Where is the closest shooting range?

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2020, 06:44 AM
Default Where is the closest shooting range?

The queen and I live in Longwood (Seminole county) just one hour away. We are making plans to put our home up for sale soon and moving to The Villages, hopefully Bradford. I am a member as well as a RSO at the Seminole County Gun and Archery range. I plan on keeping my membership there, it’s a great range however it will be a 90 minute drive one way. Black Jacks Sporting Clays is right down the road and that’s great but was wondering if there was a pistol and rifle range near by? Where does everybody go?
Old 09-19-2020, 06:48 AM
Sage

If you want an indoor range then Shooter's World is just across from Brownwood (the southern most town square) and another indoor range is a couple of miles down the road east from Brownwood on 44.

Quote:
Originally Posted by culberson32750@yahoo.com View Post
The queen and I live in Longwood (Seminole county) just one hour away. We are making plans to put our home up for sale soon and moving to The Villages, hopefully Bradford. I am a member as well as a RSO at the Seminole County Gun and Archery range. I plan on keeping my membership there, it’s a great range however it will be a 90 minute drive one way. Black Jacks Sporting Clays is right down the road and that’s great but was wondering if there was a pistol and rifle range near by? Where does everybody go?
Old 09-19-2020, 06:51 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by culberson32750@yahoo.com View Post
He who helps himself ever hear of GOOGLE
shooting ranges the villages - Google Search
Old 09-19-2020, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

OP I am guessing you are looking for experience at outdoor and indoor ranges, as opposed to just google a range.
We use the range at a base, so can’t help you, but know many who use Shooters World, and very happy with the indoor range. Service is great, but repairs are little high.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Shooters World is brand new....and huge
Old 09-19-2020, 08:49 AM

Occasionally I go up to Ocala National Forest range. On Route 40
Outdoor.
Old 09-19-2020, 09:12 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,221 Times in 928 Posts

I'm going to join Eustis Gun Club, it has pistol, rifle and shotgun ranges and is about 35 minutes from my house. When you get here join The Villages Straight Shooters Club, check it out their website. I currently shoot pistol and rifle bullseye matches the club holds at Shooters World. The club also shoots at Ocala Sportsman Association, about 30 minutes from where I live in McClure Village. I'm not a member of Seminole County Gun and Archery Club but shoot metallic silhouette matches there that Bill Hyde holds, however I am a member of the Chuluota Sportsman Club and shoot metallic silhouette there also. Shooters World has 39 shooting lanes. 9 lanes of 100 yard rifle range, the rest being pistol range. You can stay quite busy shooting in this area at the different ranges.
Old 09-19-2020, 10:21 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
I'm going to join Eustis Gun Club, it has pistol, rifle and shotgun ranges and is about 35 minutes from my house. When you get here join The Villages Straight Shooters Club, check it out their website. I currently shoot pistol and rifle bullseye matches the club holds at Shooters World. The club also shoots at Ocala Sportsman Association, about 30 minutes from where I live in McClure Village. I'm not a member of Seminole County Gun and Archery Club but shoot metallic silhouette matches there that Bill Hyde holds, however I am a member of the Chuluota Sportsman Club and shoot metallic silhouette there also. Shooters World has 39 shooting lanes. 9 lanes of 100 yard rifle range, the rest being pistol range. You can stay quite busy shooting in this area at the different ranges.
The Villages Straight Shooters also shoot at Esmeralda (outdoor) Gun Range in Eustis; it's about a 30 minute drive from southern end of TV. They do "Dueling Tree" competitive shoots and steel shoots where you're required to move along the targets.

The closest IDPA/USPSA/IPSC/SCSA range is the Volusia County Gun Club where membership is not required to participate in sanctioned events. It's about a 1.5 hour drive from southern end of TV. (Volusia County Gun Club – The Premier Shooting Sports Range in Florida / Firearm Classes & Instruction / Security School)

Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit. Aristotle
Old 09-20-2020, 04:42 AM

Looking forward to the move and finds some new people to enjoy this hobby with. Hopefully one day ammo will be available again. Right now it’s so difficult to replace I’m not shooting much other than sporting clays.
Old 09-20-2020, 05:18 AM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

villages trap, skeet, & sporting clays - VTSSC
idk of a 500-700yd range
since the prev admin closed the us lead mine thru regulations, only source is e europe or russia
plenty of powder, cases, & hulls - primers are scarce tho
Old 09-20-2020, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
He who helps himself ever hear of GOOGLE
shooting ranges the villages - Google Search
Looking for a little more info but thanks for your help however.
Old 09-20-2020, 06:16 AM

The Gun Shop and Gun Range, Leesburg
Shooters World, The Villages
Old 09-20-2020, 06:42 AM

There is one in Leesburg!
Old 09-20-2020, 07:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,423 Times in 5,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
Is there a club for crooked shooters?
Old 09-20-2020, 07:32 AM

Ocala Sportsman's Association Inc. - Ocala Sportsman's Association
Very well run and always staffed with at least 2 range masters willing to help with all your needs.
Closed Thread

Tags
range, great, county, seminole, minute

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.