague as "how many people in Sumter County have been vaccinated." If you mean how many seniors, probably a lot more than 60%. If you mean all people who are living in the county at the present moment, I'd say closer to 60%. If you mean ONLY villagers, and no other residents, I'd say probably closer to 80%.
Old 04-19-2021, 09:50 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default My careful thinking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

I am guessing about 70%.

is that I sneeze and cough into my arm...take mine and my wife's temp every day and I don't go into crowded areas like the town squares or stores. I wash my hands frequently and carry hand sanitizer(75% alcohol)which I use after coughing, sneezing and handling objects others might have touched.

Nope...haven't got the vaccine yet(I'm 67...wife is 65). We don't plan to and I do not consider our decision to be NOT careful thinking or ourselves and others. Since you can still infect others if vaccinated I don't see the need for your comment. Especially since I view your posts as the most common sense and caring of all posters.
Old 04-19-2021, 10:00 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
Since you can still infect others if vaccinated I don't see the need.
And this is why it still goes on.

Rather than believing the science, we have bullheaded people who think they are somehow special or immune.

You can lead a horse to water....

Some things you just cannot change. Common sense being one of them I suppose.
Old 04-19-2021, 10:17 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

According to the CDC 87% of those who have been hospitalized or died from Covid were obese or overweight. Also according to the CDC, on average, those who died from Covid had 2.6 comorbidities. The most common being diabetes, lung disease, heart disease and hypertension. As someone who is not overweight and has none of the common preexisting conditions, my risk level is extremely low. Therefore I will most likely opt not to take the vaccine.
Old 04-19-2021, 10:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,223 Posts

Covid Act Now

SUMTER COUNTY, FLORIDA

In Sumter County, Florida, 80,527 people (60.8%) have received at least one dose and 65,351 (49.4%) are fully vaccinated. Fewer than 0.001% of people who have received a dose experienced a severe adverse reaction, none of them deadly.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	59335101-59D8-40FB-B138-4F9DB1B30281.jpg
Views:	4707
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	89126  
Old 04-19-2021, 02:28 PM

I'm fully vaccinated, but I do know that there are those who are waiting to see how safe it is in their minds before doing so. And they are far more afraid of you than you of them.

There's a scary mentality out there.
Old 04-19-2021, 03:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
According to the CDC 87% of those who have been hospitalized or died from Covid were obese or overweight. Also according to the CDC, on average, those who died from Covid had 2.6 comorbidities. The most common being diabetes, lung disease, heart disease and hypertension. As someone who is not overweight and has none of the common preexisting conditions, my risk level is extremely low. Therefore I will most likely opt not to take the vaccine.
You may want to do some research into the 10% of COVID survivors who become long haulers.

I know several relatively young healthy people who survived COVID but are now miserable suffering brain fog, Chronic fatigue, horrible headaches and other symptoms.

What It Means to Be a Coronavirus “Long-Hauler” – Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic
Old 04-19-2021, 04:49 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
You may want to do some research into the 10% of COVID survivors who become long haulers.

I know several relatively young healthy people who survived COVID but are now miserable suffering brain fog, Chronic fatigue, horrible headaches and other symptoms.

What It Means to Be a Coronavirus “Long-Hauler” – Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic
I know more than 20 people who have had the virus and none have had lingering symptoms. Per the link you provided: “Our experience shows most long-haulers tend to fall into the high risk category”...
Closed Thread

Tags
vaccinated, map, percentage, villagers, guessing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.