What is your guess as to percentage of Villagers who are vaccinated against Covid-19?

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2021, 04:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
My guess is that at least 70% have had their first shot or the J&J shot, in Sumter County. I think the reason for that, is because it has a LOT of people who are older than 65, which means they had access to a vaccine longer than anyone else. On the other hand, there are neighborhoods and sections of the county that are NOT Villages, where families live, who have NOT had access to the vaccine until the past few weeks. So they are less likely to have had their first shot by now, than the seniors.

In addition, up until this month, there were THOUSANDS more seniors here, than there are now. Those seniors also have had their shots. But they're not here anymore. They count in the category of "vaccines distributed in this county" but they don't count as "people who are living here right now who have been vaccinated."

So I don't think the percentage is going to mean much, if you're counting something as vague as "how many people in Sumter County have been vaccinated." If you mean how many seniors, probably a lot more than 60%. If you mean all people who are living in the county at the present moment, I'd say closer to 60%. If you mean ONLY villagers, and no other residents, I'd say probably closer to 80%.
According to the Florida Department of Health, Florida vaccinated just over 190,000 seasonal folks who live in Florida in the winter but have a permanent addresses elsewhere. They are not counted as part of the 80,000 residents of Sumter County that have been vaccinated.

There are approximately 124,000 permanent residents of Sumter County over the age of 16. So about 64% of those residents have at least one vaccine, 52% are fully vaccinated.

If you look at the number for those 55 and older in Sumter County, those numbers are 80% at least one vaccine, 67% fully vaccinated. I’d guess that is also the percentage for The Villages.
Old 04-19-2021, 05:27 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neils View Post
Gracie
I heard a comment on TV last week saying that 80% of Sumter county residents had a least one shot. So my guess forTV would be 85%
Remember not all of TV is in Sumter - there is Lake and Marion counties to consider. This makes it a SWAG. Maybe 60% has one shot and 55% both shots. Obviously this changes each week. Just a guess.
Old 04-20-2021, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
According to the Florida Department of Health, Florida vaccinated just over 190,000 seasonal folks who live in Florida in the winter but have a permanent addresses elsewhere. They are not counted as part of the 80,000 residents of Sumter County that have been vaccinated.

There are approximately 124,000 permanent residents of Sumter County over the age of 16. So about 64% of those residents have at least one vaccine, 52% are fully vaccinated.

If you look at the number for those 55 and older in Sumter County, those numbers are 80% at least one vaccine, 67% fully vaccinated. I’d guess that is also the percentage for The Villages.
There's a lot of guessing going on. Ask the good Doctor.
“When you realize that to produce, you must obtain the permission from those who do not produce anything; When it is proven that the money flows to those who trade not with goods, but with favors; When you realize that many get rich by bribery and influence rather than by work. When you realize that corruption is rewarded and honesty becomes self-sacrifice; Then you can say, without fear of making mistakes, your society is doomed.”

Ayn Rand
Atlas Shrugged,1957.
Old 04-20-2021, 04:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,642 Times in 1,513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdeb View Post
And maybe we'll get to do it all over again in 6 months?
A question that has been circulating in regards to a booster shot in 6 months is "WHY?" Why should anyone bother to get the booster IF our gov insists that we should continue to wear masks? I wonder about this myself, considering the fact that I really had to think about whether or not I wanted the shots in the first place. Now, after coercing many reluctant folks to get the shots, they are being told that they must continue to wear their masks? AND on top of that, they must get a booster after only six months? I empathize with those that find this hard to swallow.

Sorry about going slightly off topic of how many in the Villages have their shots, but I too have been thinking about the six month booster and whether or not there will be as high a turn out for the second stage of this saga. Not sure that our stats are going to show as well on the next turnout, UNLESS we receive some assurances from those on high that they are going to provide a light at the end of this long tunnel.
Old 04-20-2021, 05:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,642 Times in 1,513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall22204 View Post
So why does the Governor of the state forbid the use of vaccine passports? He is out of touch thats why.
Thank goodness!
Old 04-20-2021, 05:22 AM

Does this mean we have reached herd immunity? Can we do away with masks? Can things open up fully again? Just asking.
Old 04-20-2021, 05:46 AM

You know, on the bright side, no one is dying from the flu anymore or pneumonia or whatever
Old 04-20-2021, 05:52 AM
Default Variants!

