What is your guess as to percentage of Villagers who are vaccinated against Covid-19?

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2021, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdeb View Post
And maybe we'll get to do it all over again in 6 months?
No problem. Whatever it takes. I will gladly get another vaccination, esp if it protects against variants.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
It looks as if the USA will be added to the list of those countries mandating a "burqa" in the near future. Hmm, I wonder if an additional mask is required of those wearing the traditional "burqa."
Conspiracy theory?
Conspiracy: "a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful."
What difference does it make on stats that tell us how many are inoculated, when the information provides no value as to when or how we will ever get back to the norm? When is ENOUGH really considered ENOUGH?
Actually, this is the accepted definition of conspiracy theory;

"A conspiracy theory is an explanation for an event or situation that invokes a conspiracy by sinister and powerful groups, often political in motivation, when other explanations are more probable. The term has a negative connotation, implying that the appeal to a conspiracy is based on prejudice or insufficient evidence. A conspiracy theory is not simply a conspiracy; instead, it refers to a hypothesized conspiracy with specific characteristics, such as an opposition to the mainstream consensus among those people who are qualified to evaluate its accuracy."

Enough is enough when many, many, many people are no longer dying every day from the Coronavirus called Covid-19. I hear it is awful to be suffocated with thick, solid mucous, blocking your ability to breathe. Alone, without the person who loves you most. The danger of course is higher, the older we are. It isn't someone doing something bad to us on purpose. It is a terrible accident of nature and we have no recourse but to do all of the things we as mankind have done. It is just common sense in the face of very real and dangerous virus.

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-20-2021 at 06:51 AM.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyg View Post
No problem. Whatever it takes. I will gladly get another vaccination, esp if it protects against variants.

Hmmm, I wonder how many will complacently get multiple shots for "variants" and still quietly accept wearing a mask with no prediction on when they will be able to rid themselves of the hindrance in the future.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:30 AM
Default Six month booster hoax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
A question that has been circulating in regards to a booster shot in 6 months is "WHY?" Why should anyone bother to get the booster IF our gov insists that we should continue to wear masks? I wonder about this myself, considering the fact that I really had to think about whether or not I wanted the shots in the first place. Now, after coercing many reluctant folks to get the shots, they are being told that they must continue to wear their masks? AND on top of that, they must get a booster after only six months? I empathize with those that find this hard to swallow.

Sorry about going slightly off topic of how many in the Villages have their shots, but I too have been thinking about the six month booster and whether or not there will be as high a turn out for the second stage of this saga. Not sure that our stats are going to show as well on the next turnout, UNLESS we receive some assurances from those on high that they are going to provide a light at the end of this long tunnel.
The study said that vaccine shots have only been studied for six months and they know it is effective for six months. After six months? It could be effective for years. The click bait headlines fooled you. Read the article!
Old 04-20-2021, 06:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Enough is enough when many, many, many people are no longer dying every day.

Oh? And when in our history has there been a time where "many, many people have not died "every day?" Being positive is one thing, but willingly accepting a vague promise of a return to normalcy with no sight of light at the end of the tunnel, might be construed as naive to some.
Not disagreeing with you. Just wondering when "enough" will really be "enough."
Old 04-20-2021, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiesrgreat@gmail.com View Post
I have NEVER been afraid of Covid. The only reason I wear/wore a mask and distanced is to be thoughtful for those who have been afraid.

Wasting this past year ++ in the final years of my life on earth has been the biggest challenge of my long life. Ok, I have a stupid rant..... I am sure people think they are being kind when they say “Stay Safe!” - but, it makes me cringe inside when anyone says it in the context of Covid. My mom & dad used to tell me to “be safe” and I find myself telling my friends and loved ones to be safe - but it is in reference to things like - staying safe from bad drivers, pick-pockets, cyber-criminals, slippery streets during a ice/snow storm, embarking on a long trip, going up a ladder to clean gutters ....

Anyway, sorry for rambling - if knowing makes you happy - yes, I got the vaccinations. I have absolutely no desire to know if you have gotten the vaccine. I will wear a mask - where I must. I will, however, choose to patronize businesses that do not mandate masks (please don’t get in a tizzy - it is my choice, if you feel different - that is your choice).

If masks remain mandatory - I will not waste my time getting any more Covid vaccinations. Again, don’t get in a tizzy - my choice.

