What's behind your TOTV name and picture?

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2008, 05:51 PM
Gold member
Default Re: What's behind your TOTV name and picture?

I enjoyed reading how people chose their names on TOTV.

If I want a good laugh I know I can always count on Hyacinth Bucket to provide one.

I really like the show KEEPING UP APPEARANCES, a British Sitcom.

Patricia Routledge is an award winning actress - she plays Hyacinth Bucket.

If you want to know more about Hyacinth please go to http://kuacentral.com/

If you click on postcards you will easily see what I look like, if you click on cookbook the title will tell you even more about "Our Hyacinth" and the name of the show.

I also enjoy many other Britcoms - Does anyone else watch them?

Hyacinth Bucket (pronounced Bouquet)

Old 02-28-2008, 01:59 AM
Gold member

I guess it's time for me to 'fess up. Thirty years ago we loaded the kids into the car, towing the popup, and traveling down to Florida from New York State. Outside of Savannah we found ourselves in a campground adjacent to the Marshes of Glynn. 'Wow,' I thought, 'this is the place made famous by Sidney Lanier!' So I signed in at the campground as 'Sidney Lanier' rather than my own name. Remember, in those days everything was handwritten; the owner of the campground simply copied the name into his book without batting an eye. 'This is fun,' I thought, and from that point, wherever we were, I signed in using a name historically relevant to the area where we were. No one ever picked up on it. When we got back to Virginia, I signed in as 'Thomas Jefferson,' and as usual no response. I should have signed in as 'George Washington'.... Ever since then, when I need to use a pseudonym, it's traditionally 'Sidney Lanier'!
Old 02-28-2008, 02:43 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney Lanier
'This is fun,' I thought, and from that point, wherever we were, I signed in using a name historically relevant to the area where we were.
Sidney,

I think I am hijacking a thread here, but I don't even care anymore. I think I may have even "diatribed" somewhere on here today which I swore I would never do.

Anyway, I have to tell you that I like your name and the reason behind it.

And I just have to share somethiing.

We all remember the days before electronic pagers when crowded restaurants paged you over a loudspeaker when it was your turn to be seated. My version of fun was to tell the hostess our name was Donner. Sometimes the highlight of the evening was hearing the voice over the speakers calling out, "The Donner party, your table is waiting."
Old 09-11-2008, 11:51 AM
Administrator

I wanted to see why Sidney Lanier is Sidney Lanier, and I had a recollection of some thread long ago.

I thought it would be fun to see the reason for some of our newer members to tell us about their forum names.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

My name is Grace and my mothers name was Grace and my grandmother called me GracieGirl. Everytime I read my name on here, it brings back a happy feeling. I adored my grandmother.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Gold member

Well, my current avatar should be a tip off to where the "blue" component of my name comes from (as in "Go Blue!!!"). I grew up in Michigan and went to good 'ol U of M. I still have many good feelings about the state of Michigan and my feelings about the Wolverines borders on rabid (although this football season looks like it will test how well my devotion holds up during trying times).

The "NJ" component reflects my current residency, a state where I have spent virtually all of my adult life and one which I have adopted as "home". Hopefully, at some point in the not-so-distant future I will adopt TV as my home. Then I may change my name to TVBlue.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:33 PM

WSOX47:

Well, when I decided to send my first note the pressure for a name---one I would actually re-call was there---mounting and a bublin'. I thought I could use my own name but that did not seem to be the spirit of the forum. so what to do--- I decided not to post and that was that!!!

My second explanation: since I have actually posted, and do have that memory thing: WSOX47 = Chicago WHITE SOX #47. Been a long time fan and season ticket holder (actually, 2008 I didn't renew due to uncertainty based on retirement and possible relocation), and #47 = my uniform number.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:55 PM

My name kind of says it all . . .

Visited The Villages in Oct., '09
Working on making it permanent.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:07 PM

A few years ago when I first wanted to sign up for and start playing on eBay, I must have tried dozens and dozens of ID names, but they were all taken. I then decided that since I was raised in Montreal, I would use the nick name "peasoup" which is what many affectionately called French Canadians. Since peasoup was already taken, I just changed the s to a z, hence peazoup. The picture is of my backyard in June when the hydrangea are the most beautiful.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

The "Kahuna" part of my TOTV identity is a lot of people call me. The picture is me.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Veteran member

Since I really have no nickname, (and obviously no imagination) I used my e-mail address as my name for the forum. I have changed my picture a few times to show my grandchildren, and I had my "Medium" self there for a while as well. I had this squirrel picture up for a while, and I am putting him back up again now. I have an inquisitive squirrel in my backyard that comes up to my doorwall and looks in on me when I am on the computer. He watches me through the window while I am talking to you, so I thought I would put a squirrel there to watch you while you read it.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

let me know if you need more info
Old 09-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Platinum member

23 yrs. ago I told the owner of the restaurant to fill my station, 14 tables, on a super busy Friday night. At the end of the night, in front of staff he says "Rhonda, YOU ROCK!" Someone else said, "Rockin Rhonda!". It stuck. 5 years later, at the new job (15 years there) the owners son called me RR one night, I told him the story and the rest is history. My kids friends still call me rokin! It has nothing to do with my love of dancing!! or Rocky and the Rollers!! LOL
Old 09-11-2008, 11:31 PM

Really bring and unoriginal- first name and middle initial. No picture yet as I haven't found one I that I can relate to- can't find a pic of playing really bad golf
Old 09-12-2008, 02:40 AM

Although I consider LINY my home, my present home is in MD. My husband called me Blondie...so do my grandkids. I would have just used Blondie, but it was already taken.
That's the whole story. wav

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.