The variants are constantly evolving! That's the reason for continued mask wearing and the potential need for a booster. Because we are dealing with a "novel" virus, there are changing parameters.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:03 AM

I have NEVER been afraid of Covid. The only reason I wear/wore a mask and distanced is to be thoughtful for those who have been afraid.

Wasting this past year ++ in the final years of my life on earth has been the biggest challenge of my long life. Ok, I have a stupid rant..... I am sure people think they are being kind when they say “Stay Safe!” - but, it makes me cringe inside when anyone says it in the context of Covid. My mom & dad used to tell me to “be safe” and I find myself telling my friends and loved ones to be safe - but it is in reference to things like - staying safe from bad drivers, pick-pockets, cyber-criminals, slippery streets during a ice/snow storm, embarking on a long trip, going up a ladder to clean gutters ....

Anyway, sorry for rambling - if knowing makes you happy - yes, I got the vaccinations. I have absolutely no desire to know if you have gotten the vaccine. I will wear a mask - where I must. I will, however, choose to patronize businesses that do not mandate masks (please don’t get in a tizzy - it is my choice, if you feel different - that is your choice).

If masks remain mandatory - I will not waste my time getting any more Covid vaccinations. Again, don’t get in a tizzy - my choice.

‘Stay Sane!!’ :-) :-) :-) I think this is much more appropriate :-). But - again - it is just what I think. Say and do what you want to!
Old 04-20-2021, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmarkwald View Post
And this is why it still goes on.

Rather than believing the science, we have bullheaded people who think they are somehow special or immune.

You can lead a horse to water....

Some things you just cannot change. Common sense being one of them I suppose.
Here's some Science:

Abstract
Many countries across the globe utilized medical and non-medical facemasks as non-pharmaceutical intervention for reducing the transmission and infectivity of coronavirus disease-2019 (COVID-19). Although, scientific evidence supporting facemasks’ efficacy is lacking, adverse physiological, psychological and health effects are established. Is has been hypothesized that facemasks have compromised safety and efficacy profile and should be avoided from use. The current article comprehensively summarizes scientific evidences with respect to wearing facemasks in the COVID-19 era, providing prosper information for public health and decisions making.

Here's the whole study, if you're really interested in the "Science"

Facemasks in the COVID-19 era: A health hypothesis
Old 04-20-2021, 06:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,316 Times in 499 Posts

It looks as if the USA will be added to the list of those countries mandating a "burqa" in the near future. Hmm, I wonder if an additional mask is required of those wearing the traditional "burqa."
Conspiracy theory?
Conspiracy: "a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful."
What difference does it make on stats that tell us how many are inoculated, when the information provides no value as to when or how we will ever get back to the norm? When is ENOUGH really considered ENOUGH?
Old 04-20-2021, 06:17 AM

Or maybe lots of naive people. I wouldn't call taking an "experimental vaccine" that has caused the death of numerous healthy people and severe symptoms in many others to avoid a virus with a 99% recovery rate, particularly smart. To each his own. Guess i won't be attending any events that "require proof of vaccination".
Old 04-20-2021, 06:19 AM
Sage

"As of this morning Florida is second in the nation behind Michigan in new Covid cases. Not good. "

New cases is highly doubtful. Every positive or false positive is counted as a new case. One person requiring proof of a "negative" test result in order to return to work will be counted several times as a new case. If you want REAL stats, count how many died FROM covid, not WITH covid. The numbers are skewed......why? Power?

Last edited by MDLNB; 04-20-2021 at 06:26 AM.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutmama View Post
As of this morning Florida is second in the nation behind Michigan in new Covid cases. Not good.
Florida has the third highest population in the U.S.

Michigan has half the population of Florida. states in order of population 2020 - Bing

Home - Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center
Old 04-20-2021, 06:21 AM
Sage

" I wouldn't call taking an "experimental vaccine" that has caused the death of numerous healthy people and severe symptoms in many others to avoid a virus with a 99% recovery rate, particularly smart."

It's NOT "experimental." "Numerous?" How many were saved by the vaccination? Probably more than "numerous."
Closed Thread

Tags
vaccinated, map, percentage, villagers, guessing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.