‘Stay Sane!!’ :-) :-) :-) I think this is much more appropriate :-). But - again - it is just what I think. Say and do what you want to!
Excellent! If people were being truthful I am sure a great majority would agree with how you feel. I know I do.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
Hmmm, I wonder how many will complacently get multiple shots for "variants" and still quietly accept wearing a mask with no prediction on when they will be able to rid themselves of the hindrance in the future.
Probably the same percentage that used birth control.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:43 AM

However, if you do contract Covid-19 you may not die, but you could expose others to the virus who may not be so lucky.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
According to the CDC 87% of those who have been hospitalized or died from Covid were obese or overweight. Also according to the CDC, on average, those who died from Covid had 2.6 comorbidities. The most common being diabetes, lung disease, heart disease and hypertension. As someone who is not overweight and has none of the common preexisting conditions, my risk level is extremely low. Therefore I will most likely opt not to take the vaccine.
And there are effective biological (medications) to treat the effects of the virus. I have a doctor who has a plan to treat promptly, in the unlikelihood I do contract the virus, rather than being told to go home and wait until problems develop causing the need for hospitalization.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Probably the same percentage that used birth control.

Not even apples and oranges. Not even fruit to veggies. Definitely not relevant.

I agree with the idea that has been posted many times that some will feel misled and not be so easily "coerced" into getting boosters for an illness that still requires one to wear a mask for an indefinite amount of time in the future. Some folks have survived a whole year in the worst of this virus without a vaccine. Not advising anyone to avoid getting their vaccinations, but I can definitely understand why some would be hesitant. I have mine and encourage everyone to think seriously about getting vaccinated. But, there are many questions that should be considered, rather than "going along" with peer pressure without weighing all the available information.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
is that I sneeze and cough into my arm...take mine and my wife's temp every day and I don't go into crowded areas like the town squares or stores. I wash my hands frequently and carry hand sanitizer(75% alcohol)which I use after coughing, sneezing and handling objects others might have touched.

Nope...haven't got the vaccine yet(I'm 67...wife is 65). We don't plan to and I do not consider our decision to be NOT careful thinking or ourselves and others. Since you can still infect others if vaccinated I don't see the need for your comment. Especially since I view your posts as the most common sense and caring of all posters.
Now here's the kind of deep careful thinking ya just got to admire ????
Old 04-20-2021, 06:59 AM
Default More to be concerned about. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
Covid Act Now

SUMTER COUNTY, FLORIDA

In Sumter County, Florida, 80,527 people (60.8%) have received at least one dose and 65,351 (49.4%) are fully vaccinated. Fewer than 0.001% of people who have received a dose experienced a severe adverse reaction, none of them deadly.
The serious concern about the shots have to do with long term 6-12 months out effects, which could cause the body to develop auto-immune issues. This has been the issue with previous attempts, which has been demonstrated in animal studies. I am very comfortable to wait until this mile marker has been reached.
Old 04-20-2021, 07:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanninern@yahoo.com View Post
However, if you do contract Covid-19 you may not die, but you could expose others to the virus who may not be so lucky.

Agreed. However, what is the percentage chance that you WILL contract the virus, and then what is the percentage that you will contract it and then also pass it on to another that won't "be so lucky?" The virus is now way over 99% survivable. The infection rate is based on positive test results, which are skewed by many factors. Return recipients of those being tested positive are counted as newly infected. There is evidence of many false positives also. Many deaths are labeled with a cause of death "with" covid, not death by covid. Stats can be deceiving, more as much as politics. And now, we have the promise of the "miracle" vaccine, so there is a 100% survival rate for those vaccinated.

The masks should come off. Those that won't or can't get the vaccination should protect themselves. The rest of us should go back to a normal lifestyle.
Old 04-20-2021, 07:02 AM

And according to the current research once a year after that. Small price to pay for health. I have a young daughter who has a rare blood type and she gave blood a couple of days after her vaccine. She is now planning on giving blood as often as she can because the blood goes to premies in the Children's Hospital and they tell her if the blood has antibodies. She will be able to track how long she is protected.
Old 04-20-2021, 07:03 AM

I would guess that about 80% are vaccinated. If you look at the State of Florida website, add up the seniors 65 and older that are vaccinated, and compare that to the 4.5 million seniors in Florida. Almost 80% of the seniors in Florida are vaccinated.

Another interesting statistic was released recently, the number of people that became COVID-19 positive after being fully vaccinated. There were 5,814 people that were COVID-19 positive after being fully vaccinated. If you compare that to the 85 million that are vaccinated, that’s an infection rate of 0.01%. Of those people infected, the cases were not severe. If those numbers are correct, the vaccinations are 99.99% effective!

It would be interesting to see the statistics on how many COVID-19 deaths there are in the population of vaccinated people.

But there will always be a percentage of the population that will refuse to get the vaccination. That percentage of refusing the vaccination is much higher, as the ages lower.
Closed Thread

Tags
vaccinated, map, percentage, villagers, guessing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.