What's behind your TOTV name and picture?

Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2008, 03:01 AM
Eternal Member
Default Re: What's behind your TOTV name and picture?

When I discovered TOTV on line in April 2007, I knew nothing about it nor anyone on it, so I cautiously proceeded to use a forum name that means absolutely nothing. After our first Crispers meeting, Kathie or HB (help - can't remember!!!) christened me with wiwi (wee wee) and that has made it easier to remember! It took less than a day to become a TOTV addict........

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:28 AM
Veteran member

Picture - Nothing, it happen to be one of the canned ones I could pick from on the forum and he made me look good!

Name - "Dadspet" I guess it sounds strange on this forum but it's the License plate on my sport car " a 1971 V12 Jaguar XKE Series 3 ". The kids decided to get me a custom plate for it one year since I spent a lot of time playing/cleaning/tinkering with it > it was my pet.

With all the car shows in TVs I kind of wish now I had a 2 car plus golf cart garage so I could bring it down with me. But, actually I wouldn't have much time for her now with all the other TV activities we are involved in. Jags/Pets don't like being ignored - they require attention.

I did bring the plates down and have them on my red Precedent Club Car so if you happen to see me or pass me by (yes its a 19.x mph cart) give me a toot toot!

Old 09-12-2008, 10:43 AM
Send a message via AIM to stjade

Stjade is a combination of the letters of our names STeve and JAne and the first two letters of our last name DElrey. As for the picture we got married in Las Vegas on 7/7/07 at the Flamingo Hilton ;D
Old 09-12-2008, 02:52 PM

Mine - NJGranny - describes me. I'm from NJ and I'm a "granny." Also a great granny. I started using that screen name a few years back and just stick with it because it's too hard to remember screen names if you have several. :-)

Picture is me.

What I'm confused about is several people mentioned they had certain pictures up, but what I see isn't what they're describing. I'm not hard to confuse.

Redwitch - especially liked your story. Reminds me of the time one of my granddaughters decided that I was a vampire. It took awhile to convince her that her fears were groundless. :-)
New Jersey
Old 09-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Veteran member

I now live in Florida and I'm a nice gal so hence the name Floridagal. The picture is of my cats as I'm a great cat lover.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Platinum member

OK, Picture is 12 days new!! LOL Please note the top! Ready for howloween!!! (NES) lol
Old 09-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Gold member

Wiwi, I love your new avatar. That picture is just great of you. You look stunning.

Ronda, do I detect shades of Cher's Laverne get up in that leopard print? ? ???
Old 09-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Gold member

Hi - not to sure why but when I first met you I thought you were French - and that is why you became wiwi to me.

HB
Old 09-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Eternal Member

Susan - Thank you. I love yours too - your haircut is fantastic. Wouldn't it be cool if you could put your face on that awesome avatar you had earlier that sashayed in and out of the screen!!!!

HB - Wiwi has been fun. Wish I had that French fashion sense of style!!!

Both of you - hurry back!!!! wav

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:12 PM
Veteran member

The businessI owned for 30 years was in distribution of pre recorded music, records, tapes and now they are discs
Thus diskman in regular email i am diskman88 see profile, In other places I am creditman88 as i have been in the debt settlement business helping people with their credit card debt for the past 5 years.
Wanabee future TVer

Last edited by diskman; 10-13-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer BeBack View Post
-no picture, but as for my name...

Boomer - obvious reason

BeBack - A little story...

Remember the days of those high pressure sales pitches for timeshares for everything from campsites to condos to cruises? A free meal could bait you through the door. The sales people had a name for those who would show up, eat, listen politely to the spiel for the deal that was good "for today only" and then try to make a gracious exit by saying that they would be back. They called those people the "BeBacks" and knew they would never be back.

I visited TV and I listened and I learned stuff. But I might actually be back some day.
. . .

OK. That is a really old quote. And it is from me. I have just quoted myself. How pathetic is that. It is what I have been driven to doing this afternoon.

Fall is in the air and I have found myself in the grip of some sort of cleaning frenzy here at Boomer Base. So I thought I would sit down at this computer in the kitchen and try to get over it. I have the financial news blaring in the background, and I need to get over that, too.

And I put the old post up there so this one would maybe make a little sense.

So here is what I have decided to think about instead of all that other stuff right now:

I want to lose the BeBack from my screen name. I do not like it anymore. And a couple of things have happened since I signed on last November. First of all, I plan to "be back" to TV. And secondly, as I have come to terms with the vast number of posts I have written here, I realize that the fact that I will "be back" to TOTV goes without saying.

So that whole "BeBack" thing just is not working for me anymore. Silly. I know. But what the heck. It has become way too obvious.

Therefore, I am trying to figure out how to lose the baggage of that last name I no longer like. I want to be just plain Boomer. And I am actually working on an avatar to go with that name. Last November I had not even heard of avatars.

So anyway, I hope to lose the BeBack soon. If I can figure it all out at some point, I will become Boomer, just Boomer, that's it.

I just want to go the route of my fellow boomer, Cherilyn Sarkisian.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 09-25-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:45 PM

What a great thread.... Thanks for posting

Another Linda on board.

Meriboo...is a combination of daughters names, Meridith and Brooke (her friends use to call her Boo)
Old 09-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Veteran member
Thumbs up

MMC24 has no meaning except to be used as an anonymous handle. The picture is of the baseball team that I follow and of which I am an official memeber of the Red Sox Nation! GOOOO SOX
Viet Nam
CT
TV
Old 10-02-2008, 06:47 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts
Default Cherilyn Sarkisian and Me

Oh what a beeeeeeeyoooootiful moorrrrrning,
Oh what a beeeeeeeyoooootiful daaaaaaay,
Got rid of that goofy name "BeBack,"
Everything's going my way.

Well, actually and obviously and, of course, everything is not going my way. But that's the best I could do this morning, could not think of an original rhyme. But hey, little tiny things working right are good, too.

And now, I can just be Boomer. You know. Like Cher.

I wonder if I should go shopping for a new wardrobe to go with this one name thing. Somehow I do not picture my fellow boomer Cher sitting around in her kitchen, wearing flannel, and typing a guzillion posts on some internet site. But maybe she will join us after she retires.

You just never know.

I sure didn't when I showed up here almost a year ago.

You just never know.

Hey, today -- lose the last name. Tomorrow -- a blog?

- -Nope, I don't think so. I still have not figured out the spellcheck download.

But I am working on an avatar.

Boomer, just Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 10-02-2008 at 06:57 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:48 AM
Veteran member

I'm a 'Parrothead' and I am from Great Britain!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.