Where else did you look?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Gold member
Default Where else did you look?

We bought in TV a year ago but actually moved in back in November. We'll be heading back north in a few weeks.
When we return in the fall I intend to start looking at other places to live. Just wondered what else is out there. I now TV is unique but I'd like to explore other places and possibly hit the road again.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:22 PM
Sage

Here's a related thread that's fairly recent:

http://www.talkofthevillages.com/for...ad.php?t=35944

Bill
Old 03-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Here's a related thread that's fairly recent:

http://www.talkofthevillages.com/for...ad.php?t=35944

Bill
Bill. Great job.

Your one talented dude.

How did you post the complete thread?
Old 03-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Bill. Great job.

Your one talented dude.

How did you post the complete thread?
Thanks..........but I don't know anything of being talented in much of anything!

If you want to copy a link for a complete thread into your particular post: Open another window (or whatever Mac people do if you're on that side of the coin), go to TOTV and find the particular thread you're looking for (via a search or, if it's one you know you've posted in previously, look under Quick Links then Subscribed Threads), highlight/copy the entire URL shown for the thread from the top of your browser, revert back to your other window, and paste the URL into the post you're creating. Ta-da! When it shows up after you've made your post, the TOTV software will shorten the length of the full URL as a space-saving consideration (you'll see some dots .... imbedded) so it'll look like part of it is missing. But it IS all there.

Hope all that makes sense!

Bill
Old 03-13-2011, 09:00 PM
Sage

Looked at a lot of places near Orlando (which is where we wanted to be).

I asked a sales rep at Del Webb, "who's your biggest competitor?"
He replied "The Villages, and it's big, people either love it or hate it"

We visited - and loved it.
Every place had a golf course and clubhouse/pool.
No other had the breadth of activities.
TV is great.
Searcy, AR
Village of St.James, The Villages, FL
Old 03-13-2011, 09:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
We bought in TV a year ago but actually moved in back in November. We'll be heading back north in a few weeks.
When we return in the fall I intend to start looking at other places to live. Just wondered what else is out there. I now TV is unique but I'd like to explore other places and possibly hit the road again.
I am curious why you are interested in moving away from TV after such a short time? Do you mind sharing?
Old 03-14-2011, 07:14 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
I am curious why you are interested in moving away from TV after such a short time? Do you mind sharing?
There are no real TV negatives, at least nothing to start a war about and I might decide to stay in TV as the snowbird I am now.
I'd like some place warmer for sure. While we just really moved in last fall, I was here a couple of times the previous winter and if this cold trend continues, I'm outta here for sure. The only thing I was trying to escape up north was the cold. I really like my northern home in the spring, summer and fall, thus the trips back and forth. If I were forced to decide between full time in the north or full time in the south it would be a tough decision.
I actually spend alot of time out of the bubble when I'm in TV. I've joined clubs on the outside and like spending time in the real world. I actually worked at the Sumter County Fair today with an organization to which I belong. We eat out and shop more off campus than in TV.
I definitely like TV and play as much golf as I want and am pretty busy from morning to night and have made friends here. I guess I just want to see what else is out there. It could be that what I have now is the best that I can get.
I'll be off on another adventure in the fall. I've lived in many places, some I liked some I didn't and know alot about where I don't want to live. I'm still uncertain about just where I do want to live.
Again, nothing really negative.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.