Spelling errors on posts

Closed Thread
Old 11-01-2013, 08:18 PM
Veteran member
Default Spelling errors on posts

Oh, folks, it's so depressing to see how many of you are spelling the simplest of words wrong. I know your, (oops, you're) smarter than these errors show. They're, their, there....you're, your.... etc. It's just one of my pet peeves and I had to address it. i feel better now!
Old 11-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by borjo View Post
Oh, folks, it's so depressing to see how many of you are spelling the simplest of words wrong. I know your, (oops, you're) smarter than these errors show. They're, their, there....you're, your.... etc. It's just one of my pet peeves and I had to address it. i feel better now!
Depressing?
Old 11-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Ohhhh Borjo.... I'm sorry your so depressed... you should take a Prozac like me, there really good and will make you feel betta.....
The Villages Florida

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 11-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Veteran member

See Kathie, you did it too! there
Old 11-01-2013, 08:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,020 Times in 453 Posts

I once read somewhere...

"If you can find mistakes in this publication, please consider they are there for a purpose. We publish something for everyone and some people are always looking for mistakes."
Old 11-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Ain't nobody perfect. Ain't no reason to try. We are seniors and no one is grading our papers. Don't make no difference no how.

You are a good person Borjo. But there are some with dyslexia and some that are good spellers. Some are athletes and some are not. Some are smarter than others and some are kinder than others and some people have everybody fooled and some people have nobody fooled.

We is what we is.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:07 PM
Sage

<yawn>
Old 11-01-2013, 09:12 PM

What's worse is items listed for sale without a price.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:12 PM

Let it go! At this age who cares. LOL
Old 11-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
See Kathie, you did it too! there
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

At least you still have your cents of humor, so you can't be that depressed.... The Villages Florida
The Villages Florida

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 11-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:

A reader may find it difficult to follow the train of thought of a writer if he encounters more than a couple of obvious typographical spelling errors. Spelling errors are distracting and hijack a reader's focusing on content. Furthermore, spelling errors tend to reduce a reader's opinion of the writer's intellect.

As a related observation, some posts are so replete with grammatical errors that a reader may simply give up on trying to understand what the poster is attempting to present.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 11-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Sage

I have an old friend who used to complain about all the "errors" in emails she received from old friends. After discussions she finally realized it was nicer to receive the contact from old friends than it was to criticize the correspondence.
Personally, I can figure out what someone is trying to say and would not want them to stop writing.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:39 PM
KittyKat

Quote:
with borjo. No matter where you're writing you should always put your best foot forward. I think it shows your lack of effort in elementary education. Try reading books more often, you can learn a great deal.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat View Post
with borjo. No matter where you're writing you should always put your best foot forward. I think it shows your lack of effort in elementary education. Try reading books more often, you can learn a great deal.
You're making one heckuva blanket statement here: those who misspell didn't try in school and don't read books. Wow.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
I have an old friend who used to complain about all the "errors" in emails she received from old friends. After discussions she finally realized it was nicer to receive the contact from old friends than it was to criticize the correspondence.
Personally, I can figure out what someone is trying to say and would not want them to stop writing.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.