Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum8156 View Post
... I am an English major.
Seriously ???
Old 02-23-2011, 09:27 AM
Platinum member

Despite my poor spelling and the writers disease of commatosis, I love writing short stories. Mostly mystery's and dramas. I had a collection of short stories published (sold 308 copies, now out of print) and I intend to put together another collection now that I have the time to market it correctly. After running two great writing workshops on LI, once I become a frog, I will try to find a group of serious writers in TV and start another group.

Last edited by Tom Hannon; 02-23-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:45 AM
Default All things Fiber

I am in love with all things Fiber. I have been for as long as I can remember. I took a long break from sewing until I was laid off for the first time in 2003. I knit, sew (purses, art to wear jackets, boxer shorts, etc.), quilt and usually have multiple projects going at all times. You never know what might come up out of the basement next.

I am attaching a picture of a scrap quilt I made for my Cousin and his wife. He told me on the phone that he didn't think she even smiled that much on their wedding day. I am really picky who I give my quilts to. I don't want to put all that hard work into one only to have it end up in a dog's bed.

The second picture is of my longarm (quilt machine). This thing sits on a 12 foot table and the machine head weighs 47 pounds. Yup, I am very serious about my hobby. I do quilt for others, but that is my fun job, not the job that pays my bills.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	scrappy_pineapple.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	126   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Millie1[1].jpg
Views:	192
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	127  
Old 02-23-2011, 10:46 AM
Veteran member

Yes. Duke U. 1962
Old 02-23-2011, 11:48 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

1. I can make a dog howl when I sing. Also get my neighbors to close their windows.

2. I can almost draw a straight line with a ruler. I keep trying and getting closer.

3. I can kill any plant just by looking at it. I buy 'em, they give up on the way home and they're dead by the time I walk through the door.

4. I know what a musical instrument is and enjoy listening to them but highly recommend you run the other direction if I start to play one.

5. I have no depth perception so don't ask me play a game involving a ball. If I don't get hurt, odds are you will (except pool -- that I can play quite well).

6. I can and do make beautiful wreaths. Have no idea where that talent came from, but I enjoy making them.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Platinum member

Much to the surprise of my darling Mother, I learned how to walk and chew gum at the same time!
Old 02-23-2011, 02:53 PM
Veteran member

I have no talent but do enjoy and admire other peoples talent.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Don't let UptownGirl get away with that answer, she is a fantastic artist (painter).

I also love to paint, love photography, am a talented dog groomer. Right now I'm painting a commission project, a large mural on canvas, 4.5feet x 16feet. Some of my pet photograhy is on our TOTV photo album.

Mr. K9 is a handyman supreme. He can fix anything. He was a professional hockey player in his young adulthood. He knows a lot about cars. He is also the kindest man I've ever met.

The Villages Florida

Last edited by K9-Lovers; 02-23-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

With all this talent we could start a business.

1. I can ski just about anything white and down.
2. Fly most anything with wings.
3. I am a jack of all trades....None really well, but I sew, I plumb, I fix appliances, do electrical work, milk cows, cut wood, drive tractors, repair most anything, build most anything, cook fairly well and many others well enough to make do.
4. I ride motorcycles.
5. Design and make Christmas ornaments along with my better half.
6. And a long long time ago, grew wonderful gardens, but somehow that talent seems to have left me lately.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
With all this talent we could start a business.

1. I can ski just about anything white and down.
2. Fly most anything with wings.
3. I am a jack of all trades....None really well, but I sew, I plumb, I fix appliances, do electrical work, milk cows, cut wood, drive tractors, repair most anything, build most anything, cook fairly well and many others well enough to make do.
4. I ride motorcycles.
5. Design and make Christmas ornaments along with my better half.
6. And a long long time ago, grew wonderful gardens, but somehow that talent seems to have left me lately.
You forgot to mention upholster furniture. And don't let him kid you -- he does them all quite well. (Didn't know about the flying, though.)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

OMG K9, what a beautiful painting. She is gorgeous; her eyes are magnetic and the colors of her fur are so soft. Your love of animals shines through. Who knew..? Where in the world did you find space to paint a 16ft canvas and what is the subject? I'm so impressed Since moving to TV I've become a watercolor artist and love it.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:23 PM
Sage

And I forgot to mention that I can't believe that's an oil painting, K-9. It looks like a very good photo. A truly beautiful painting. Thank you for sharing.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Wow K-9, 12rid, and everyone else

Soooo much talent, Yipsters!....I might add to K-9's thread, that she gives fantastic advice about ALL things K-9, helped me sooo much!

My talents, paint glass, watercolor, make ball-markers with many designs for my golfing friends and their friends, bead art, lap quilt BUT all of these things will be tossed to one side if I get to play GOLF.....Love golf and loved it when I was a 6 handicap BUT I enjoy golf more since we moved to the Villages and I don't play competitively....Oh, and last but certainly not least, IF you ask the political foes on TOTV, I'm very good at getting them furious....Ha!
Old 02-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
OMG K9, what a beautiful painting. She is gorgeous; her eyes are magnetic and the colors of her fur are so soft. Your love of animals shines through.
Where in the world did you find space to paint a 16ft canvas and what is the subject? I'm so impressed!
Ditto!!! What's going to go on that big canvas?

I am thrilled at the idea that there will be so many talented friends to meet when we finally get to join the community!!
Old 02-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

i am a phenom crochet artist - been doing it some 40 yrs - started after i was graduated from college - taught myself because i feared i might never get a real job! specialty is afghans - specifically irish aran isle patterns. quickest to make - golf cart lapghans [also good for wheelchairs].

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.