Where is the closest shooting range?

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2020, 08:13 AM

Shooter's World Brownwood. When indoors at Rec Ctr, a bazillion members are there. Watch out, your Queen may be snatched up by one of the 94% male members.
Old 09-20-2020, 08:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by culberson32750@yahoo.com View Post
The queen and I live in Longwood (Seminole county) just one hour away. We are making plans to put our home up for sale soon and moving to The Villages, hopefully Bradford. I am a member as well as a RSO at the Seminole County Gun and Archery range. I plan on keeping my membership there, it’s a great range however it will be a 90 minute drive one way. Black Jacks Sporting Clays is right down the road and that’s great but was wondering if there was a pistol and rifle range near by? Where does everybody go?
Brownwood - Shooters World
Old 09-20-2020, 09:01 AM

My husband and I enjoy The Gun Shop on 44. The range price is Cheap and I love the nostalgia items too. You can get your concealed carry permit too with the class they offer.
Old 09-20-2020, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Is there a club for crooked shooters?
There is a club for everyone including those who like to shoot around corners.

It is called the CSC the corner shooting club
Old 09-20-2020, 09:54 AM
John41

I am a Silver member of Shooters World in The Villages. There are other levels of membership with different benefits. There are two pistol ranges and one rifle range. You can shoot standing or sitting with a rest. Ventilation is excellent and there is a cleanup station and a small cafe. Ranges have a range marshal. They have a very large retail store where you can buy guns, ammo and shooting supplies. Ammo is expensive so I buy mine online. They have various classes and you can get your CC permit there. They are family oriented and there are many ladies. Sales people are helpful and knowledgeable. If you buy a gun there you get a lifetime warranty. I bought two guns there and the process was easy. There is a gunsmith who knows what he is doing and prices were reasonable. The Gun Shop on Rt 44 is a smaller range but also good and the employees very helpful. They also sell firearms and take trades or outright purchase. There is also an air gun club in The Villages with a range.
Old 09-20-2020, 10:05 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LClifford View Post
There is one in Leesburg!
Has been for years. On Rt 44 just east of TV.
Old 09-20-2020, 10:18 AM
Veteran member

If you don't mind a 30 minute drive then check out Eustis Gun Club. All outside, very safe, must be a member or guest of a member. They have several pistol ranges and rifle ranges.
Old 09-20-2020, 11:12 AM
Default amo shortage

I've been calling around this am for gun ranges - shortage of amo w people preparing for the November riots. Shooters world is the most expensive range around but has guns and amo in stock so will buy my new gun from them.
Old 09-20-2020, 11:42 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilorilori View Post
I've been calling around this am for gun ranges - shortage of amo w people preparing for the November riots. Shooters world is the most expensive range around but has guns and amo in stock so will buy my new gun from them.
There has been an ammo shortage long before any riots started.
Even primers/powder for reloading are in short supply.
Glad I bought a lifetime supply in 2006, costs have tripled+ since then.
Old 09-21-2020, 03:07 AM

right at w23!
Old 09-21-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
The queen and I live in Longwood (Seminole county) just one hour away. We are making plans to put our home up for sale soon and moving to The Villages, hopefully Bradford. I am a member as well as a RSO at the Seminole County Gun and Archery range. I plan on keeping my membership there, it’s a great range however it will be a 90 minute drive one way. Black Jacks Sporting Clays is right down the road and that’s great but was wondering if there was a pistol and rifle range near by? Where does everybody go?
You might try DC.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:47 AM
Default Nice shooting range right in the TV

Quote:
There is an indoor pistol/rifle range right in TV. They have a nice store and gunsmiths on site. I've not shot there yet but intend to. TV also has air rifle sites and clubs and archery ranges. They have a "sporting clays" club that uses Black Jacks I believe.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:53 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snbrafford View Post
There is an indoor pistol/rifle range right in TV. They have a nice store and gunsmiths on site. I've not shot there yet but intend to. TV also has air rifle sites and clubs and archery ranges. They have a "sporting clays" club that uses Black Jacks I believe.

It's right next to the new 7-11.
Old 09-22-2020, 03:45 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisenano View Post
My husband and I enjoy The Gun Shop on 44. The range price is Cheap and I love the nostalgia items too. You can get your concealed carry permit too with the class they offer.
Shot there a couple of times. Ventilation is poor, no AC on the range. Not much cheaper than Shooters World with great ventilation and AC.

And the Range on 44 is suppose to be lead loaded.
Closed Thread

Tags
range, great, county, seminole, minute

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.